Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all the pent up hostility coming out in a moment of triumph must be related to the fear of facing the philly Eagles after having so many players intentionally injured by the cincinnati bengals. if you saw joseph ossai crying his eyes out at the end it was because he was supposed to push patrick mahomes into the bench and end his season as revenge for beating #TheyHaveToPlayUs, but he failed to do so. that's because this is his first season getting to play after missing his rookie season entirely. next season he'll be ready. but seriously everyone, that was a wonderful gutsy performance by the best qb in the league, the mvp, the showstopper, and his crew which was a skeleton crew in many ways. you don't expect the game to have ended on a field goal otherwise. good luck in the national championship game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Big thank you to the Chiefs to honor Damar by going up 3 points with 3 seconds to go.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Here's my feeling on the refs at the end of the game. Was the hit out of bounds technically correct? Sure. Was it egregious? No. Does Mahomes get those calls? All the time. Would they have called that if it had been Josh Johnson? No way. You just knew, and I have no horse in this race, that KC was going to win that game because the refs were going to involve themselves in some way if they had even the slightest excuse. And they were given the easy excuse of all- a hit on Mahomes.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Eagles -1 and 49 point total are the initial lines. Under seems right because the first half SB play calling tends to be conservative but man, I'm stuck on the winner.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Mahomes throws into the dirt all 2nd half better call Burrow for grounding, and not call the block in the back and so on so forth what a lame way to handle the AFCCG

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Some bitter-rear end motherfuckers in this thread

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Relentlessboredomm posted:

dude i can get mad about bad NFL refs and still agree that the NBA refs are in a whole nother class of bad

Well, I'm sorry, I watch enough of the NBA that it's affected my baseline of what constitutes a problem.

Mistakes are gonna happen. Some of those mistakes are gonna be important. My favorite team had a blatant missed OPI go against them in the playoffs in 1975, which was arguably the best chance at a Super Bowl they ever had. lovely as it is, you can't prevent it 100% of the time. The most that can be done is to make sure that there isn't a foundational systemic problem, which I just don't see a sign of here. They blew some calls. That's part of the game.

I'd really like to help you, buddy, but I'm all out.

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 30, 2023

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/TitleTalkTCL/status/1619707557286924288?s=20

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*puts on an NFL hat ala Rob Lowe*

As a Lions fan, I will likely never experience a conference championship, so I just hope the teams have fun!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Some bitter-rear end motherfuckers in this thread

I'm not sure how my rear end tastes, and I cannot discourage people enough from trying to find out.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

TheKevman posted:

Eagles -1 and 49 point total are the initial lines. Under seems right because the first half SB play calling tends to be conservative but man, I'm stuck on the winner.

After watching the early game the Eagles pass rush is going to destroy Mahomes unless his leg is healed by god again. Suh will probably single-handedly take him out of the game.

If I could bet(stupid Texas) I’d take the Eagles for sure

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
You guys realize the late hit out of bounds is almost always called right, I don’t recall the late hit on Burrow minutes earlier maybe someone has a clip

The mulligan was certainly something and I’m glad the chiefs didn’t score off that because that would have been a valid scandal

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's wild how many people are suddenly really salty about intentional grounding in the opposite way as usually as soon as it ends up being called on a team they like

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pron on VHS posted:

You guys realize the late hit out of bounds is almost always called right, I don’t recall the late hit on Burrow minutes earlier maybe someone has a clip

The mulligan was certainly something and I’m glad the chiefs didn’t score off that because that would have been a valid scandal

It wasn't a late hit on Burrow, a defender pushed him as he was falling backwards and Burrow immediately started whining like most QBs do.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pron on VHS posted:

I was literally saying out loud "DON"T loving HIT HIM" as they were barreling to the sideline. It's always a call. 100% of the time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bring 1 back for the old afc (*** ******* conference)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Pron on VHS posted:

Frank Clark ran into Burrow a split second after he released the ball, who did his best soccer player impression and flopped like Morbius's second release hoping for a flag

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

maruhkati posted:

Well, I'm sorry, I watch enough of the NBA that it's affected my baseline of what constitutes a problem.

Mistakes are gonna happen. Some of those mistakes are gonna be important. My favorite team had a blatant missed OPI go against them in the playoffs in 1975, which was arguably the best chance at a Super Bowl they ever had. lovely as it is, you can't prevent it 100% of the time. The most that can be done is to make sure that there isn't a foundational systemic problem, which I just don't see a sign of here. They blew some calls. That's part of the game.

I'd really like to help you, buddy, but I'm all out.

lol i get that.

i can still be irritated by it, since my baseline hasn't been changed yet.

and no one's looking for help friend, this is the thread to bitch and piss and celebrate the games that just ended

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Anyways Philly is going to steamroll this KC team just like they would have steamrolled Cinci.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

Anyways Philly is going to steamroll this KC team just like they would have steamrolled Cinci.

Yup not even going to watch tbh

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Lifespan posted:

The Chiefs are a very talented team and I am not shocked they are in the Super Bowl. I also just watched them make out like bandits from officiating and while I am not claiming there was some "fix", it's super lame. Going to root for the Eagles in a couple of weeks and honestly I think they are likely a sizable favorite.

how can ppl root for the team that fired andy reid

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

Yeah I am not at all confident KC puts up a game in two weeks. That's gonna be either an insanely close heartbreaker or the Eagles by 20.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Only two more weeks of Kelce brothers puff pieces. We can collectively get through this brutal slog.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Reading the gdt all day convinced me that the refs got both games 100% correct.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

That wiggle thing is still excited though. Only a matter of time before the Bengals do win. This means they'll only win 4 SBs with Burrow instead of 5. If their o-line had stayed healthy they'd have won this game easily.

Oh yeah... Bengals fans, don't worry. You have an all star qb. There's no way you can choke a bunch of playoff games. Don't worry about this. It's not like you have to take advantage of the situation you have. You have all the time in the world to win a superbowl. :)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I mean, by any metric that exists on this earth the 49ers defense is far and away better than the Chiefs defense right? Because the Eagles offense today was uninspiring.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Strobe posted:

Yeah I am not at all confident KC puts up a game in two weeks. That's gonna be either an insanely close heartbreaker or the Eagles by 20.

Yeah this isn't even an indictment on KC, just how good Philly looks/is

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The AFC for the next decade is going to be a lazy susan of Allen, Mahomes, and Burrow blotting out the loving sun for everyone else like Brady, Manning, and Flacco (lol) did for the previous two decades.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm not sure how my rear end tastes, and I cannot discourage people enough from trying to find out.

rear end should always be blasted

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

My issue with that call isn't if it's valid/invalid, it's that it was always going to be something and Mahomes was going to get any call in that situation. Not every QB would get that call in that situation, and the broadcasters/sports talk would just say "well you can't throw a penalty in that situation", but the rules are different with certain QBs. And don't get me wrong, I like Mahomes, he's fun to watch, but it doesn't change the fact that if it hadn't been that call it would have been something else. The refs were going to throw the flag for anything, and they got the perfect excuse.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean, by any metric that exists on this earth the 49ers defense is far and away better than the Chiefs defense right? Because the Eagles offense today was uninspiring.

I think SF had a the top overall defense in the league if I am not mistaken.

KC does have Andy Reid though, so who knows?

I'd bet the house on Philly

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Eagles scored 31 points today iirc

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Turdfuzz posted:

how can ppl root for the team that fired andy reid

bc andy reid ended up winning that particular exchange. i mean he's done pretty ok for himself since then and while the eagles have done alright too its been much more up and down.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

SpitztheGreat posted:

My issue with that call isn't if it's valid/invalid, it's that it was always going to be something and Mahomes was going to get any call in that situation. Not every QB would get that call in that situation, and the broadcasters/sports talk would just say "well you can't throw a penalty in that situation", but the rules are different with certain QBs. And don't get me wrong, I like Mahomes, he's fun to watch, but it doesn't change the fact that if it hadn't been that call it would have been something else. The refs were going to throw the flag for anything, and they got the perfect excuse.

"No guys it was a conspiracy and the fact that there actually was a flag to throw is hiding it"

sure thing buddy

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bengals, you may have lost, but you will not be forgotten.

I will remember you

Will you remember me

https://twitter.com/FOX19/status/1619902020730687488?s=20&t=oyht5FlrLJiVPDYp_6gNfQ
Don't let your life pass you by

Weep not for the memories

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Strobe posted:

The AFC for the next decade is going to be a lazy susan of Allen, Mahomes, and Burrow blotting out the loving sun for everyone else like Brady, Manning, and Flacco (lol) did for the previous two decades.

here's hoping TLaw manages to break into that group but yea, there's so many good young QBs in the AFC it's gonna be nearly impossible to get through the AFC playoffs without one

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Relentlessboredomm posted:

bc andy reid ended up winning that particular exchange. i mean he's done pretty ok for himself since then and while the eagles have done alright too its been much more up and down.

Andy Reid has probably the most talented QB in NFL history and one SB win he sucks rear end

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Bengals, you may have lost, but you will not be forgotten.

I will remember you

Will you remember me

https://twitter.com/FOX19/status/1619902020730687488?s=20&t=oyht5FlrLJiVPDYp_6gNfQ
Don't let your life pass you by

Weep not for the memories

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Eagles scored 31 points today iirc

Helps when the opposing offense has to play as if they existed before the forward pass was instituted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Andy Reid has probably the most talented QB in NFL history and one SB win he sucks rear end

you shut your drat mouth, andy reid is a great coach and a lovable walrus. i will still be rooting against him in the superbowl tho