Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Splatun3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kingdom Hearts

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

robotic lack of art

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

I said come in! posted:

For the PC version of the Atelier Dusk trilogy, are there any mods or ways to stop the time limit for the first two games? I know the 3rd one removes that.

I looked it up and didn't find anything. The clock is mechanically necessary for event progression in Ayesha and the method by which the story is structured in Escha & Logy, so I imagine it'd be rather difficult to program around it. Don't get me wrong, it would be cool to have.

If you're worried about the timers, they're really not as bad as they might seem up front. Even if you're not the kind of person who likes optimizing mechanics and snapping them over your knee, you should be fine. I can give some specific advice that isn't just "don't get stressed", at least:

Ayesha's 3 years is more than enough time to prepare, but if you feel like you're getting stuck with the main story just look up a guide- sometimes it can be obscure, so I've heard. The best tip is to prioritize making the traveling shoes and their later upgrade as they drastically reduce travel costs. You shouldn't really need to find yourself grinding anything and you can feel free to go about exploring areas off the beaten path and completing requests for cash as they show up. You'll probably want to beat the final boss with some months to spare to see some of the postgame content,

For E&L, you really don't have to worry about completing every task in the month allotted, you'll get given a massive amount of time later to finish up anything you didn't get a chance to. Don't do what I did and break yourself trying to 100% each set of tasks in the months they're assigned- do what you can and clean the rest up later. Some months are really lenient regardless and it's frequently not too hard to clear the only required tasks early on in the period.

While I do sometimes wish you could optionally continue without a timer in their postgames, I find I actually quite like their timers these days. It's both a bit of a challenge, as well as a means of giving a proper closure to the game's story like most other JRPGs that just end with a credits sequence. I suppose that's the thing, they're only JRPGs, not sandboxes.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Theatrhythm update: it works with headphones. I hope they patch the audio calibration settings tho cuz there is no nearly enough adjustment available for my audio setup. I would much rather play the game on my big speakers instead of headphones

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

more like "Atomic Doo Doo Out Of A Toilet" :smug:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pwnstar posted:

I lost a lot of hype for Atomic Hearts when I watched my first gameplay vid and John Hearts was saying stuff like "how do you like that, tinhead?" as he shot a robot 200 times.

Sounds cool 2 me

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

wuggles posted:

more like "Atomic Doo Doo Out Of A Toilet" :smug:

hey now, your posts aren't that bad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i finished balan wonderworld yesterday. it is by no means a good game but i do think the hate was overblown and probably levied most by people who haven't actually played it. i like how the main way the game handles difficulty later on is by handing you worse abilities but you can still bring in the good ones from earlier worlds, such as the yeti who lets you make platforms wherever you want with a description that tries to prevent you from realizing this

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

I knew Balan Wonderworld was gonna be a wash the moment it didn't have NiGHTs gameplay, which makes me a visionary compared to people who bought it and then realized it wasn't good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i also enjoyed the endgame reveal that both balan and lance, the villain, are secretly twinks when they remove their hats

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to Yu

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Narukami or Yevon

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

arsenicCatnip posted:

I knew Balan Wonderworld was gonna be a wash the moment it didn't have NiGHTs gameplay, which makes me a visionary compared to people who bought it and then realized it wasn't good

there's plenty of merit to a costume based platformer where each one grants you a single specific ability. just, don't make some of those abilities activate "when they feel like it" lol. and maybe don't lock the camera to one axis of movement at a time or design it to be allergic to looking at the ground in a platformer

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i really don't understand the "when they feel like it" costumes. the game already resolved to give you costumes that can't jump, so just, do that again and have the player's single input activate the previously arbitrary ability. it's not like any of them would be busted if you could use them at will

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sounds like a bad game!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
calling in a fuel air bomb mercenaries 1 style on this last goddamn hidden turtle

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

haha what posted:

i think i played 5 games total in 2022

im up to 3 so far this year, in a month

gaming resolution off to a great start

loving same!!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

weird that neither Atomic Heart or Wild Hearts are releasing on Valentines day

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

weird that neither Atomic Heart or Wild Hearts are releasing on Valentines day

Close enough! Still looking forward to playing both games.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Only Wanted: Dead is brave enough to put itself out there.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Sounds like a bad game!

it has good art direction...! :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've run into a complete brick wall in the Last Remnant. It's the Zuido boss fight, a pretty simple one against a guy who's moves are basic but with high damage. Which would be completely manageable except the game isn't giving me a single option to heal. How the gently caress am I meant to win a battle if you won't let me restore my HP? I have plenty of herbs for my item arts and plenty of characters with healing magic but the game just doesn't give me the option to use any of that poo poo. This is really loving annoying

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Sons of The Forest comes out on Feb 23 and I can't fuckin wait

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

verbal enema posted:

calling in a fuel air bomb mercenaries 1 style on this last goddamn hidden turtle

Every time I see mention of the "fuel air bomb" I remember that in the game Command and Conquer Generals that the Americans got the most "heroic" superweapon because instead of using chemical weapons like the GLA or nuclear bombs or firebombing like China, the Americans had the Fuel Air Bomb which just made a really big explosion.

Also orbital lasers in the expansion I think

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

Sons of The Forest comes out on Feb 23 and I can't fuckin wait

kelvin might be one of the greatest additions anyone could've made to firmly communicate to the audience the level of B-horror the game's aiming for, it's fantastic

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

bone emulator posted:

Nier:Automata

I decided to play Space Hulk.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1620879582038732800?t=GleUzJxmKFde9KIcPmEv9g&s=19

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

more than likely would have been fail

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Is apex doing that poorly?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Apex and Titanfall are in the same universe???

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Yeah

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I didn't expect the Last of Us to be a good TV show, but three episodes in and its probably going to end up being my favorite TV show of 2023. This is the best content HBO has done since the first few seasons of Game of Thrones.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
We just watched the first episode and fridgelina is hooked

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

its kind of like how the first skylanders was subtitled "spyros adventure" so they could say, no look we're making a spyro game. apex has just enough titanfall references that they can say "no look this is basically titanfall 3", even though it doesnt play anything like it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's Febuawy... It's that time of the year... time to hit up the latest hottest "gamer valentine" google image search results.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Buschmaki posted:

The rival mercenary team in Titanfall 2 were called the Apex Predators and their leader is the founder of the Apex Games. Then one of the mercs from 2 and the daughter of another were added as characters in Apex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011