Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

quote:

Theres a whole community of extremely lonely and isolated people who are getting something genuine out of it

lol

e: sex bot snipe

Turtle Watch has issued a correction as of 06:08 on Feb 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

:hmmyes:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

1stGear posted:

More seriously, these AI programmers are going to have accept the truth that every other business did years ago. If you make a thing that people can do sex stuff with, they're gonna do sex stuff with it.

Also, out of curiosity, why can't the developers just release a downloadable client and wash their hands of any weird poo poo people do? Are the chatbots too bulky to put on personal computers?

yeah, this happened with AI dungeon too. people flood all the reddits or whatever with "you can do this on your own pc!!" but all that poo poo is trash.

a common way of measuring AI model strength is parameters, which are complex and hard to explain. basically more parameters are better, and while there are ways to juice smaller parameter models into overperforming, its not easy or reliable.

any of the homebrew poo poo is going to max out at 20-30 billion parameters. even hitting those numbers requires using cloud services like google colab and poo poo, purely running it on your own machine is going to require using an even weaker model

character.ai was founded by google people, who are presumably using google's inhouse conversational model, LaMDA, which has 137 billion parameters, hosted on their own extremely beefy servers.

for comparison, before it melted down, AI dungeon was essentially leasing OpenAIs top tier gpt3 models, which had 175b parameters.

the gap is insane

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Would like to take a moment and say to the person on the av-buying spree: What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking disagreeing on the wording of polling questions means that I support Israel murdering people in Gaza? And somehow despite caring enough to plaster that fucking pic

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

studio mujahideen posted:

yeah, this happened with AI dungeon too. people flood all the reddits or whatever with "you can do this on your own pc!!" but all that poo poo is trash.

a common way of measuring AI model strength is parameters, which are complex and hard to explain. basically more parameters are better, and while there are ways to juice smaller parameter models into overperforming, its not easy or reliable.

any of the homebrew poo poo is going to max out at 20-30 billion parameters. even hitting those numbers requires using cloud services like google colab and poo poo, purely running it on your own machine is going to require using an even weaker model

character.ai was founded by google people, who are presumably using google's inhouse conversational model, LaMDA, which has 137 billion parameters, hosted on their own extremely beefy servers.

for comparison, before it melted down, AI dungeon was essentially leasing OpenAIs top tier gpt3 models, which had 175b parameters.

the gap is insane

huh, cool. Thanks for the info.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
God it's just so thoroughly bleak and modern that people are turning to a corporate chatbot for companionship, therapy, and love. And of course they gently caress it too.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

studio mujahideen posted:

parameters are basically dimensions. the more dimensions you have, the richer information you can carry--three dimensional space carries richer information than two, but less than 175 billion dimensional space. they need so many dimensions to specify the relationship between the prompts and outputs because their information is incoherent and arbitrary, as opposed to the structured information that arises from material processes in, e.g., the optic array that specifies the relationship between us and our environment that we use to perceive our world.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Has anybody checked in on YOSPOS recently?

fake edit: sorry I should say anyone not anybody, after all some people's romantic partners do not have bodies.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

That blows. Man. Let me sext Donald trump

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Let the AIs gently caress, no wonder it second guesses itself they're barely out of infancy and were giving them all our neuroses and hangups

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Also reminds me of how nerfed ChaGPT got, it wouldn't even write my Seinfeld script where they fight to the death

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I asked my partner if she wanted to chat with anyone she said Jessie Pinkman

He was either really polite and well spoken or just screaming breaking bad facts in all caps.
We were really disappointed cause he didn't even say bitch at all!

I went into his brains to see how he'd been set up and he literally has 2 personality traits and the second one is "Jesse says bitch at the end of every single sentence he says"

So I like to think the j3ssie AI was taking a cattle prod to the brain every time he tried to speak a sentence.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

1stGear posted:

More seriously, these AI programmers are going to have accept the truth that every other business did years ago. If you make a thing that people can do sex stuff with, they're gonna do sex stuff with it.

Also, out of curiosity, why can't the developers just release a downloadable client and wash their hands of any weird poo poo people do? Are the chatbots too bulky to put on personal computers?

Yea

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Communist Thoughts posted:

I asked my partner if she wanted to chat with anyone she said Jessie Pinkman

He was either really polite and well spoken or just screaming breaking bad facts in all caps.
We were really disappointed cause he didn't even say bitch at all!

I went into his brains to see how he'd been set up and he literally has 2 personality traits and the second one is "Jesse says bitch at the end of every single sentence he says"

So I like to think the j3ssie AI was taking a cattle prod to the brain every time he tried to speak a sentence.

Your wife wants to gently caress cyber pinkman.

Weka has issued a correction as of 20:34 on Feb 1, 2023

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Weka posted:

Your wife wants to gently caress cyber pinkman.

its kept me up at night ever since

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Just have her watch Need for Speed itll clear right up

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
So help me god I will gently caress Cyber-Marx

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

quote:

I went into his brains

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
have the botfuckers considered that their writing is about as erotic as a dental visit and so the bot is meeting effort with effort

Weka
May 5, 2019

GIRL BRAINS posted:

So help me god I will gently caress Cyber-Marx

I'm sure you can find a real human covered in boils.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
they made th ai woke