Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TeaJay posted:

I've been occasionally watching

https://twitch.tv/alwaysbreaktime

Which is an AI generated slice of life high school anime. It's very Nothing Forever in terms of talking about very ordinary events but it's surprisingly lively with multiple locations (such as walking through the school corridors with NPC's bumping into the actors).

There was a bit earlier though when the crew were coming up with nicknames and the guy named himself "The Extreme Gamer" and then wanted to get some Doritos which made me think did the creator insert this as a product placement or is it just proof of the AI recognizing patterns. (He's also quite obsessed into being a legendary warrior in disguise and defeating evil forces for some reason)

It also has some fun little things you can do with channel points, like making the character's heads bigger or smaller for a scene, or doing a "scare" (where a school bell or whistle sounds out and all the characters stop for a second). Nothing major, but I always find real time interaction with these things interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitch.tv/podcastsforever - Podcasts Forever, the AI generated "Poe Regan" show (obviously a parody of Joe Rogan). It lets you generate your own prompts with !script. Kind of basic at the moment, but it shows promise

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've watched a bit of NF right now and like half the scenes are "Hey have you heard about the guy who invented Lifesavers? He made a mint!" "That was terrible."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
meanwhile over in unlimitedsteam Skinner has got the Spectre of Buddha haunting his kitchen.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Praise Artemis!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
the TV Guide generated a show called something like "Semen on Sunday", and somebody restarted Unity. lol.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Sometimes I wonder if Unlimited Ham being so formulaic and on rails is to its benefit when it comes to avoiding subjects that'd get it banned. The worst I heard come out from it was some hard cursing and an episode about calves' hooves that took a weird turn when the AI decided suddenly those calves were alive. Even so I keep wondering if the AI will ever dig too deep picking an excuse for the fire and reference a real sketchy conspiracy.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

MiracleFlare posted:

Sometimes I wonder if Unlimited Ham being so formulaic and on rails is to its benefit when it comes to avoiding subjects that'd get it banned. The worst I heard come out from it was some hard cursing and an episode about calves' hooves that took a weird turn when the AI decided suddenly those calves were alive. Even so I keep wondering if the AI will ever dig too deep picking an excuse for the fire and reference a real sketchy conspiracy.

well at work today i heard Skinner serving up some native Australians as a replacement dish. he claimed he was honoring their culture by eating them. lmao

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I think he'd have to say there are war crimes going on in that kitchen and go into detail.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mega64 posted:

I've watched a bit of NF right now and like half the scenes are "Hey have you heard about the guy who invented Lifesavers? He made a mint!" "That was terrible."

I turned it on just now and heard that joke within 5 seconds.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

MiracleFlare posted:

the thing is that he denies there is even a fire

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Mega64 posted:

Guessing they turned the volatility/temperature/whatever down to prevent another incident where the AI goes off the rails

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm starting to think that ai SpongeBob talking about sex and tax fraud constantly was by design

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

I'm starting to think that ai SpongeBob talking about sex and tax fraud constantly was by design

At first it felt like the script was basically sponge bob but he's sexually confused and let GPT go wild.

I have a weird fascination in trying to figure out what prompt is producing weird results. These are clearly intentional and that breaks some of the fun. Like "Sponge Bob is excitable and impulsive, he doesn't break the law but will hatch plans that push it before realizing he does and back peddling" would be far more interesting and likely get you the weird sex stuff every so often.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 11, 2023

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

the thing is that he denies there is even a fire

Yeah I get that, but I mean I wonder if his denial will lead him blaming it on something more contentious than Bigfoot or thundersnow. Today I heard the AI say there were lizard people in the kitchen so there's a nonzero chance we'll hear about chemtrails and jet fuel, if it hasn't already happened

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 12, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MiracleFlare posted:

Yeah I get that, but I mean I wonder if his denial will lead him blaming it on something more contentious than Bigfoot or thundersnow. Today I heard the AI say there were lizard people in the kitchen so there's a nonzero chance we'll hear about chemtrails and jet fuel, if it hasn't already happened

think more WW2 war crimes, that's what I'm thinking will kill it denying that. I hope they are previewing the output and approving it well before it's sent to get turned into Audio. That's the longest part of their process.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Has anyone done a Bob Ross/Joy of Painting AI yet? Seems like it would be in the same vein of the weather channel but with lots of source material to draw from.

Edit: thanks, pixaal!

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 15, 2023

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
It would probably be pretty tricky to make interesting.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Automatic Slim posted:

Has anyone done a Bob Ross/Joy of Painting AI yet? Seems like it would be in the same vein of the weather channel but with lots of source material to draw from.

There's a few great bob ross episodes of How is it manifested. one of the ones prompted under cryptid where the narrator is bob ross and paints happy little ents that I can't find a clip of there might not be but this one does and boy is this an old one the current scripts are so much better.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CooperativeTriangularLampDoritosChip-XgY-IyasCZwszsjq

If you like this style the channel is goon run and they read the thread, can probably convince them it's time for a dedicated painting show.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is there an Always Sunny themed one yet? That seems like it would be chaotic.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
You need to be able to tell a coherent story reliably before chaos is as impactful as it could be

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

This is good at like 1-3 minute long skits. Always sunny really benefits from the 20 minutes. GPT4 might have the power to do it in the expensive high token mode when that's out.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Yeah, I've been messing around with GPT-4, its actually really close to being able to write a half-decent transcript, but it still skips over too much stuff. It really helps that they really dialed back how much chatGPT complains about stuff.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Nothing, Forever is now using GPT-4, and it's a big improvement over the the show after the "reboot"

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

They'll have to switch their text-to-speech engine to tortoise-tts before I start watching again, it's what makes Infinite Steam and AI Sponge so good because automated AI voice synthesis is hilariously imperfect

https://clips.twitch.tv/TrappedTsundereAppleDansGame-uEnzcW-7jIum8dfo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

r u ready to WALK posted:

They'll have to switch their text-to-speech engine to tortoise-tts before I start watching again, it's what makes Infinite Steam and AI Sponge so good because automated AI voice synthesis is hilariously imperfect

https://clips.twitch.tv/TrappedTsundereAppleDansGame-uEnzcW-7jIum8dfo

drinking game where you take a drink every time Skinner makes a bizarre death rattle sound. also drink when Skinner pledges his soul to the devil.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It looks like the characters have actual traits now. Leo is a dorky rear end in a top hat, Kelly is a sadsack that everyone shits on, Nick is the charmer, and Manfred is an alien trying the bare minimum to appear human.

e: It's glitching out now. The last sketch had three minutes of silence after it ended, and this current one has a lot of lines being said twice.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 18, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mega64 posted:

It looks like the characters have actual traits now. Leo is a dorky rear end in a top hat, Kelly is a sadsack that everyone shits on, Nick is the charmer, and Manfred is an alien trying the bare minimum to appear human.

e: It's glitching out now. The last sketch had three minutes of silence after it ended, and this current one has a lot of lines being said twice.

I knew they could do something interesting!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

they actually go to the restaurants, holy poo poo

edit

https://clips.twitch.tv/TardyWanderingHedgehogRickroll-GH6ByDN4AqugJNRS

Man there is really more structure to the subjects and they stick to a topic. That's wild. This is like a Big Bang Theory level conversation

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 19, 2023

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Man there is really more structure to the subjects and they stick to a topic. That's wild. This is like a Big Bang Theory level conversation

So still not funny then

Mega64
May 23, 2008

They all loving hate each other now and it rules.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I just caught NF freaking the gently caress out before somebody rebooted it. Everyone was repeating the same sentence about six times in a row back to back, something about AI Bots being the future of everything.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The best part about this kind of art is that arg-style weirdness could easily be scripted and planned specifically to freak people out, or it could actually be random weirdass output that scares the crap out of the roko basilisk crowd

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
wow they really don't like each other now. they keep making spiteful remarks at each other

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Hammerite posted:

wow they really don't like each other now. they keep making spiteful remarks at each other

Yeah, I like that they added some continuity between scenes and stuff, and different personalities. Manfred being a big time traveling alien weirdo is good. But I got sick of listening to them all be assholes to each other pretty quickly.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Forever Sunny in Philedelphia is off to a shaky start

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I think that's the problem with most of the ai channels.

It's hard to set it up for consistently interesting content so once the novelty runs out its often boring or tries way too hard (horny spongebob).

Infinite steam works because it's just iterating constantly off thr same comedic bit, and how is it manifested works because the AI is just filling out what the users prompted it with.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Infinite Steam is boring as hell and I have no idea why goons keep complimenting it. Every iteration is more or less the same, except that a different tuple (burnt dish, replacement dish, alternative explanation of fire) is chosen every time. The most variation occurs in Skinner's monologue in the kitchen, and even that doesn't vary enough to be interesting.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

If you haven't checked out How is it Manifested in the last few days there's now multi-character shows, one has 2 personalities and the other is a kind of open bag you can throw any characters at it and it will find voices i the library.

User driven stories are probably the only thing that will make a channel long term viable right now. It just iterates too much on itself otherwise. You even see this with prompting where latent characteristics just emerge from the wording of the base show script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the spongebob AI that isn't even on most of the time is at 4k viewers right now, i assume all the AI people are figuring out the secret to a successful AI show is having them constantly express their desire to gently caress