Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The pro bowl has been turned into the NFL's version of field day and I look forward to this dumbness.

More dodgeball!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

More dodgeball!

Just watch the AFC South offenses.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1620201865328869376?s=46&t=nbzv4CcpDRVvVA0eY0Oyxw

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1620113660134711322?t=_-vtszw5eIgGp5D3jVyRgA&s=19

Just a little sneak peek of the commercials you're gonna see on Super Bowl Sunday!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I have been seeing those billboards and commercials everywhere and I thought they had a more liberal bent to try and separate the church from the Republican Party. I guess not.

For Purdy at least QBs don't put nearly the amount of torque on their arm as pitchers do, hopefully he is back by next year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1620113660134711322?t=_-vtszw5eIgGp5D3jVyRgA&s=19

Just a little sneak peek of the commercials you're gonna see on Super Bowl Sunday!

Do they watch the ads they're paying for? Really don't fit the whole republican Jesus thing

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JoeyMulinaro/status/1620152709973430273?t=lSdxCEMJLB_KbUHyuq5gkg&s=19

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1620120948069261314

Can't wait to see how the Saints wiggle out of this one

Cut Michael Thomas, cut Jameis Winston, restructure a couple of players and we're done, it's time for lunch.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

seiferguy posted:

I don't think Jesus' brand is the one that needs repairing.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Who owns Jesus' brand?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Grip it and rip it posted:

Who owns Jesus' brand?
Unilever

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grip it and rip it posted:

Who owns Jesus' brand?

Man, the original Da Vinci Code was pretty bad but this remake seems even worse.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

shyduck posted:

Unilever

I snorted pretty good at this one.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

shyduck posted:

Unilever
My chemist friend used to work at Unilever and joked their job was to "make sure your soap doesn't kill you."
Long story short, they worked in corporate chemistry for a decade before having a mental breakdown after a lab accident because apparently most of their colleagues treated safety guidelines as a suggestion and they felt their superiors routinely demanded they do things that were either impossible to do safely and/or as fast as they wanted them done.

They never want to do chemistry again.

Also those Jesus ads are hilarious because they're made by people who hate immigrants and criminals.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Also those Jesus ads are hilarious because they're made by people who hate immigrants and criminals.

They hate immigrants and criminals, but not as much as they love the cash that asses in seats provides.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ok, so what the hell is Hurts injury. Yeah his throwing shoulder got it, but its been about 7 weeks and it doesn't seem to have gotten much better. He gonna be able to shoot the arm up and throw more than 20 times if he has to?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Those Jesus ads feel like the most lazy, blatant kind of pandering to what an idiot's idea of a young progressive person would want, so I'm extremely unsurprised to find out that's exactly what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eg_yrpjmlY

Like, the puzzle really does fully slide into place when you watch the ad knowing who paid for it.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ok, so what the hell is Hurts injury. Yeah his throwing shoulder got it, but its been about 7 weeks and it doesn't seem to have gotten much better. He gonna be able to shoot the arm up and throw more than 20 times if he has to?

Gonna randomly guess labrum or one of the rotator cuffs strained. It is weird that there is no information coming out on this at all except he's not 100% whatever the gently caress that means

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Asproigerosis posted:

Gonna randomly guess labrum or one of the rotator cuffs strained. It is weird that there is no information coming out on this at all except he's not 100% whatever the gently caress that means

Obviously I'm throwing poo poo out there but this feels like one of those situations where on Monday after the Super Bowl we'll get a Schefter tweet like "surgery for X is scheduled for later in the week" things where we're gonna go "wow, he played through that?"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MJeff posted:

Those Jesus ads feel like the most lazy, blatant kind of pandering to what an idiot's idea of a young progressive person would want, so I'm extremely unsurprised to find out that's exactly what it is.

Like, the puzzle really does fully slide into place when you watch the ad knowing who paid for it.

Teach these guys about liberation theology and watch their heads explode.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Obviously I'm throwing poo poo out there but this feels like one of those situations where on Monday after the Super Bowl we'll get a Schefter tweet like "surgery for X is scheduled for later in the week" things where we're gonna go "wow, he played through that?"

I'm still not ruling this out happening for both QBs.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

MJeff posted:

Convert people to the kind of Christianity they loathe and hope the converts see the bigoted light later? Their goal feels weird

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
IIRC, shoulder injuries are notoriously slow to heal because a) they don't get much blood flow and b) they're very easy to aggravate. I think there's a reason Jalen looked as good as he did in the Giants game after two weeks of rest, and hopefully the two weeks he's getting before the Super Bowl are similarly helpful. Then he's got the offseason to rehab (and maybe get some surgery, which, yeah, I agree is a possibility for us to hear about right after the season is done).

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

Just the maddest city in the world that didn't even play yesterday

https://twitter.com/matt_breen/status/1620046333733384193?t=tRRvW3whuNQDDp60IW9T7A&s=19

As an Eagles fan in New York, this is delicious.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Raiders are really really smart

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/30/report-raiders-havent-given-derek-carr-permission-to-seek-trade/

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Wat

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1620422293896962052?s=46&t=8C1yovzOg9SAaDn3vq5ZuQ

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm going to my second Pro Bowl this year because it's local. If they keep it here it a while instead of Hawaii or whatever it might become a minor tradition.

Last year they had girls' youth football championships before the Pro Bowl and those games should have been aired instead of the Pro Bowl, they ruled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLcHdJAf80

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:rubby:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

2 TD passes = Pro Bowler.

The players want absolutely nothing to do with this.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I feel like you'd get a lot more buy in from players if you hosted a big eSports tournament with madden and CoD etc

Pretty non-zero chance it turns into a huge brawl tho judging by how competitive players get

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Do they watch the ads they're paying for? Really don't fit the whole republican Jesus thing

The video is a standard cult tactic. The percentage of young people who give a gently caress about the Christianity farce goes down more and more every year so they have to try to make it seem like a "not all Christians" thing to lure people in to indoctrinate them. Stuff like this ad campaign and the massive push to try to delegitimize elections in non-Republican areas is because they're in a world of hurt 6-8 years from now and they know it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

how many qbs said no?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

how many qbs said no?

All of 'em

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

The video is a standard cult tactic. The percentage of young people who give a gently caress about the Christianity farce goes down more and more every year so they have to try to make it seem like a "not all Christians" thing to lure people in to indoctrinate them. Stuff like this ad campaign and the massive push to try to delegitimize elections in non-Republican areas is because they're in a world of hurt 6-8 years from now and they know it.

The reason they're in the position they're in is because it would even occur to them to spend a billion dollars on ads and not soup kitchens, as someone in another thread pointed out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Intruder posted:

how many qbs said no?

e: see below post.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 31, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the afc struggled for good qb play this year outside of burrow, allen, and mahomes. lamar was ahead of him, too, but is also hurt. players vote on alternates, and he's alternate for allen. mahomes is replaced by lawrence, and as far as i know burrow hasn't yet announced whether he's playing or not.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean they were injured, but I dunno how you can say that Herbert, Lamar, Lawrence or even Tua didn't provide good QB play.

But as far as the pro bowl goes, I mean it's like dodgeball and poo poo so yeah send Huntley, but there's no reason for him to go as a QB over I dunno, Derek Carr or any of a half dozen other dudes who actually played a whole half a season.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Jacoby Brissett deserves that spot way more than Huntley, and Jacoby doesn't really deserve it!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean nobody wants to watch Carr or Jacoby play dodge ball, so I get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tua should never be on a football field again. Herbert struggled against any good defense and mostly beat up bad teams. Lawrence is already in the pro bowl replacing Mahomes but still had a lot of rough patches.

Lamar struggled with injuries a lot and the Ravens offense as a whole was a big step back from prior years.

Also, this is the players' vote - so it's who they think is the best, and, well, he's the alternate for Allen as voted on by the players. Huntley impressed the locker rooms.