Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Defenestrategy posted:

I get why Attention and Ban Me are autobans, but why did HOT end up in the autoban list?

Because much like the :imunfunny: which used to be what showed up for :awesome: people were :regd08:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I think Biden is going to have an awful time wining re-election. The GOP hates him. The chuds hate him. To the centrist he is an old dude who hasn't fixed the deficit or some milquetoast position. And to the left he's an example of the useless lanyard class of politicians slowly strangling us under the crushing weight of unrestrained capitalism.

Nobody likes Biden for Biden, they like him because he's Not Trump

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Somebody's new call sign is "Pop".

That's better than the moto poo poo

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Rehashing Star Wars Wiki fandom stuff.

:nsamad:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i'm starting to wonder if malcolm x was onto something

There were those two great books recommend on this topic

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
TF how far about sea level are you and Luka?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Good.

Fentanyl overdose or suicide before his trial? We will probably eventually know.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
It didn't sound like the thing over Alaska only weighed 6 lbs.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

CommieGIR posted:

Small birds are no longer a major issue, most engines are supposed to be able to tolerate anything up to slightly smaller than a goose. A small balloon and a ~6lb object shouldn't be a huge deal.

But I suspect the FAA still wouldn't smile on people just releasing balloons into airspace

Bird brain and bone is fairly squishy at the energies involved in the slice and dice of first stage turbofans, and the geometry is optimized so that the bird goes through the bypass and not the power stage.

Man made objects tend to be a lot more aluminum than water by mass, and that is substantially more an issue to that first row of blades and beyond.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
That is some apocalyptic silt. I'm curious if the county will re-zone that area. Seems like unlike the US NZ might be smart enough to leave a risky area to nature instead of shoving 500 houses on it. I'm assuming here that there are counties and zoning laws in New Zealand though.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Its a history for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
a sticky note if you want it to be actually secure

Keepass is the better one as its not cloud connected, but its still software and thus suspect