Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Great game, nice work goon. The chat is sometimes even more fun than the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
How do I stop losing all my money on some underdog rolling high 10 times in a row

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

FrickenMoron posted:

How do I stop losing all my money on some underdog rolling high 10 times in a row

Never bet on a dragon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Popete posted:

Never bet on a dragon.

Just learned that myself, thought a Silver Dragon Wyrmling could take 4 invisible goblins. Was wrong

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I selfishly hope this game doesn't get big cause the chat is fun and chill and it's great when everyone dunks on the noble.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Yeah I'm glad 4chan already had their way with it, just seeing it go up like that would spoil me on the whole thing I think.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Popete posted:

I selfishly hope this game doesn't get big cause the chat is fun and chill and it's great when everyone dunks on the noble.

it's been around a couple years so its pretty mature and stable playerbase wise

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ahh the joys of losing tons of fake money on what should have been the winner.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If there is one thing this game has taught me it's that sport betting is incredibly dumb. This is a game where you have almost perfect information prior to betting and it's still very easy to get it wrong.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
I can't just walk away. losing 40000 on a 'sure thing' from dice rolls is heart breaking.

I love this little RNG engine

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Popete posted:

If there is one thing this game has taught me it's that sport betting is incredibly dumb. This is a game where you have almost perfect information prior to betting and it's still very easy to get it wrong.

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
Did not expect an instant kill against a Storm Giant to create a sudden sense of friendship with Doom Horse.
My only regret is not having more money to bet.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
I wish the gold balance UI element didn't always clamp down to 50. It can be kind of confusing if I go all in, the balance widget clamps to 50, and then if I win I don't wind up adding my winnings to the 50 balance as it might seem on the face of it.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
An all-in button would be convenient when grinding the first hundred golds.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
This has turned into a fantastic time-go-away machine, though when I see a long list of conditions and attacks my eyes just sort of glaze over and I mash the 80% button on another braindead wizard. ALWAYS BET ON HOOVES.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Donnerberg posted:

An all-in button would be convenient when grinding the first hundred golds.

If you type in a custom bet that is more than you have it just puts you all in.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Always bet on hydra

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Actually would be nice if every bet when you're at 50 would just all in you for 50, if there won't be an All In button

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Dackel posted:

Actually would be nice if every bet when you're at 50 would just all in you for 50, if there won't be an All In button

This is a really good compromise. I'm actively avoiding putting in an "All In" button, since it's a terrible idea at anything but ~50 gold, but defaulting to 50 if you're at minimum gold is a really good idea.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
betting is a terrible idea at any amount

lets go all in

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bet 3k on Ghost vs Chuul, all I had. Ghost missed every single attack and got pasted.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Are adopted monsters permanently in the rotation? I know they don't always get picked but I'm curious if I name one will it always be in the possible rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Popete posted:

Are adopted monsters permanently in the rotation? I know they don't always get picked but I'm curious if I name one will it always be in the possible rotation.

They are--there's no weighing towards more recent pets or anything fancy like that