Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 15 days!)

i only saw the first two episodes so far but i like this and i think it's a better thing for natasha lyonne to be doing than russian doll was, which kind of annoyed me. her schtick is entertaining, it just needs a good place to belong and happenstance columbo is perfect.

i liked ep1 more than 2 but i enjoyed both. i think the writing is a bit corny but that's okay. i hope the way she solves these things can become more inventive, or at least not play it's hand so obviously because i figured out what her next clue was going to be before she did too early. but i am very up for an episodic road trip crime solving outcast show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 15 days!)

hm, episode 3 was pretty crappy.

mostly boring situation, and the plot felt too jokey. BBQ master turns vegan after seeing one movie. didn't like the whole talking to the dog stuff, or the patronising way the right wing radio was inserted with charlile going 'ugh! i disagree with these things. like me' and calling the dog a fascist every time. they feel like desperate attempts at likeable comedy.

the wood tasting thing was so farfetched, the radio guy being such a good voice actor he managed to fool taffy's sister-in-law/girlfriend, too.

i know this is a light-hearted show and i'm up for that but i want it to feel clever, too, not so obviously contrived. i liked the prerecording a radio show to sneak out and do crime bit, but that was the only element that didn't feel like the boring kind of goofy nonsense.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 10, 2023