Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I generally feel like Biden being the nominee is borderline a guarantee of a Republican president provided their nominee isn't Trump. And even then I think it would be at best 50/50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm surprised the US acknowledged it, seems like it would be easier to feed disinfo if we pretend we can't see it

As someone whose work day is currently revolving around the balloon and reports about the balloon, there wasn't going to be much pretending we couldn't see it. It's very, very obvious.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
A slow moving, very obvious balloon that we’ve supposedly been tracking for days isn’t going to catch anything sitting outside a hanger either though.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

facialimpediment posted:

I posted the balloon thing as a "lol look at this dumb thing" type of item.

I really should've known it would consume about 100% of the newsmedia oxygen with every dumbass with access to a television saying I THINK WE SHOULD SHOOT IT DOWN and now it's a full national security/diplomatic incident.

I couldn't give less of a gently caress. Call me when some idiot tries to shoot it and the tumbling bullet puts a hole in something.

I’d be absolutely shocked if it’s not getting shot at by idiots on the ground

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
That was cool to see live. It was obvious that it was gonna happen when they set up the tfr

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1621958595557433347?s=46&t=PnPnyEi37to6g_2iwVTe9g

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
It was f15’s

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I missed the f22 part of that one

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

Complex pattern… of a straight line?

The amount of people I've seen talk about it "maneuvering" or "loitering over sensitive areas" is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Not sure if that story has it, but there’s a video from someone’s doorbell and it just straight up falls out of the sky.