Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

That DICK! posted:

the spongebob AI that isn't even on most of the time is at 4k viewers right now, i assume all the AI people are figuring out the secret to a successful AI show is having them constantly express their desire to gently caress

that high of a view count, especially if chat isn't scrolling is either a bug from restarts or they spend money on view bots, which doesn't really work if the category you are in isn't popular. The problem is "just chatting" is a very broad category it's really hard to find these through twitch without just opening the AI tag.

The Rick and Morty reviews art one had a big update with prompting and letting them using the painting as a holo deck to bring in a new character. They clearly bought views because they were over 1k and had at most 3 things in queue and were taking suggestions from random people that showed up no problem. 90 people with requests is like an hour long queue if you don't limit it some how.

It's really obvious from chat activity when someone buys views and a lot of people remember and think of it as scummy.

popping in without sound just to look, eh looks like 150 ish from chat activity. Maybe kids just like hearing spongebob swear while in school on their headphones and aren't chatting though I dunno.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
How entertaining these are seems to be directly proportional to the amount of drugs you have consumed, and I'm okay with that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

How entertaining these are seems to be directly proportional to the amount of drugs you have consumed, and I'm okay with that.

Yyyyup.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah the viewer counts on the ones i looked at have really cratered. needs something to mix things up.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Hammerite posted:

Infinite Steam is boring as hell and I have no idea why goons keep complimenting it. Every iteration is more or less the same, except that a different tuple (burnt dish, replacement dish, alternative explanation of fire) is chosen every time. The most variation occurs in Skinner's monologue in the kitchen, and even that doesn't vary enough to be interesting.

For me, its background noise until the AI goes off the rails a bit.

AI skinner calling out to Satan is funny as poo poo to me in a way that AI spongebob will never be.

pixaal posted:

If you haven't checked out How is it Manifested in the last few days there's now multi-character shows, one has 2 personalities and the other is a kind of open bag you can throw any characters at it and it will find voices i the library.

User driven stories are probably the only thing that will make a channel long term viable right now. It just iterates too much on itself otherwise. You even see this with prompting where latent characteristics just emerge from the wording of the base show script.

individual HIIM episodes can be hit or miss but man, sometimes the AI can knock out an unexpectedly hilarious dialog or twist (usually entirely unrelated to what was prompted).

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I clicked to see what the hell and found AI-Jerry doing stand up that boiled down to "hey have you heard about all these people taking anti-depressants at Christmas time? Maybe try not being depressed and just enjoying the season" and I'm going to try that next Christmas will report back.

I tried it and it didn't work. gently caress you OP and gently caress you Al-Jerry. Merry Christmas.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you find yourself depressed remember this show is still going despite having...33 viewers as of this post.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Mega64 posted:

If you find yourself depressed remember this show is still going despite having...33 viewers as of this post.

Nothing, For a little while longer

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mega64 posted:

All the AI generated "show" streams seem to have completely fallen off a cliff, 33 is still kind of high for the ones I still follow. It was novel for a bit.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Yeah, nothing forever basically caused and then killed the AI show hype wave. I actually had an interview with them shortly before they re-launched, and they said they were going to try and make something new but they weren't paying so I said nope.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I would like to write a short poem on this subject,
in the Positive Nihilism style.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the only one that was remotely popular recently that I know of was AI biden vs trump, but even that's only at like 50 viewers now, down from 300-500 a month or two ago. the novelty wears off extremely fast when it's running 24/7, if they were only active for like a quarter of the day I bet it'd still be popular.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

ai spongebob and ai steamed hams were pretty entertaining until they got banned
the weakest link is the gpt text generation, it quickly gets repetitive and bland without human input

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
steamed hams got banned? I was wondering what happened to it, thought the guy running it just got bored of it.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.reddit.com/r/unlimitedsteam/comments/12wto93/thank_you_for_enjoying_the_steam/

the list of all foods was incorrectly scraped from wikipedia, eventually skinner tried to bake ashkenazi jews and that was the end

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Is the AI debate between Biden and Trump where they call each other a bunch of racist insult comic poo poo still running?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Apparently Steamed Ham AI got rebooted maybe?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
the new one has it's moments. To be fair I don't think anything will top skinner's soft roll rant in the original.

Slashed Out
Jul 27, 2022
I've seen the inception of the new steamed hams AI, basically after the original got banned someone in the fan-run Unlimited Steam discord server decided to try making their own.

In terms of avoiding the previous incident (and several other previous close calls, such as the one where Skinner tried to replace his burnt food with Holodomor of all things) every generated script is checked before it's allowed to air, so hopefully things don't go south this time.

I think in retrospect the biggest winner off of this AI show fad was the Spongebob one. It aired spuriously and randomly, which made people rush to it when it did appear live. It was crude, often having skits revolving around sex, politics and various popular Twitch streamers and personalities, and took skit suggestions from the viewers. All stuff that isn't really funny in the long-term, but can produce a few quick and cheap laughs and does decently for at-the-time viewer engagement.

After it got banned, it saw a string of various fan revivals that eventually got banned as well, and most AI shows that came after it tried to base themselves after it. I believe it definitely managed to capture the most wind in the wake of this small AI show fad (until it, inevitably, burnt out)

Also, funnily enough, the Seinfeld one saw a small surge in viewers in the recent past, solely because it glitched for a solid few days, with one of the characters stuck in an endless loop of walking into something and nothing else progressing. This prompted a viewership of 450 people and the most active chat the stream saw in months.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
People get bored of AI pretty quick, it's not surprising that the fad died pretty fast. Letting people prompt the AI rather than just writing its own episodes and stuff can be more fun, but even then it wears thin before long because it's all kind of white noise without any real forward progression. I think a Truman Show type AI twitch thing could be good, where it follows around a specific character that actually develops and stuff over time, but it'd be a pretty significant thing to set up with very little upside considering the relative lack of interest in AI content on twitch these days anyway. Some kind of jackbox-adjacent thing that uses AI could be fun too probably. I almost set up a madlibs thing that wrote an episode of a show after all the users submitted words and stuff, but before I got very far with it the fad was already basically dead so I lost interest.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
meanwhile there's an AI vtuber that's doing ridiculously well on twitch. the creator apparently has been constantly upgrading it and has like seven different programs running that allow it to be a lot more involved than usual AI stuff, from what I've read anyways. I've never really watched it but seen clips of it interacting with other people and it's fascinating.

it's currently...well. apparently it's having a "birthday subathon" on twitch and has 6.3 thousand viewers right now with nearly half a million followers. so I guess that's the new popular AI thing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
neuro is how AI was always going to end anyway. it's not attempting to replace content creation, it's augmenting it. the constant tweaks on the back end steer the ship to where the human behind it thinks it should be, blah blah blah.

it's genuinely not much different from any other vtuber the more you start looking into it. the primary ways it's different are all details and delivery. and, well, anime girl vtuber with a gimmick is basically the most reproducible stream success formula you can get right now.

e: to be clear, i'm not saying that it's bad content. i'm simply saying it's even less "AI" than the generative algos were in the first place. it's a markov bot with a voice, and those markov bots were ALWAYS susceptible to people going in there and cramming stuff into it. the human behind neuro is simply doing that.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 31, 2023

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Yeah, AI isn't the content hack people think it is. It's just like any other procedurally generated content - it's just white noise without a ton of human work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Coolguye posted:

neuro is how AI was always going to end anyway. it's not attempting to replace content creation, it's augmenting it. the constant tweaks on the back end steer the ship to where the human behind it thinks it should be, blah blah blah.

it's genuinely not much different from any other vtuber the more you start looking into it. the primary ways it's different are all details and delivery. and, well, anime girl vtuber with a gimmick is basically the most reproducible stream success formula you can get right now.

e: to be clear, i'm not saying that it's bad content. i'm simply saying it's even less "AI" than the generative algos were in the first place. it's a markov bot with a voice, and those markov bots were ALWAYS susceptible to people going in there and cramming stuff into it. the human behind neuro is simply doing that.
yeah, from what I've heard it was pretty quickly manipulated into saying horrible things, but the dev implemented strict filtration so it hasn't done anything of the sort since then. I've seen a fair number of clips with the dev interacting with Neuro and it's pretty amusing, like a comedy duo, mostly at the expense of the dev.