Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?
I also feel like the introductory sequences to games are way longer.

When I get a new 'big' game I feel like I have to block out two or three hours just to start it, because I know it is going to shove me through an endless unskippable tutorial.

I kinda miss how older games would often have a seperate tutorial or training mode (like the obstacle course in Half Life) that would show you the ropes and then you can just get on with it. I feel like open world games should just start you in the open-world but let it be real obvious what you need to do to kick off the main plot, but it is pretty drat rare. You're often being led by the nose for ages before they let you wander around 'for real'. Sometimes it can be well done, but it very often isn't.

Red Dead 2 for example. I love the game. I loved the story. But it was rather disheartening that I had to trudge around in the snow for several hours before I could just get on a horse and ride off to do cowboy things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU