Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

quote:

29/1/2023, Sunday
11:30am JST/1:30pm AEST/2:30am GMT/9:30pm EST/6:30pm PST
DDT Sweet Dreams! 2023

0. Dark Match – Bonno Dai Shacho Presents No Fee Rumble: Sanshiro Takagi Vs Fuminori Abe Vs ASHUKA Vs Ariji Akinori Vs Shosaku Inoue Vs Kaijin Mukuro 696 Vs Kim Yocchan Vs Crusher Inoba Vs Great-CO-Khan Vs Great-GO-Khan Vs Gundan Hitori Vs Shinya Vs Tsutenkakuka Vs Dick Zlater Vs Tezuka awesome Ichiro Vs Dopyu♡McIntyre Vs Tadaki Toronomi Vs “Great Mother” Mazakon Kid Vs Big Bear Vs gently caress Takeda Vs Thick And Hard Kankuro Hoshino Vs BRA-VO Vs Hen China Vs Macho Gallows Vs Mori Haruomi Vs X
0. Dark Match – 4 Way Tag Match: Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata Vs MJ Paul & KANON Vs Antonio Honda & Akito Vs Yuya Koroku & Yuki Ishida
1. D GENERATIONS CUP – A Block: Hideki Okatani Vs Kazuma Sumi
2. D GENERATIONS CUP – B Block: Keigo Nakamura Vs Takeshi Masada
3. Special 6-Man Tag Match: Shinya Aoki, Yuki Ueno & Toi Kojima Vs Thanomsak Toba, Yukio Sakaguchi & Hikaru Machida
4. Special 6-Man Tag Match: Naruki Doi, Jun Akiyama & Soma Takao Vs HARASHIMA, Chris Brookes & Yukio Naya
5. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Tetsuya Endo, Kotaro Suzuki & Yusuke Okada (c) Vs Yuki “Sexy” Iino, Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno & Koju “Shining Ball” Takeda
6. KO-D Tag Team Titles: MAO & Shunma Katsumata (c) Vs Makoto Oishi & Shiori Asahi
7. KO-D Openweight Title: Kazusada Higuchi (c) Vs Yuji Hino

Chops for the Chop God :black101: Not content with their original 182-chop time limit draw in the D-Oh, Higuchi and Hino have been tenderising each other nicely on the preview tags in preparation for this KO-D Openweight title defence. Higuchi rules, he's my champ and he's done wonders at the top of the card, but goddamn I love Yuji Hino and want him main eventing more shows. The 37KAMIINA team of Shunma and MAO make their first defence of the KO-D tag belts after winning the vacant belts against the Omega team of Oishi and Asahi. Though they've only started teaming again recently, Omega have a long history together winning tag titles in Michinoku Pro and K-Dojo going back to 2006. The champs have a wild experience defecit, but they have NEPPOWER so it probably all evens out.

Also Pheromones are really high up the card challenging for the 6-man titles :geno: It's a shame because the other two 6-man tags look way more interesting with Shinya and 37K taking on MMA badasses and Naruki Doi teaming with Jun Akiyama for the first time. The last two matches on the main card are for the D-Generations cup to find DDT's best young talent (and which guy get's to go to the LA shows in March), including Keigo Nakamura who returned for this tour after a 14 month injury layoff.

Dramatic DDT posted:

The D GENERATIONS CUP begins on Sunday. All eight participants took part in a press conference during the week to give their views on the tournament. Hideki Okatani is confident he will win because he has the most in-ring experience out of everyone involved. Yuya Koroku thinks he has grown both physically and skillfully over the last year. He’s been waiting for a tournament like this to happen so he can show off his growth. Kazuma Sumi says with only three months of pro experience he has nothing to lose. Ilusion wants to leave an impression on fans who only know him from DDTeeeen!! and see what he can do beyond that brand. Keigo Nakamura has spent his preparation drinking raw eggs, eating bugs and breaking roof tiles all for his Twitter account. He also tried drinking an entire bottle of cola without burping but failed. Toi Kojima wants to level up and grab the opportunity to go to Hollywood. Yuki Ishida promised to do his best to take everybody down. Takeshi Masada thinks he let everyone down after he failed to beat Sanshiro Takagi and couldn’t earn his place on the USA shows. He is not concerned with the tournament’s goal of finding the strongest young wrestler in DDT. He is only focused on making it to Hollywood.

My hands feel so grimy writing out all of the names entering the No Fee Rumble. Some might sound familiar if you remember DDT’s past ventures with the wrestling club scene. Some are as recent as the time Sanshiro Takagi defended the DDT Extreme Title against a bunch of amateurs in a field. Others were around for the “ALL DOIN” experiment from 2018. Then there are names like Gundan Hitori who I remember seeing in DDT all the way back in 2010! Then there are the parody names on the list. ASHUKA is an Asuka tribute, there’s one person named after Drew McIntyre and another named after Dick Slater. If that’s not enough there are somehow also two wrestlers named after Great-O-Khan entering the match and I think only one of them is meant to be a parody!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
only rumble that matters tonight is the rumble of flesh on flesh contact as we witness the stiffest chops in the biz go at each other

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
oh shiiiiiit this is tonight? hell yeah

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Penguin Patrol posted:

oh shiiiiiit this is tonight? hell yeah

Main card in less than two hours, dark matches either an hour or half an hour before

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MY Royal Rumble has at least three great o'khan knock offs

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
stream is up, says matches will start at 10:50. i don't know what that means for me

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Penguin Patrol posted:

stream is up, says matches will start at 10:50. i don't know what that means for me

Roughly 20 minutes

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SG Bamboo posted:

Roughly 20 minutes

perffect

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Might miss some of the Rumble watching the WWE knockoff, but will definitely be here for the main card

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
wait there's really a ddt rumble tonight? i gotta actually check out the rest of this card

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rumble starting now! Hopefully crowd fills up during the preshow

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
FIREEEEEEE

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao Takagi with complete contempt for this match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

lol Takagi and Abe entering together

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
let's see these indie jobbers

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i don't think i know any of these clowns lol

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Splitscreening the real and fake rumbles, bless this cavalcade of weirdos

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Penguin Patrol posted:

Pretty sure they're all parodies from college wrestling clubs

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i'm sold

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

these are equivalent of camp leapfrog maybe even lower on japanese indie ladder

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
also the no fee means everyone is being paid in exposure

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao this kid

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
LET'S GO KID

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AN ACTUAL CHILD

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
already better than the royal rumble

just this kid laying out chops

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
wtf kid going top rope!!!!!!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Great segment

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
TIGER MASK!!!!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Fat Tiger Mask is my pick to win

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
laughing my rear end off on this

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
and Elephant Mask?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
the guy deciding to go in on every entrance

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Has that guy in pink come out like 4 times? :lol:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Ethan Page has got some competition from Fat Tiger Mask for the best tits in the game

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This Yuki Ueno parody guy is pretty good

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Holy poo poo that dudes facial hair :stwoon:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
deathmatch fred armisen making a fan out of me here