Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Mustang posted:

Personally, I think DeSantis is doomed on the national stage.

Not to mention, Trump isn't just going to go away unless he dies.

DeSantis has a proven record of enacting laws and policies targeting minorities, LGBTQ people, and anyone else the GOP views as their enemy.

Hard to justify being the "Free State of Florida" when he constantly uses the state government to harm businesses or institutions that dare criticize him.

Plus, he has a weird, nasally, whiny voice, like some nerd that needs to be stuffed in a locker.

I think the only reason it works for him in Florida is because FL is a uniquely awful place full of awful boomer transplants.

After Trump won the primary and then the general in 2016, assuming someone is unelectable because of their beliefs/policies/actions should have gone out the window.

Especially if Biden runs again.

You don't need to rile up the base so hard you overwhelm everyone; you just have to depress the opposition so they don't show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

M_Gargantua posted:

I think Biden is going to have an awful time wining re-election. The GOP hates him. The chuds hate him. To the centrist he is an old dude who hasn't fixed the deficit or some milquetoast position. And to the left he's an example of the useless lanyard class of politicians slowly strangling us under the crushing weight of unrestrained capitalism.

Nobody likes Biden for Biden, they like him because he's Not Trump

Depending on how much """""""inflation""""""" continues to worsen in the coming months/year it might get much, much worse.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

“You’re critiquing something that isn’t finished,” she said. “Wait until I cook the meal.”

you can't complain that i just put a huge turd in the crock pot, can you at least wait until it's finished marinating :nallears:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
honestly one of the most dangerous things about desantis's potential candidacy is that his age will be a big bonus over the dem side who cannot seem to find anyone under 70, god forbid if biden runs

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
are there even any serious d candidates who aren't trash and/or poison running

because (esp based on lower races) they seem to just not really care about putting up an actual dem any more

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
politicians can turn YOUR stove into a political BOMB

and blow your hopes for a better future to smithereens!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

bird food bathtub posted:

I genuinely do not understand how more terminally ill cancer patients don't strap these fuckers to chairs and start removing parts until the screaming stops.

I don't know how anyone can read this article and not just wishing for all of the people involved to be run over or have a 10-ton anvil dropped on them in Minecraft. Every single detail in that article just makes it worse.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
(long, slooooow slide-whistle)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Feels like just a little bit of overkill, but what do I know.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I liked the AI Seinfeld thing because it was generally inoffensive (heh) and made nice background noise. It was funny in the same way that Markov chain bots were funny decades ago, because sometimes it spits out things that clearly aren't correct, but sometimes take you a few moments to notice. Or the AI version of reading the cue cards aloud. "Quietly walks off stage to cheers. Crowd applauds."

That said, let me find my surprised face that the AI finally shat out something bad :geno:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
someone said it before that post-fail-whale twitter was built to be as stable as a rock

the fact twitter did not collapse and has not collapsed yet is a testament to how well they did their jobs

that said, elon continues tweering the tweetanic into the iceberg

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the real question isn't if but when, and i imagine most of us lost pretty early on that one thinking it would die fast rather than slowly teeter ever closer to a slow, painful collapse

very excited to see how the continued slow decline of twitter and musk's popularity gets to him, though. :allears:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
cats are good, but i'm allergic, so dogs it is

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
honestly at this point i'd just keep sending balloons over. hook em up to some random junkyard poo poo with a little beeper and let that fucker fly

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
on a scale of one to apocalypse, how bad are we talkin here

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Crab Dad posted:

Somebody reset the counter. I’m too tired.

There's a reason I made :america:.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
:cripes:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
not to derail the thread, but wait, poo poo, it is a derail

quote:

Michigan

Train derails in Van Buren Township

Train derailment in Michigan
By: WXYZ StaffPosted at 11:04 AM, Feb 16, 2023 and last updated 10:15 AM, Feb 16, 2023
DETROIT, Mich. — A train carrying hazardous materials derailed in Michigan Thursday morning.

At least six cars were off the tracks in Van Buren Township, which is about 30 miles southwest of Detroit.

Officials say only one of the train cars was carrying hazardous materials, and it's reportedly showing no sign of leaking or damage.

The local fire department says the derailment does not currently pose a danger to the public.

This is just the latest train derailment to fuel anxiety across the country. People in East Palestine, Ohio, say animals are dying and people are getting sick after a train derailment led to a chemical spill.

The chief of the Environmental Protection Agency is scheduled to visit with residents of East Palestine on Thursday to address their concerns.

On Feb. 10 the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency released information on water quality sampling for surface water and said it showed "very low levels of two contaminants, butyl acylate and ethyl hexyl acrylate" in an area called Leslie Run, and said it would dissipate quickly.

Portions of this story were originally reported on wxyz.com.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
if the balloon weighed more than 0 pounds it wouldn't be 40000 feet in the air, idiots :smug:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Have they stopped they're whole "no way to prevent this" gimmick? Since it would mean never posting anything else ever again? Since we've had more mass shootings this year than we've had... days... this year.

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1850112060

Happy Valentine's day! :h:

They have done it three times this year so far, with the previous two being january 23 and then again the literal day after

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Platystemon posted:

BREAKING: Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient Rush Limbaugh has been sober for two years

every time i see this thread title it is a small spark of joy in my dead cold heart

quote:

Right Wing Media: your daily reminder that Rush Limbaugh is dead again

congrats on two years and here's hoping many others join you

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
What do you even do about that? What can you do?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
local news, but cool how this keeps happening

quote:

School police recovered four firearms Tuesday at three different Clark County schools leading to multiple arrests.

Two firearms were recovered at Eldorado High School from two students at around 8 a.m., according to Clark County School District Police Department Lt. Bryan Zink.

Another firearm was recovered at Mojave High School later Tuesday morning, Zink said, after a family member reported that a firearm had been stolen from their home.

At Edmundo “Eddie” Escobedo Sr. Middle School, staff turned over a firearm to school police. Zink said in all four instances, an arrest was made on suspicion of a minor being in possession of a firearm, carrying a concealed weapon, and possession of a dangerous weapon on school property.

can't wait for my hometown to be another news article when someone slips through.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Defenestrategy posted:

So what I'm getting is that my bank account is far less secure than AT&T internet.

Banks in general tend to be woefully insecure online; stories abound of websites that have password requirements with fun features such as

- 8 to 16 characters (yes, upper bound)
- no funny symbols like !, @, and especially %
- helpful "security questions" based on easily looked up things

on the other hand, you end up with websites like my local utility, southwest gas, where they decided that pasting into the password form is not allowed. every time i try to log in i have to open chrome's dev tools to fix it so i can paste in from my password manager. :suicide:

the worst thing is that AI/ML poo poo is everywhere and increasingly being used in places it really, really should not be, as an alternative to just paying people.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Has he started complaining about being "cancelled" by the woke media yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
doesn't matter who wins the game if the refs are bought off