Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

... It's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.

Endorph posted:

on the whole games are actually the same length or shorter than they were in the ps2 era, open world games excepted. its just that as aaa game dev has become more about aping hollywood you get those insanely long end sequences. basically you're getting a hollywood movie but stretched out to 20 hours, so a 20 minute finale becomes a 2 hour finale. like resident evil 4 and the last of us 2 are about the same length its just that in resident evil the whole climax is about 30-45 minutes of gameplay and then a maybe 6-7 minute long cutscene ending, versus the finale of tlou2 where its like an entire hour long denouement with not that much gameplay. so its hard to find a good stopping point and it also feels like it drags way more. yknow.

in conclusion resident evil 4 was good

Start->Skip cutscene.

I don't want a movie, I wanna play a game. Put your narrative in the gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU