Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

At sam's club they don't recycle boxes for customer's to put their purchases in, they just throw everything in a 55 gallons trash bag

Doesn't even have the store logo on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Gas thread ban op and re locate to Costco Megathread

Chinatown is still probated. Anyone posting in the Costco thread is a scab.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Chinatown is still probated. Anyone posting in the Costco thread is a scab.

aint wrong

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Smugworth posted:

At sam's club they don't recycle boxes for customer's to put their purchases in, they just throw everything in a 55 gallons trash bag

Doesn't even have the store logo on it

Costco boxes are loving great I LOVE having them. They work great in the weed biz for various tasks and I keep the recycling up hy unloading my Costco poo poo then throwing them in the box pile which gets used. Those boxes are theb used by others who we deliver to or whatever.

LIYERALLY 4-10X BOX USAGE

Sams club may be saving the consumer but they are killing the women that matter.

Mother earth.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i'd line one with a plastic bag and empty my cats poo poo and clumped piss in i guess.. then i could just toss it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sam's crap

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You return something every time you go? That would certainly throw up some red flags.

I've returned 2 things in the maybe 5+ years I've had a membership.

yeah my wife is the queen of returns, we joke that we spend $900 and return $100 every visit - it hasn't been a problem for years and it gets us to try stuff we're on the fence about, sometimes it's a pleasant surprise!

she also orders and returns tons of stuff from amazon on a weekly basis, like 30 packages in, 25 returned because she gets clothes from amazon

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

gently caress that poo poo, we're subsidizing her madness.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I am sorry but there is something wrong with your wife

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Mad Wack posted:

yeah my wife is the queen of returns, we joke that we spend $900 and return $100 every visit - it hasn't been a problem for years and it gets us to try stuff we're on the fence about, sometimes it's a pleasant surprise!

she also orders and returns tons of stuff from amazon on a weekly basis, like 30 packages in, 25 returned because she gets clothes from amazon

is your wife's name karen

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

nah she kicks rear end, and i think it is good that she is able to get the most out of company return policies

i'm not losing any sleep over if jeff bezos pays us back for trying stuff out or bob costco

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

since we talk to the costco return people monthly anyway and know all of them we have heard of some truly hosed up returns

my favorites were these two:

1. a used snow plow - the person bought it in fall, used it all winter, and returned it in the spring to costco for a full refund

2. a used seven year old mattress purchased at costco, returned for full refund

we just return poo poo like "hey we didn't like this" or "it molded before the best by date"

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Mad Wack posted:

Username post combo

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm fine with loving over corporate entities I guess. And if the items are still sellable, that's better. But if it's food you just don't like, that's hosed up. Just creating extra waste. I'm reserving judgment until I know what type of stuff you return.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I'd return the entire Sam's club chain if I could return it to HELL

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The Walton family plugs themselves on NPR and they want to create a more just and equitable tomorrow....for slaves.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
No idea why because it's clearly costing way more then how Costco does it via shipping in boxes of california rolls, but Sam's literally makes their sushi rolls in house every day, and one of them near me has an actual sushi prep island in the store where you can watch it being made. It's not like variety is crazy but they at least have more then 1 option.

Costco sushi is also poo poo quality and worse then literally every grocery store sushi you can get.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mad Wack posted:

That is a massive waste. Many resources are used to get a package to your door.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

is your wife's name karen

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mad Wack posted:

Are we married to the same woman?

Edit:

This is entirely correct but I don’t want to go down the dark road of couch posting

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 6, 2023

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

oh poo poo I read that as 25 returns a month, not WEEK. so this woman is ordering 4+ clothing items per day on average knowing that she's going to return all but 5 per week. that's some crazy poo poo

I can't even imagine buying 5 new items of clothing each week on the regular

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Dick Fontaine posted:

Are we married to the same woman?

it's more common behavior then posters in this thread seem to think! she has a whole horde of friends who do the same thing

i agree it's wasteful but well you convince her i'm not doing it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Shitazon

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mad Wack posted:

i agree it's wasteful but well you convince her i'm not doing it

Ok, but only if you keep your mouth shut about our shameful posting in the sams club thread

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

infraboy posted:

My dad used to buy the fanciest DSLR camera from Costco, use it for a bunch of pictures, and return it within the window so in a way he always had a top of the line model, usually Nikon/Canon.

Your father is a cur and a scoundrel.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Dick Fontaine posted:

Ok, but only if you keep your mouth shut about our shameful posting in the sams club thread

... ok deal

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:gas:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
:gas:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

:fart:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chinatown posted:

:gas: Sam's club stores as a whole

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Sam's Club started doing samples?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

SirPablo posted:

Sam's Club started doing samples?

They give you a bucket of nachos to roam around the store with

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
sam's club does do samples but it's usually like the associate is instructed to tear open an economy sized bag of Zombie Takies and spread them on the floor for the guests

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mods shop at sams club

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

I tried to go in Sam's at 9:30 one morning and their 80 year old lady at the front kicked me out for not being a Sam's Plus member. I guess basic scrubs like me have to wait until 10.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

lol at getting bullied by an 80 y/o sams club worker

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mods going on a ban meltdown and ignoring the will of the people to gas this terrible thread

sensing a pattern here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

stay frosty. modmins are doing a long knives type night