Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madlobster
Aug 12, 2003

Funky See Funky Do posted:

*pins a notice to the notice board

Wanted: Cow milker.

Reward: A sleek glossy black pair of leather knee high stiletto boots.

Now I know what lead up to this:
https://www.wowhead.com/item=128436/a-steamy-romance-novel-got-milk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

The Hello Machine posted:

100 gold to gently caress off

Come to think of it, has there ever been such a sidequest in an ARPG before?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Listen guys, I just figured out that I'm holding a crucial item needed to continue the hero's journey.
So what I'm saying is get the stiff brush and start leathering my ballsack if you don't want to be stuck as a level 5 rogue forever.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

zone posted:

Come to think of it, has there ever been such a sidequest in an ARPG before?

Dunno about an ARPG but if you find glasses for Renescu (hidden quest) in Fallout 2 you can later keep telling him 'Youre welcome' until he throws a reward at you and threatening to kill you if you don't shut up.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

By popular demand posted:

Dunno about an ARPG but if you find glasses for Renescu (hidden quest) in Fallout 2 you can later keep telling him 'Youre welcome' until he throws a reward at you and threatening to kill you if you don't shut up.

Oh yeah, I must've forgot about that one. Cheers. :cheerdoge:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Ahhh, an adventurer, I see! A wanderer. A vagabond! A strider of hidden paths! How many roads have you gone down to reach this place, I wonder?

You, I think, are exactly who I've been waiting for. I have for you a task. It is a simple thing, truly. A trifle! Yet, I confess, you are not the first I have asked. All those who have come before you have proven themselves unable or unwilling and so I shall make it worth your while.

Show me your feet.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Put on this robe and wizard hat.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
The wizard stole OP's balls

Are you a bad of enough dude to find them?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Slay the evil poster William Henry Hairytaint

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Polish the knob of my wizard staff to a gleaming shine

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I offer you a moral choice, hero. The path you take will decide not only your future, but the future of this very world.

You may choose to fight the Demon Queen. Or you may subscribe to her OnlyFiends.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Thank god you're here, hero! My village, it's been... it's been razed to the ground by ogres! My wife, my daughter, my friends, all of them slain! Please, find the group who did this and bring them to justice!

Wait, what's that you're writing there?

Sidequest?

loving sidequest?!

This is an entire village! Everyone I've loved is dead and this is just a diversion for you? Something you do as-as-as a hobby? Oh god. I'm gonna be sick. Just leave me here. Just go. Do whatever you think is more important.

I have a daughter to bury.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Why are all you NPCs so lazy do your own sidequests!!!

*throws Xbox controller*

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Wizard guild is always lookin' for more mules.

Not those kind of mules.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Be careful out there, it's a dangerous world. My father was an adventurer too, when I was a little kid he accepted a quest to retrieve a pack of smokes and he was ne'er seen again.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Bake some banana bread.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Thanks for getting the alcohol for my baby adventurer! Here is 50 gold.
But adventurer, my baby is now sick with alcohol poisoning! Can you get get a cure for my baby? I need 4x Adrenaline for my baby.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

Slay the evil poster William Henry Hairytaint

teach horrendously lonely poster Smugworth how to win friends and be loved

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hello brave adventurers.

The Last time a pack of heroes came to town, they started throwing around thousands of gold pieces on every good and service that our town was willing to offer. Now our economy is ruined. Even a loaf of moldy bread costs many times what the average peasant could hope to make in their lifetime. Can you do something about this? I don't know how to fix it, I am just an illiterate gong farmer, but I have 25 xp right here just waiting for you once you finish the job.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I don't have the blueprints for the time machine

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

teach horrendously lonely poster Smugworth how to win friends and be loved
Heal the emotional wounds between these two forlorn lovers.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh lord, help us! Every time someone completes a task they become physically stronger and smarter and now everyone here is obsessed with delivering me flowers! I only asked for them once! All these shoulderpads and mounts are ruining my home!

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I was at an all you can eat fish restaurant and they kicked me out before I had all I could eat. Can you help me?

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Help the dragon commit tax evasion (an accounting skill of at least +10 is recommended)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If you could you know get rid this world of my jerk neighbor. Keeps on asking questions about my "business"... I mean that jerks probably an evil witch or something, yeah.

Hey you need to tell me if your a cop right?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Cobra Commander posted:

I was at an all you can eat fish restaurant and they kicked me out before I had all I could eat. Can you help me?

Time to die! <Attack>

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Quest: Bring me 4 jugsworth of horsemilk that I mayest wet mine whistle

Reward: 4 jugs (empty)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Please, adventurer, come to this hiring seminar I'm hosting where YOU TOO can find out how to make MAD CASH from the comfort of your home!

*if you refuse I become irrevocably-hostile, chasing you to the ends of the earth*

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
"And so, for a modest introductory fee, you too can host a tupperware party"

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
My lawyer couldn't clear me of my DUI, but maybe you can, Adventurer!

DIFFICULTY: Hard
REWARD: A handshake

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Paint my chicken coop 30 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWuEniepGhk

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Answer me these questions three, brave adventurer!

What is thy true name?
What is thy social security number?
What is thy credit card information?

Answer truly hero, lest your soul be forfeit and cast down to the pits of hell.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Adventurer, my baby has taken the adrenaline, but now he needs open heart surgery! Can you go to the surgeon and convince him to give my baby open heart surgery? I need 4x Open Heart Surgery vouchers for my baby.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Polish my scepter real slow while maintaining eye contact with me.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
Hail mighty adventurer! Would'st thou be able to piss in this cup for me? Please man im on probation I got to report to them in 30 minutes, im begging you. I was around some people smoking weed last night and I cant come up hot again or they're gonna send me away for 3 years

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Test this guacamole for me, I'm not sure of the expiration date

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Some local kids have been messing with my pumpkins.

You know what to do.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

Senator Sprinkles posted:

Cmon follow me, it’s easier if I show you *takes off at 115% walking speed*

Alternatively, takes off at 25% walking speed and you fail the quest anytime you get more than 3 feet away from the NPC.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
"Hello, fair adventurer. I see you are burdened with coin. Please step into my domicile. I have something called an E-meter that I need help repairing. Your reward will be the journey itself."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

I hear you’re off and back to kill ten giant rats for Ratchcatcher Harold. Can u pick me up a taco on the way? Thanks homeslice 🏠 🍕 🙏