Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Tiny Timbs posted:

I dunno how you solve the DNA issue when trying to fake your own death. I'd ask the people who succeeded at it, but I think they've died.

Bribes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Platystemon posted:

BREAKING: Ron DeSantis is taxing your electric stove

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1620822734769983491

Something something methane man made manifest

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm surprised the US acknowledged it, seems like it would be easier to feed disinfo if we pretend we can't see it

It's surprising if you assume whoever authored this offical hot take wants calm relations with China. It's not if you don't

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

It's a crime against humanity still. But then again, maybe the humanity deserved it to stop criming against aliens. This is the best of Star Trek, many people are saying this

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

I’m still struggling with how you fight “fair” with a country that has advocated genocide in both words and actions. At least when we nuked Japan we just said it was for military reasons since we obviously value our soldiers higher than their civilians at the time.

I’m just happy we appear to be on the right side of history for once.

My answer is you hold yourself to the principles you think are human (or the ones you once had, before the war). What the other side does doesn't factor into that, how could their crimes absolve yours.
You look at yourself and make sure you aren't evil. Failure is criminal, simple as

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

No, but we can call her red commie scum and fellow traveler quisling

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 8, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Funny thing about those god damned loving pipelines is you can make a motive for literally everyone to want to blow them up save for the germans. I remember swedish naval folks privately hating on them 15+y ago for the cover they'd be giving to russian intelligence operations.

Somewhat not related the Estonians want to break local world speed records in buying nuclear smr plants
https://www.world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/BWRX-300-selected-for-Estonia-s-first-nuclear-powe

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Burt Bacharach died, got to 94. He wrote this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDyiREoBw0o

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

lightpole posted:

Dogs are people chekm8

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

So Rihanna is like... visibly pregnant, right?

I wonder what Ja Rule thinks of this

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

:america:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1625591960978489344?t=2TRvkAdyBRX0LzKYpd0kVA&s=19

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Arrath posted:

Wait in addition to the shooting there, like, yesterday? Two days ago?

Seems like it, saw other stuff in my feed. We'll probably get things clearer in the next couple minutes as this seems to be very, uh, new

E: nope, it's the old one. Reuters made a new tweet for an article. That + the other stuff got me confused

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 14, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

McNally posted:

I think it's a new article on the same shooting, not an article on a new shooting.

Yes. I got too sad to check before posting

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Carter has been President Emeritus longer than I've been alive, and I already feel older than Bilbo Baggins.

It's funny, if we'd been in the middle of ww1 now he would've been president during the civil war.

~The 70s Star Wars was half a century ago~ :shepface:

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 19, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Spoggerific posted:

I can understand knowing when a jet takes off from an airbase since they probably have AWACS airborne right next to the border 24/7, but can they reliably tell what it's armed with? Is that some kind of :nsa: poo poo, or is there some more mundane way to remotely tell?

Being able to tell with a large degree of certainty is fully in :nsa: territory, but on the other hand a lot of mundane poo poo is technically :nsa:

E. Like fex. acknowledging you have an actual guy with binoculars and a radio next to the runway

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 20, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I like Threads, I've watched it 3 times :colbert: Idi I Smotry is a much tougher time but watchable. The one singular movie I refuse to watch is Grave of the Fireflies. There are some things I can't handle.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 21, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

joat mon posted:

This is the difference between stupid loudmouth fascism and competent quiet fascism.

It's the kind of thing that'd make you paranoid about getting distracted, isn't it

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Midjack posted:

I parted ways with GW some time ago when everyone there who remembered the increasingly fascist and xenophobic setting "the Imperium of Man" was in fact satire had left the company and it went full Hard Men Making Hard Choices, but if they're trying to go back to where they began that's nice I guess. They have about a quarter century of unironic grimdark they'll have to dig out from under. Lotsa luck!

They did it about a decade ago if I remember. Did you miss all the children's adventure books they put out?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Somethings you don't get away with saying "it's likely", you got to prove them

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Or Israeli Hamburg like one of the other post war ideas suggested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

I also found out recently that IT goons love connecting gaming devices to their company’s internal network so lmao what even is the point of security

Well is the sever down? Did you make a ticket yet and have you rebooted?