Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Didn't see a new thread posted so I'll throw one up.

Let's...discuss the Pro Bowl. There are many things to talk about, which I am sure you will all supply since I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

last season was funny and fun. it's going to be a tough season ahead

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

This would be very funny:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1619786254668955649?t=Vmrpgau8_1yKk__-QqQ8WQ&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mystic Stylez posted:

This would be very funny:

Wait...Trevor Lawrence didn't even make the alternate list?

Hell Derek Carr is about to be fired and he should go instead. How did this end up happening?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

pro bowel

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

Didn't see a new thread posted so I'll throw one up.

Let's...discuss the Pro Bowl. There are many things to talk about, which I am sure you will all supply since I don't know.

Flag football with the Mannings as coaches

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Breer lists Bucs, Saints, Panthers and Jets as possibilities.

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1620054281171918851?s=46&t=bCzedISf00BOb4GesuuI-Q

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cavauro posted:

last season was funny and fun. it's going to be a tough season ahead

On average, each NFL season is pretty good. Not as good as last year, but definitely better than next year.

Edit: agree its nuts that Lawrence or even Carr aren't alternates. Hell, Jacoby Brissett had a better year than Huntley.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Does anyone else remember the Quarterback Club challenges they used to air on ESPN back in the 90s? I wish they would bring it back. It was always fun cause it was half about the challenges and how insanely competitive the QBs were and half just them showing some fun personalities.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

syzpid posted:

Does anyone else remember the Quarterback Club challenges they used to air on ESPN back in the 90s? I wish they would bring it back. It was always fun cause it was half about the challenges and how insanely competitive the QBs were and half just them showing some fun personalities.

I thought they brought this back a few years ago, or elements of it are part of the “Pro Bowl Games” beyond the flag football game they’re doing this year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I will continue to not watch the pro bowl, but much like the puppy bowl, I hope everyone has fun.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

fartknocker posted:

I thought they brought this back a few years ago, or elements of it are part of the “Pro Bowl Games” beyond the flag football game they’re doing this year.

I know they are doing skill challenges this year but I assumed it was involving all the players. It was nice when it was just an hour with the QBs. I also haven't watched the Pro Bowl in years. Plus considering how many QBs opt out of the event it's not the same.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

syzpid posted:

After the 00 season, they had a throw distance competition between like Bledsoe, Warner, Beurlein, maybe Grbac or something and Ken Dorsey.

All the nfl qbs just casually launched it 50+ yards right down the middle of the field.

Dorsey crow hopped it thirty yards out of bounds.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

After the 00 season, they had a throw distance competition between like Bledsoe, Warner, Beurlein, maybe Grbac or something and Ken Dorsey.

All the nfl qbs just casually launched it 50+ yards right down the middle of the field.

Dorsey crow hopped it thirty yards out of bounds.

Im not a big Farve fan but my favorite moment was him in the long distance contest. He managed to just barely get all 3 throws out of bounds. He got pissed and just started grabbing balls and hucking them 10-15 yards past the eventual winners spot. He stormed off claiming he won.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just the maddest city in the world that didn't even play yesterday

https://twitter.com/matt_breen/status/1620046333733384193?t=tRRvW3whuNQDDp60IW9T7A&s=19

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Who can forget Joey Harrington getting picked off by a cardboard cutout?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Codependent Poster posted:

One of his kids is in my daughter’s class and I think about that every time I see him

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Is it possible that flag football will be more interesting that a game where everyone is scared to hurt themselves?

The answer is no, of course, because knees are still at risk.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

One of the best moments in early SAS/TFF history

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Is it possible that flag football will be more interesting that a game where everyone is scared to hurt themselves?

The answer is no, of course, because knees are still at risk.

Most people don’t remember Robert Edwards in 1998.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shyduck posted:

One of the best moments in early SAS/TFF history

He couldn’t even pick the ball up properly

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Like Joey had already firmly established himself as the comedy option QB at that point in time here, and he really couldn't have put on a better show. 10/10, no notes

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They should make everyone in the Pro Bowl wear knee braces.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1620117177201221635?s=61&t=0pHfktFNbe3IGV7fPpCzvw

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ravens better sign Lamar fast, 'cuz Burrow's gonna be doing a happy dance, and if the Bengals extend him first, oooh boy is that gonna do funny things to the market.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Ravens better sign Lamar fast, 'cuz Burrow's gonna be doing a happy dance, and if the Bengals extend him first, oooh boy is that gonna do funny things to the market.

Really hoping Herbert's deal gets done quickly

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

When you want to clap back but absolutely need to make sure the corporate partners are pleased

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1620121288575442964?t=YyrE6ma9axftcjEvUhODEw&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Literally no one who isn't paid to do so ever says GEHA field, it's worse than most other versions of this thing.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

They should make everyone in the Pro Bowl wear knee braces.

Do knee braces actually have a preventative effect? I know they'd stop a knee from completely going sideways, but it wouldn't have any effect on whether or not a bad foot plant pops your ligament since all the stress is coming from below the knee.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I dunno, but they make you look like a cyborg, which is dope.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
:hai:

Knee braces and helmet visors should be mandatory.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1620120948069261314

Can't wait to see how the Saints wiggle out of this one

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bears have money

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the bengals are about to give contracts to several players, among them Joe Burrow. it’s good that they have good cap space right now.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think they need about 20 million more than they have. but it's going to be ok

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Well he wasn’t faking.

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1620181317978832899?s=46&t=NpZFcN7oSjArLWv0fULw4Q

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

That loving sucks

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

I saw a few "this is the championship game, you gotta tough it out" takes and yeah..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Feels like the league should bring some variation of the 3rd QB rule back