Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I get why Attention and Ban Me are autobans, but why did HOT end up in the autoban list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

He also got some glasses to look smart

lololol I forgot about smart guy glasses.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Edit: and here's what everyone is saying regarding how twitter dies - not at once, just slowly due to stupid

It's really funny that you can determine what specific job a computer toucher does strictly based on their opinion of odds of twitter falling over in a dumpster fire. My friends in security/IT land are basically taking a dead pool, while my coworkers in management/programming town are of the opinion that twitter can't fail it can only be failed.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I believe this spy balloon gap is too high. We must reactivate the Navy's lighter than air program so that future soldiers will not be caught with inferior dirigible/bloon technology.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

stealie72 posted:

I, too, have wondered why the hell Tesla's self driving mode is legal.

show me in the rule book where it says, "A dog cant play basketball."

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I dunno what I was expecting, but satellite strapped to balloon wasn't it.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

ASAPI posted:

Ha!

The other day the wife asked if it would be better to use a voice ID. I told her to just keep using the multi factor we are currently using. Glad I made the right choice.

So what I'm getting is that my bank account is far less secure than AT&T internet.

I had my internet go out and the accounts under my roommate so I tried getting ATT to tell me if they had an unidentified outage by pretending to be my friend and they gave me the sixth degree about needing pins, recovery hints, or if I had access to the phone associated to my account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

That Works posted:

Sounds still a case of “extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence”

https://twitter.com/benryanwriter/status/1629856455485472777?s=20

Question:

What does the department of nukes, coal, gas, and smart guy glasses have anything to do with virology, pandemics, and non-nuke related espionage?

edit:

slurm posted:

If they prove a lab leak what is an appropriate response? Everyone in the world gets extremely sick several times a year now, they basically murdered the goodness of the world forever.

Nothing, because what are you gonna do? Turn china, the manufacturer of all of our cheap poo poo into a north korean pariah state instantly nuking world commerce? Glass an entire country the large majority of which had nothing to do with it, let alone the groups of people they effectively enslave? Even if yes to that, glass a country that can do it right back? Reparations? Even with absolute truth the government surely wouldn't admit to it or pay a cent.

I think the best you'd ever get is a "truth and reconcilliation thing" where a bunch of lab dudes get thrown in prison and everyone gives a stern warning about lab safety to the chinese, which will probably be ignored.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 26, 2023