Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

maffew buildings posted:

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)
Thank you for your service :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Joe BRANDON killed muh fishes with the falling balloon!! Why Demonrats hate small fisherman?!??

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

As this made no sense I was asking questions and got informed by a mansion dweller that this approach boosts God’s glory.
Predestination is a huge dick move for sure, but I don't know that it's really worse than the whole "God made the ultimate sacrifice because he loves you despite your sinful, sinful ways. The only way you can find salvation is through complete submission to his will." Reads like textbook abusive manipulation to me :shrug:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

I’ve always just got pets from the local shelter. Cats are easy that way. I don’t care about bespoke fancy cats
All kitties are bespoke and fancy :catbert:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

ASAPI posted:

aliens.
It's definitely this.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
How feasible is it for an adversary to loft an explosive payload in a balloon and deliver it on target? Say, covertly launched from a nuclear sub in a plausibly deniable position well outside the attacker's typical areas of operation?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

And target anything more specific than a time zone? Not really.
I thought the initial balloon was alleged to be snooping on missile silos—did it just happen to get lucky in the jet stream to achieve the overflight? Posting out of my rear end (as usual), but couldn't you just slap a propeller on it to fine tune the course?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Then it's a blimp.
Don't bring my mother into this :mad:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
Looks like MSU has an ongoing active shooter situation :(

https://twitter.com/DrewGoretzka/status/1625321691629879296?s=20

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
Depending on which advertising package they went with, wouldn't keeping them unblocked and clicking on their ads cost them?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
A pogrom swept through a number of Palestinian towns yesterday, killing at least one, wounding hundreds, and torching the homes and vehicles of many. Came amidst a deconfliction agreement between the Netanyahu government and the PA, with hundreds of settlers scouring the Palestinian villages in a wave of retributive violence following the killings of two occupiers (itself quite likely retributive for recent Israeli raids that resulted in the deaths of children). In the words of one attacker, standing in the midst of burned-out wreckage: "A real war started here. I don't see any Arabs going out to throw stones or do anything else. Everything died here and I see that we've found a solution for terrorism."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QrAinNkxZ4

Israel has three options: it can overturn its system of ethnosupremacist Apartheid and integrate the Palestinian territories with full representation for the population; it can keep muddling through with a boot on the necks of Palestinians and a gentle leash on the Israelis occupying the West Bank; or, it can fully embrace the undertaking of the kinds of violence that so terribly and profoundly victimized Jews in the past, killing and expelling all those they deem "undesirable". Given the explicitly far-right nature of Netanyahu's current government, we may be closer to the third option being official government policy than ever before. Bizarrely, Bibi himself may be the only remaining counterweight as he's savvy enough to understand the image problem that would create internationally.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Would it though? It seems like Israeli settlement activity has been mostly normalized at this point, at least in the US it's a non-issue for the media.
Polls show that young people do not express the unreserved support for the actions of the Israeli state of their elders, with each age group growing more and more skeptical. Voices that challenge the prevailing narrative are more and more present in the mainstreams of both American media and politics, broadening that skepticism with all age groups.

With the departure of a few of the Democratic old guard, a meaningful sea change may be just around the corner, so long as the GOP is kept from power.

Cugel the Clever fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 27, 2023

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

I don't think I'm on the same timeline as you if that's a thing you are seeing
That's the danger of going off vibes. Polls show a marked shift in attitudes that, while they certainly don't reflect a staunchly pro-Palestinian mindset, would suggest the traditional blinders are lifting. Particularly were the current Israeli government to more overtly drop its mask, the prevailing narrative wouldn't hold up outside of the GOP. Hence Bibi's likely preference to keep the pot on low simmer instead of drawing attention as it boils over.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/390737/americans-pro-israel-though-palestinians-gain-support.aspx

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
How far out are we from banks adopting proper MFA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I've given the Urban Warfare Podcast a periodic listen and I think they've voiced concern on multiple occasions that MOUT doesn't have nearly enough attention paid to it. All combat environments need attention, but militaries need to do some serious thinking about where their next wars will take place and which should take priority, while doing their best to retain the knowledge for the deprioritized skillset.