Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

We are working on it. There were setbacks recently with the child tax credit, but the fed and congress have been committed to fixing those mistakes and with hard work while I do think truly universal childhood poverty is out of reach in the near future we can get it well over 50%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

By 2024 we will reduce at least 50% of children to poverty, god willing

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

NeatHeteroDude posted:

when I heard about the tax credit initially i was super stoked. i assume it's gone away

They declined to extend the increase, yes. Thank god. Can you imagine how much harder it would be to impoverish eligible children with a means tested tax credit nearly doubled. Lmao.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a president, I impoverished children - Joe Biden probably

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

That's what I love about these children, man. I get older, they stay impoverished