Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
If we're gonna make the comparison to Columbo I feel like every episode needs about 20 more minutes. One thing that I would really like is to see so much more of Charlie's relationship with the characters (especially the killers) develop. But instead it feels like we get the first big interaction 10-15 minutes before the end. Like, take episode 3. She has the confrontation with Lil Rey Howery where they kind of have each other figured out but she doesn't have proof. I want to see how they continue playing off of each other after that, but it's already minute 44 of a 55 minute episode (I may be a bit off on the exact times). And then in this week's episode, we only get to the investigation part 28 minutes in to a 50 minute episode.

Jerusalem posted:

Something I really liked about episode 2 and 3's conclusions, which I'd like to think is because she's learned, is that Charlie isn't there for either of the murderer's final reckoning, she's just moved on confident that she's set things up so that somebody with power AND a sense of responsibility will do what needs to be done, and she doesn't need to be there to see it.

One of the neat dynamics, I think, is how she isn't a cop but also can't really go to the police because she's hiding from Frost. It's led to some neat resolutions, even if I didn't really like the episode 4 one. Between stuff like that and the show's general structure you can really see Rian Johnson playing around with some of the ideas from Glass Onion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I think the episode just going with "Mortimer Bernstein" is my favourite joke so far.