Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Treecko posted:

If you get a dog they clean the litter box for you

My dog did this when he was a puppy, completely stopped around 5 months.

There's a product called For-Bid that you can dump on poo poo that dogs are about to eat and it makes them puke it back up. You just have to get to the cat box before the dog and powder coat their next snack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Peroxide is cheaper if you just want to make your dog puke.

They'll probably eat it afterwards tho

An oroborous of poo poo puking

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

These are the two whose poo poo I bag up every day. Big boy on top, little girl on bot

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Them some good kitties

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
The last cat i owned was a rescue and would attack us in our sleep until we gave up (bit my partner in the face while asleep) and took it to a no kill shelter. They also gave up and put it down. Turns out it was feral and I now hate cats. That's my cat story.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Mr. Crow posted:

The last cat i owned was a rescue and would attack us in our sleep until we gave up (bit my partner in the face while asleep) and took it to a no kill shelter. They also gave up and put it down. Turns out it was feral and I now hate cats. That's my cat story.

bbc origin story

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Oh wait were talking about cat poop i saw "cats poo poo" and had ptsd sorry

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I used to be a dog person until I got my current cats at which point I realized dogs are the worst imaginable pet and I never want one again, and cats are the best imaginable pet because they're extremely affectionate and caring and if you pay attention to them and make them comfortable they are super nice and chill and not @ all assholes. And ever since then I have grown to hate dogs more and more to the point where I now actively dislike them. They're loud and rowdy and demanding and you have to put a ton more work into them than into cats, and they give you far less in return.

Anyway I have 2 cats and 2 litterboxes and I scoop both litterboxes twice a day OP

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Crow posted:

Oh wait were talking about cat poop i saw "cats poo poo" and had ptsd sorry

Sounds like it would have made a good barn cat.

I found scruffing and brief isolation to work on breaking my cat's bad habits. I'd try to catch him in the act, so he knew why he was being scruffed and sent to the bathroom for an hour of cat jail, but he caught on pretty quick that there were rules, like "don't start poo poo with the dog." They're total buddies now.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm not even kidding when I say that to adjust my cats' bad behaviors literally all I have ever done is gently pick them up while kissing them on the head and saying 'you shouldn't be doing that' and I have never had to do that more than once or twice before they get the picture. I adopted a mama cat and her baby son and watched how she taught him and it works when I do it too :unsmith:

If you take the time to understand how cats communicate it turns out they are very easy to communicate with

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 27, 2023

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Me Talking to my Cat : "U put this illness into my body now u must remove it! You WILL remove it!!! Bastard!!!"

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Just pick them up with your teeth and show them who is the boss

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

BBC shivering with cat poop crumbs in his whiskers and lovely breath

"I hate them so, but I must feast"

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

Whenever my dog is hungry

This is my most hated post on all of SA.

including FYAD

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

People just assume I'm angry or hateful or whatever so whenever I post anything they're like "omg look how mad he is" and it's a post about how much I liked a sandwich or something.
Like, I'm not mad, everyone just goes nuts when I post.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

omg he posted to explain he's not mad he must be going insane with rage!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

People just assume I'm angry or hateful or whatever so whenever I post anything they're like "omg look how mad he is" and it's a post about how much I liked a sandwich or something.

You're one of my favorite posters and always have been, but if you speak ill of cats I will bomber you

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

do midwestern men forget that you don't gotta scream to sound angry? cuz like you sound mad angry that your cat growing up hated you lol

Big Beef City posted:

That's not what it means at all, why would you assume that?
It's an animal that wants you to feed it and offers no reciprocation.
You're a fool

did you own a feral cat when you were young BBC

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
BBC is actually a cat irl

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

SmallFormatBlues posted:

Cats are great and cats are awful. I have three and wish I had one normal cat.

There are no normal cats.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Thanks for the laughs, you angry sexist, you :allears:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Do you guys want to see one of my cats

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dunno why but this thread about cats made me hungry for a Reuben sandwich

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

madmatt112 posted:

Thanks for the laughs, you angry sexist, you :allears:

I do my best.
... I'd also like a Reuben sandwich

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
This is like 40% of this guy’s daily activities

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bagmonkey posted:

do midwestern men forget that you don't gotta scream to sound angry? cuz like you sound mad angry that your cat growing up hated you lol

did you own a feral cat when you were young BBC

I didn't HAVE a cat growing up and I never said as much, what are you talking about and what are you talking about Midwestern men screaming?
Is this more a you thing than anything?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
here's a pic of me listening to BBC's poo poo

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Sounds like it would have made a good barn cat.

who loving owns a barn in 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

bagmonkey posted:

lol basically this

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

bagmonkey posted:

:hmmyes:

BBC posts and I'm like

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

gettin quoted and raged at by BBC and I'm just

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

then Waterbed Wendy says something nice to me and

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bagmonkey posted:

That's a cool looking cat.
Now watch how many people quote this saying I've just been irate or did this in rage, or I'm a Midwestern man shouting or something.
lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

That's a cool looking cat.
Now watch how many people quote this saying I've just been irate or did this in rage, or I'm a Midwestern man shouting or something.
lol

I'm a lil shocked but torties are the best cats so I don't blame you for liking lil ol Waffle :love:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The greatest bonding a cat and dog can have is when a cat throws up and the dog eats it.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

deep dish peat moss posted:

I used to be a dog person until I got my current cats at which point I realized dogs are the worst imaginable pet and I never want one again, and cats are the best imaginable pet because they're extremely affectionate and caring and if you pay attention to them and make them comfortable they are super nice and chill and not @ all assholes. And ever since then I have grown to hate dogs more and more to the point where I now actively dislike them. They're loud and rowdy and demanding and you have to put a ton more work into them than into cats, and they give you far less in return.

Anyway I have 2 cats and 2 litterboxes and I scoop both litterboxes twice a day OP

Dogs are children that live for 15 years but never grow out of being insane toddlers. They're extremely loud, noisy, smelly, aggressive, expensive, and you have to take them outside multiple times a day or they will go crazy and ruin your house. People that own dogs are more often than not weirdass trailer trash people.

Cats are just these soft blobs that only need food water and a litter box, other than that they just look good and often are super sweet and cute. Generally they're completely fine to just be left alone and aren't needy in the slightest

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Toxic Mental posted:

Dogs are children that live for 15 years but never grow out of being insane toddlers. They're extremely loud, noisy, smelly, aggressive, expensive, and you have to take them outside multiple times a day or they will go crazy and ruin your house. People that own dogs are more often than not weirdass trailer trash people.

Cats are just these soft blobs that only need food water and a litter box, other than that they just look good and often are super sweet and cute.

No reason to hate on dogs friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Mr. Crow posted:

who loving owns a barn in 2023

The Amish.