Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i can wait. i just want there to actually be a pc version eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yeah I'm just happy we're getting a pc port honestly

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Could someone tell me what Armored Core is and if I, a dark souls superfan, should get excited about the new one?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Could someone tell me what Armored Core is and if I, a dark souls superfan, should get excited about the new one?

Oh definitely

Trust me

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Mission-based mech game focused around your loadout, classically. They’ve already said the new one is keeping the mission format but idk what else they’re keeping or changing

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Tried Hi Fi Rush on Gamepass, it's super cool, i love the rhythm based combat system and the art style is gorgeous

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My understanding is that it's twisted metal but you hold the controller like a gremlin

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

External Organs posted:

My understanding is that it's twisted metal but you hold the controller like a gremlin

The developers of Steel Battalion solved the gremlin holding controller problem by creating the Mega-Jockey-9000.

Mech sims have and will never reach such heights again.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

February. The so-so month where the so-so thread title lasted all 28 days

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

OhFunny posted:

The developers of Steel Battalion solved the gremlin holding controller problem by creating the Mega-Jockey-9000.

Mech sims have and will never reach such heights again.

The Bush years were really a wild time.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Played a little past Act 1 and I think I'm gonna cut my losses with Cyberpunk. I can deal with "mature" games, but this one is outright oppressive in how edgelordy and joyless the whole experience feels. I don't look forward to spending ~40 hours in this place, ya know?

lol I did just play through Stray, so maybe it's simply too much tonal whiplash coming from a similar setting? I'm just trying to have a good time here.

btw am I only supposed to discuss February games here? sorry :ohdear:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you can talk about whatever the heck you want!!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Minidust posted:

Played a little past Act 1 and I think I'm gonna cut my losses with Cyberpunk. I can deal with "mature" games, but this one is outright oppressive in how edgelordy and joyless the whole experience feels. I don't look forward to spending ~40 hours in this place, ya know?

lol I did just play through Stray, so maybe it's simply too much tonal whiplash coming from a similar setting? I'm just trying to have a good time here.

yes, only games taking place during or released in February are allowed

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Rename this thread elementary valentine simulator. Why didnt we decorate our valentine boxes this year :mad:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

External Organs posted:

Rename this thread elementary valentine simulator. Why didnt we decorate our valentine boxes this year :mad:

sorry...the rest of us did....you were absent that day

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Minidust posted:

Be the derail you want to see in the world

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Saint Freak posted:

I can't wait to get back to AC meaning Armored Core, like God intended.

Inshallah.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The game I'm playing has made up month names but that are analogous to our human earth months, and I wil post about it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

GOTM is Hi-Fi Rush. It might be the only game I finished but still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTrToPoIQeE
Listening to this again makes me want to "Rhythm Master Mode", maybe I will also play this in March

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

The demos we've seen show they are over ambitious in terms of scope. "Procedural multi-planet game" should have had everyone running for the hills.

Yeah Starfield sounds pretty bad I agree

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

Yeah Starfield sounds pretty bad I agree

Man this is like a double dunk insult on Star Citizen

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

no man's sky turned out pretty alright eventually

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
NMS is good for what it is, but adding resource mining loops to Bethesda engine doesn't like a recipe for fun. Loading in and out of a terrain height map to go click rocks for a bit doesn't sound cool

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Khanstant posted:

NMS is good for what it is, but adding resource mining loops to Bethesda engine doesn't like a recipe for fun. Loading in and out of a terrain height map to go click rocks for a bit doesn't sound cool

Depends on how pretty the rocks are

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man I want to get the new Destiny expansion but between the bullshit treadmill, cost, and content vaulting I just can't be bothered. I really want to blast through from 1 to the end of 2 once the next one comes out too but there's no way to get to 1 again unless I dig a 360 out from somewhere and the first half of Destiny 2's life is just gone now.

It sucks!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i had really high hopes for Destiny, 1 and 2 but they way its evolved is just kinda sad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It sucks that Destiny 2 hasn't added any new enemies, and story campaigns have been removed. The game has stayed stagnant for years now. The expansions are really just adding new FOMO cosmetics, and an hour or two of new story. Some of which casual players wont see because its in raids.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What would be a good AC (Armored C) to check out first?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

What would be a good AC (Armored C) to check out first?

Armored Cores 1, 2, 3, or 4, depending on how old you want. 1, 2, and 3 are all the old d-pad and shoulder button control scheme, 4 is dual stick. 2 and 3 play pretty similarly as well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well poo poo, there goes any semblance of a productive 2023.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Anyone else trying Street Fighter Duel? It’s a very gacha, gacha game, but seems fun enough.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Anyone else trying Street Fighter Duel? It’s a very gacha, gacha game, but seems fun enough.
oh so thats what the ryu on my phone was

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Love the tautology of the phrase 'Street Fighter Duel'

Like yeah

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

It's March

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Warch again so soon

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I will throw up a warning, that there are a lot of things to spend money on in this game, so beware if you are susceptible to gacha machinations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like gacha game ads

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3YzmjmAGoI

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Love the tautology of the phrase 'Street Fighter Duel'

Like yeah

hey what if there were three people street fighting in the street? then it would be a trial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what if everybody was kung fu fighting