Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

Growing up I only had access to a Sam's, but then as an adult I was given the grace of Costco. PBUC

Sam's choice products are universally inferior to our Lord and Savior the Kirkland signature brand

By and large yes, but the exceptions are shocking. Sam's Club brand paper towels are luxury compared to the Kirkland ones.

Sushi is also wildly better, but Costco sushi is so terrible that's not really a compliment.

Also, no decaf instant coffee at Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Honestly, most those premade dips from either Costco or Sams are usually garbage, like shockingly worse then anything you could make yourself with half-assing the effort.

There's a buffalo chicken dip that has bits of chicken that even Taco Bell would consider too low quality, and the artichoke dip is almost inedible.

Bitchin Sauce is the only one worth getting.

Speaking of total fails, the lobster/crab bisque from both places is also just plain bad. Like it's just the industry standard for a premade soup bisque.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Costco Buisness Centers sell the polish dogs as a 15 pack.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
No idea why because it's clearly costing way more then how Costco does it via shipping in boxes of california rolls, but Sam's literally makes their sushi rolls in house every day, and one of them near me has an actual sushi prep island in the store where you can watch it being made. It's not like variety is crazy but they at least have more then 1 option.

Costco sushi is also poo poo quality and worse then literally every grocery store sushi you can get.