Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This is surprisingly a lot of fun! And the Columbo comparison is pretty spot on, IMO. She's got the same energy. First two episodes were entertaining so I'll keep watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Episode 3: Best of the show so far.

I loved the gimmick with the racist rear end in a top hat QAnon dog, and Natasha Lyonne is really starting to stretch her wings in the role. I am way into this now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

If anyone tells you gateway theory is bullshit, don't listen to them. I took a couple of hits of Poker Face and now I'm all hosed up on Columbo.

Discovered that it's on Prime Video even in Finland, and even though I watched and loved it as a kid, it's so much fun seeing it again as an adult. God drat Peter Falk was good, and Natasha Lyonne is so obviously doing a Columbo performance in Poker Face.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo, now that I have watched Columbo for the first time in 20 years, I realized that the Poker Face opening is literally a 1:1 recreation of the copyright year and title styles of Columbo. Boy they really aren't hiding it, are they?

Also Columbo owns. Columbowns.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Stop stealing for a moment and pay attention!"

What a god drat good episode. Loved the little fakeout of initially making it seem like Klepto Girl was going to be the hit & run victim but NOPE.

I am super glad for this thread because I never would have checked the show out without it and now I love it. What about Russian Doll, is that worth a watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That was a really good season. A couple of the episodes weren't as amazing as the others, but none of them were bad. Definitely the best new show of 2023 so far.