Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Shanahan seems to be a genuinely awesome offensive play designer and also smart enough to hire someone good to run his defense and leave him alone. As a head coach he has, uh, issues. But he's so great at the one thing he does that he has to be Head Coach and not merely OC. But tbh he looks pretty drat similar in the results he gets and the way he gets them to the younger Andy Reid.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Agreed 100% here, especially if you see the guy who made the catch urgently running up to his teammates saying "we gotta get to the line and snap the ball".

I've always wondered why players/teams don't do this when they're 100% certain they did in fact make the catch. Seems like an easy way to provoke the opposing coach to waste a timeout and a challenge, plus maybe make him hesitate to throw the flag later/in another game in a situation where you maybe didn't make the catch.

e: dammit, sniped

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eric the Mauve posted:

Shanahan seems to be a genuinely awesome offensive play designer and also smart enough to hire someone good to run his defense and leave him alone. As a head coach he has, uh, issues. But he's so great at the one thing he does that he has to be Head Coach and not merely OC. But tbh he looks pretty drat similar in the results he gets and the way he gets them to the younger Andy Reid.

I've always wondered why players/teams don't do this when they're 100% certain they did in fact make the catch. Seems like an easy way to provoke the opposing coach to waste a timeout and a challenge, plus maybe him hesitate to throw the flag later/in another game in a situation where you maybe didn't make the catch.

e: dammit, sniped

Man, playing chicken with the catch rules is playing with some serious fire, even if you're 100% sure you made the catch. :lol:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

kiimo posted:

Maybe instead of blowing a loving whistle to stop play you do something visual like i dunno cut the lights

okay maybe not cut the lights but there has to be a better way then blowing a whistle in the loudest stadium in the NFL that tells players to stop

The NFL is working on mind control implants officiating enhancement upgrades to better bring play to an orderly halt and maintain the highest quality of on field play but they aren't ready to be rolled out just yet.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Nervous posted:

Is there a who dey? on the back?

This one doesn't :(

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Vengarr posted:

That was originally a thing, but it was abandoned because the third QB was functionally useless. He got no practice reps, and if he entered the game, the other QBs weren’t allowed back in. So he couldn’t even spot-fill during an injury evaluation.

No, how it worked was that once you put your 3rd string QB in, no other QB could go back in until the 4th quarter. Parcells very specifically would name Tom Tupa (who was a QB/Punter) as the backup QB, and the actual backup QB as 3rd string QB. That way he didn't use a roster spot on the Punter, and had an extra spot for a special teamer.

quote:

The third quarterback rule states that if a third quarterback is inserted before the fourth quarter, a team’s first two quarterbacks cannot be used in the game at any position.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This is one salty mother fucker

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1620519269602828288?s=20&t=O4RFz-AewhWUR9xwVNRFqw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Good dude. Not letting the postseason distract him from training for next season.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Nick Bosa making the objectively correct decision to not support the NFL. Subjectively feels bad to me.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I didn't know Nick Bosa was ArfJason all along.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is one salty mother fucker

“THE CHAMPONSHIP GAMES WERE RIGGED!! MANY PEOPLE SAYING IT VERY STRONGLY! SAD!!!”

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

You'll never improve if you refuse to watch tape on the best of the best.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
To be fair, I get why Nick Bosa of all people doesn't want to see an Eagles uniform coming towards him for a while.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pro bowl week is the worst week of the year.

More like pro bowl weak! A joke befitting of this lameass time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Everyone enjoy pro bowl week while you can, this time two weeks from now ESPN is going to be showing Cornhole and Stone Skipping championships.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

Everyone enjoy pro bowl week while you can, this time two weeks from now ESPN is going to be showing Cornhole and Stone Skipping championships.

Hey now there's still college basketball till April then it's loving dead

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ESPN doesn't have March Madness so my statement stands :colbert:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
People don't enjoy watching corn hole and noted corn hole champion Jay Cutler?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Zurreco posted:

People don't enjoy watching corn hole and noted corn hole champion Jay Cutler?

Dammit for a minute there you got my hopes up that there was a pro bowl cornhole completion with Smokin Jay as a special celebrity ringer

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not joking I would 100% watch Jay Cutler host a celebrity cornhole event with players getting blind drunk and talking poo poo

I'm gonna need Jay to smoke during it though so whatever network that would greenlight that go for it and not loving Switch or Quibi please

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Docjowles posted:

Dammit for a minute there you got my hopes up that there was a pro bowl cornhole completion with Smokin Jay as a special celebrity ringer

There is

Also who the gently caress invited Jimmy Clausen to the Pro Bowl?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zurreco posted:

Someone's got to clean the toilets.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Jaire Alexander loving launching dodgeballs into the stands has already made this better than the normal pro bowl

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
night court renewed for season 2

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

xbilkis posted:

Jaire Alexander loving launching dodgeballs into the stands has already made this better than the normal pro bowl

He rocks

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Zurreco posted:

There is

Want a Jay Cutler SUPER HOLE III jersey

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

Eh, the Combine is in March, and then we get some insanity with free agency later in March whenever the league year starts. The Draft is in April and that’s always entertaining. If you watch other stuff, there’s still good (Playoff hockey!) for a while.

Late June/July is the desert where Stone Skipping and Marble Racing and European Trolly Olympics and competitive eating are the only things going on.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Don't forget America's game baseball professional poker

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I once chucked on a strong man event where that dude from game of thrones competes and ended up watching like 2 hours because I was enthralled by these barrells with arms lifting giant rocks and small cars for lots of reps.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

fartknocker posted:

Eh, the Combine is in March, and then we get some insanity with free agency later in March whenever the league year starts. The Draft is in April and that’s always entertaining. If you watch other stuff, there’s still good (Playoff hockey!) for a while.

Late June/July is the desert where Stone Skipping and Marble Racing and European Trolly Olympics and competitive eating are the only things going on.

Marble racing is good and pure and I will not hear it slandered

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

O-rangers

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Cavauro posted:

O-rangers
gently caress. Yes. #gORangers bitches

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Cavauro posted:

O-rangers

Surprised you don't root for Crazy Cat's Eyes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they're hosed up bastards

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I have extremely strong opinions about the fictitious coaching staff for a group of inanimate marbles. loving O'Rangers always falling off in the second half, it's clearly not a talent issue!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Green ducks quack quack quack

The oRangers are the Manchester United of marble league.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

didn't know. i was there in the beginning up until just after the second marblelympics. haven't watched in years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Dpulex posted:

night court renewed for season 2

I'm just going to say it: I like Night Court.