Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Diva Cupcake posted:

That was pretty loving stupid by Ossai imo.

Insult to injury he hyperextended his knee real awkwardly trying to avoid crashing into the bench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Cinci, ya got screwed.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The opposite results I was looking for today.

Those refs were absolute dog poo poo tho.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
lets go eagles, gently caress the refs and the chiefs

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/jstaley74/status/1619888777882914816?s=61&t=BijBtCDQ8zL6jpXfvDNuxA

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mahomes still threw for 300 with terrible WRs

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Diva Cupcake posted:

Incredibly dumb.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheTumboy/status/1619895297299353605?t=YupN1YTHG8_os265GtjVkA&s=19

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Diva Cupcake posted:

who gives a poo poo, the refs put the chiefs in a position to win the game before that call even happened

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

the only good thing about the bengals losing is this will never be posted again

wandler20 posted:

The opposite results I was looking for today.

Those refs were absolute dog poo poo tho.

eh eagles winning is fine. I like Hurts a lot and this group hasn't really...won a SB.

Chiefs are a dynasty and I never root for dynasties (unless it's my team then GO ASTROS WOOO!).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Worst Person You Know.jpg

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/1619895616116781056?s=20

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

By god he means several localized painkiller injections

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Games like this remind you that the ball does, in fact, lie. Quite often.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Eagles are going to shithouse the Chiefs unless. of course, the """NFL""" wants the Mahomes to get another ring

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

ugh, dont make me agree with this idiot (less about the final call and more about all the hosed up earlier calls)

Kirios posted:

amen

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JasonKelce/status/1619897181431017474?t=HaFvPgIpM40-9JvWPnI_8w&s=19

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The “late hit” on burrow of someone touching him in the field of play right after a pass and him falling down vs the hitting mahomes well after he was out of bounds.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's ver yembarrassing for bill simmons but they did just that, barely even 20 minutes prior to his tweet

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maybe don't let a player return a punt 35 yards and then give up a 15 yard penalty.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I'm happy the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl, but I also look forward to Cinci winning one down the line, which seems like that'll happen sooner rather than later.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
THAT WAS loving HORSESHIT

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Kirios posted:

You can't believe that's true.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

who is momma kelce supposed to root for

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Koirhor posted:

THAT WAS loving HORSESHIT

:hmmyes:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Maybe don't let a player return a punt 35 yards and then give up a 15 yard penalty.

uncalled block in the back on the punt, after a drive in which the refs called incredibly suspect grounding against burrow (and then mahomes did the exact same thing on the final drive and it went uncalled). there's tons of examples of them loving it up this game dude.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

uncalled block in the back on the punt, after a drive in which the refs called incredibly suspect grounding against burrow (and then mahomes did the exact same thing on the final drive and it went uncalled). there's tons of examples of them loving it up this game dude.

lmao

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Go to bed loser

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The Bengals lost to a QB on one leg....on a running play lmao

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

OneMoreTime posted:

I'm happy the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl, but I also look forward to Cinci winning one down the line, which seems like that'll happen sooner rather than later.

After losing like that? No shot, that's a kind of loss that sinks a team.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Nothing like a reinvigorating punch to the soul to remember what it feels like to be alive

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I predict Kelce will win the Super Bowl.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I had the misfortune of hearing Kelce's promo during the trophy ceremony and holy gently caress go Eagles.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Silly Burrito posted:

I predict Kelce will win the Super Bowl.

Hope they do a podcast this week with a Spy vs. Spy theme

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

I had the misfortune of hearing Kelce's promo during the trophy ceremony and holy gently caress go Eagles.

Wait until you learn about his brother

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Pron on VHS posted:

Go to bed loser

ive got work to do, and the bengals aren't my team. i just can't stand when the refs ruin otherwise good games and you idiots go to bat for them

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/BostonIndycar/status/1619893278920564736?s=20

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Grounding was the correct call. I am absolutely not prepared to stretch the definition of "the vicinity" to that extent. Plus they converted the first down anyway so I'm not sure what difference it makes. The "sixth down" drive was outrageous, but the Chiefs punted anyway.

By far the worst call of the night that actually made a difference was the successful challenge on the spot of the ball. That was not forward progress - he extended the ball, and "crossing the plane" only applies on the goal line. Was a decisive mistake on a touchdown drive.

I guess I just can't get upset by NFL officiating when I'm watching NBA games every night. It puts this poo poo in perspective. NFL officials make mistakes, but they aren't emotional basket cases handed petty authority to redefine the rules minute-by-minute like NBA refs are. Unlike the NBA, I really do think the NFL is sending its best.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The Chiefs are a very talented team and I am not shocked they are in the Super Bowl. I also just watched them make out like bandits from officiating and while I am not claiming there was some "fix", it's super lame. Going to root for the Eagles in a couple of weeks and honestly I think they are likely a sizable favorite.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's going to be a good Super Bowl and I love every poster for every team and hell, they love me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Lifespan posted:

The Chiefs are a very talented team and I am not shocked they are in the Super Bowl. I also just watched them make out like bandits from officiating and while I am not claiming there was some "fix", it's super lame. Going to root for the Eagles in a couple of weeks and honestly I think they are likely a sizable favorite.

this is all correct.

maruhkati posted:

I guess I just can't get upset by NFL officiating when I'm watching NBA games every night. It puts this poo poo in perspective. NFL officials make mistakes, but they aren't emotional basket cases handed petty authority to redefine the rules minute-by-minute like NBA refs are. Unlike the NBA, I really do think the NFL is sending its best.

dude i can get mad about bad NFL refs and still agree that the NBA refs are in a whole nother class of bad. sometimes i think the NBA is intentional whereas the NFL i mostly align to them being wildly incompetent at the worst moments