Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nervous posted:

Didn't AB have some helmet he was forced to give up?

Yeah it was on the Raiders Hard Knocks. He had some weird illegal helmet and was told to gently caress off with that. So he painted it really badly to look like Raider colors and immediately got called out on that too :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
AB why couldn't you stick the good kind of crazy like showing up to training camp in a hot air balloon :(

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/tashanreed/status/1621979069419225088?t=VEEYskXiGEXVDlDGI6YNKg&s=19

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Nervous posted:

AB why couldn't you stick the good kind of crazy like showing up to training camp in a hot air balloon :(

Because football is a blood sport that destroys the brains of football players

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

yeah that's how it looks what was that nonsense passing water balloons or w/e they were

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I was watching some brady highlights from his early career this morning. gently caress Joe Burrow has a lot of young Tom Brady in his game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I forgot I was saving this for a Bengals Superbowl so welp I'll just post it now

https://i.imgur.com/LCNLY7P.mp4

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sex

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
That’s almost a Winkie gif

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

bangos

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

:perfect:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

:hmmyes:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers won this game

https://twitter.com/1pantherplace/status/1622095271143301120?s=46&t=l6lnTrg9EK9_SpfsaIoOyw

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I take it Harbaugh was also the special teams coordinator? Incredible

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Dunno if this is even all that spicy a take: If the Chiefs win this Super Bowl, I have to imagine Andy will get more open consideration as one of the greatest coaches ever — but even if they don't, he should be in the discussion.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

Dunno if this is even all that spicy a take: If the Chiefs win this Super Bowl, I have to imagine Andy will get more open consideration as one of the greatest coaches ever — but even if they don't, he should be in the discussion.

yeah he's easily top 10 bordering on top 5 in my book

e: thinking about it a bit more, he's probably more in the 9-12 range right now

Bellichick
Walsh
Lombardi
Shula
Landry
Gibbs
Halas
Brown
Madden
Reid
Parcells
Jimmy Johnson
Noll

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 5, 2023

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

aBagorn posted:

yeah he's easily top 10 bordering on top 5 in my book

e: thinking about it a bit more, he's probably more in the 9-12 range right now

Bellichick
Walsh
Lombardi
Shula
Landry
Gibbs
Halas
Brown
Madden
Reid
Parcells
Jimmy Johnson
Noll

Without bickering about order I think Reid and Walsh are kinda the same profile. Walsh obviously has the Super Bowls so I won't argue that, but I feel like they're the big offensive innovators here.

Lombardi I guess but I don't know enough about football back then to know how much he changed things or just ran things better than other people did. Oh Joe Gibbs, counter trey was a thing. It's interesting how many of these guys I think of as defensive minds though.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Toaster Beef posted:

:yeah:

No doubt about it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if zac taylor has two good seasons in a row he can reach .500

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine the depraved fuckers who bet on the probowl

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

I take it Harbaugh was also the special teams coordinator? Incredible

either that or the DBs coach

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Borsche69 posted:

either that or the DBs coach

He was still special teams in '99. Harbaugh didn't move to DBs until like 2007, when he asked to take a defensive role so as to improve his candidacy for head coaching roles.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you ignore super bowls and just think of AFC or NFC championship games the list gets a bit different. Marv Levy has to be in there because three in a row ain't easy and four in a row is absolutely nuts.

Yes this post is to elevate Reid

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

gently caress AMI MISSING THE PROBLEMbe

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://twitter.com/itme_chantelle/status/1622035219518988291?s=46&t=G7M7ZeAxKTiFCJm-sc5Ybw

Sheesh

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

fartknocker posted:

That’s almost a Winkie gif

Almost?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1622305556147888128?s=20

Weren't we just calli g out Dov for clickbait

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
With all the various off-season write-ups we usually get, like that thorough QB ranking thread from a few years ago, it'd be cool if someone did something similar for NFL head coaches. If nothing else, as someone new to football it'd be a nice excuse to read up on some of the most interesting and perhaps underrated coaches throughout the decades.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

There’s not a second, far more explicit gif that follows it (That I’m aware of)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

a complete dipshit posted:

One week ago, the 49ers were preparing to face the Eagles in the NFC Championship. San Francisco’s opportunity to advance collapsed, primarily due to: (1) a decision to have a backup tight end block a premier pass rusher; and (2) that pass rusher hitting 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy in the arm and injuring his elbow.

But for that moment, the 49ers may have won the game. San Francisco receiver Brandon Aiyuk wholeheartedly believes that.

“We have a talented football team,” Aiyuk recently told The SFNiners, via NBCSportsBayArea.com. “We have, hands down, the best football team in the league. Hands down. . . . I’m not going even going to argue with anyone who thinks they should argue that.”

Aiyuk also believes that the Philadelphia defense is going to be exposed in seven days by a very potent Kansas City offense.

“I don’t know fully about that defense,” Aiyuk said, via Grant Cohn of SI.com. “They talk about them being a good defense — I’m not sure. I think this Kansas City pass game will expose what we thought we were going to expose before some unfortunate circumstances. They got extremely lucky.”

They say it’s better to be lucky than good. I say lucky doesn’t last, good does.

We’ll find out in a week whether the Eagles are lucky, good, or a little bit of both. If we’re all lucky, it should be a good Super Bowl.

Far better than the game between the 49ers and Eagles, in part because San Francisco dressed only two quarterbacks — and did a less-than-good job of protecting their starter.

Aiyuk, Julian Love, Jerruh. Everyone is dying to say how much the Eagles suck

Last time I saw a SB participant get disrespected like this was when the 2017 Saints started whining they definitely would have beaten the Eagles that year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bye Lamar

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit not gdt

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the team they beat did lose their starting QB which is a big deal

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Aiyuk, Julian Love, Jerruh. Everyone is dying to say how much the Eagles suck

Last time I saw a SB participant get disrespected like this was when the 2017 Saints started whining they definitely would have beaten the Eagles that year

I can’t believe a football player said his team was better than another team. What the gently caress?!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

https://theathletic.com/4151693/2023/02/03/chargers-2023-offseason-salary-cap-draft-free-agency/

Big dump of Chargers off-season content. Main thing I found surprising was his suggestion that Keenan Allen could be a cap casualty. Dunno if they would really do it but that would sure shake up the otherwise very boring WR free agent situation.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the team they beat did lose their starting QB which is a big deal

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good

I mean ... it's not like Brock tripped and fell and hosed up his elbow. The DL got to him and directly caused his injury. Not that they knocked him out of the game on purpose — and even if they were trying to injure him, QBs take hits like that pretty frequently and most of them don't immediately shred their UCL, so there's still some element of 'luck' involved — but Brock doesn't leave that game if the Eagles don't force him out of it by virtue of their pass rush being straight-up heinous.

Edit: Like if you want to say it's sheer dumb luck that the 49ers lost both of their QBs on plays that happen pretty often and don't result in injury, I suppose that's fair and I'm not up in arms about it or anything, but I feel like a lot of the discourse around that NFCCG has come down to "well if the 49ers just had their QB they'd have been fine" when the whole reason they didn't have their QB was the Eagles ran the gently caress over their OL because they're a very good team.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 5, 2023

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean yes injuries aren’t mostly up to luck. In the end it doesn’t really matter, it’s a best of one, the best team isn’t going to be the one that wins the super bowl. You take it either way

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

"Could possibly be"

That's some big hedging

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Load bearing possibly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I can’t believe a football player said his team was better than another team. What the gently caress?!

Everyone didnt come out of the woodwork to say how last years Bengals were actually bad