Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Haley is going to be drown out by the noise of the Donald and Desantis going full kayfabe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
This isn't the 80s. You can't just walk through a cemetery of dead children and pick out a new name anymore.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hyrax Attack! posted:

That’s a plot point in the last season of Better Call Saul, Lalo keeps a lookalike on his property for exactly that purpose.

Check out a book called "The Contortionist's Handbook" by Craig Clevenger if you're into fictional death fakings. It's pretty good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Puerto Rico National Guard, you mean.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Lemniscate Blue posted:

As if 9 seasons of that show wasn't enough of a plague on humanity.

Still better than the Office.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Creed Bratton is the best thing about the Office.

The only good thing.

Krasinski isn't worth my time to think of insulting.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The pilot is probably already on his way to a medal ceremony.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Platystemon posted:

Dubya would have gone up there in a jet himself. :colbert:

Two weeks after getting his alert call and failing a piss test in between, sure.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

This idiot was also wanted for leaving dead fish at the Goonies house.

And the boat was stolen.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I kinda hope china keeps trolling us with a series of weather balloons, but the payloads are just a bunch of plastic trash we sent them to "recycle" a decade ago and we just wind up littering the coasts because we have to shoot them down.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Are people in Michigan cheering on the fire?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Cheering? Who do you think is responsible for this

I was thinking of the classic Michigan-Ohio rivalry influence, where each side just likes to watch the other suffer.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Platystemon posted:

This is actually a decent stunt, and I cannot believe that MTG conceived of it on her own.

That just means an intern thought of it.

I will be watching cartoons during the SOTU.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It used to be much more important before the 24hr news cycle, but it's always been a bit of a brag fest for whoever is in charge. Not quite as much as now, however.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Catholics just like to dog and pony up the Jesus experience. The ritual is the religion to some of them. And they love them some formalized rituals backed by organ music written in the 19th century. The saints, the transubstantiation, the fancy hats the priests get as they level up.

Hardcore catholics are up there with people who are fascinated with everything the royal family does. Pomp and circumstance.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

What does the church of sasquatch preach?

Eat berries, smoke weed, pet bunnies, stick to the shadows.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I was catholic until around 12, when my catholic mother divorced my lutheran father and bullshitted her way (along with a donation to the Joliet diocese) into an annulment. Then we started going to methodist church with an uncle, who was methodist because of his wife. Much chiller than the catholics. Lot of uptight german descent catholics where I grew up.

The annulment is what chapped my rear end, and my view of rules lawyering is that it's all bullshit anyhow. Basically, she wiped my brother and I into bastarddom to appease the soothsayers of the sky monster, and they took advantage of her naivety while pocketing a few thousand dollars she didn't really have to spend.

I was 15 when I put together that no one knows what comes when the lights go out. It took several more years to realize that everyone just wants some reassurance, that maybe someone or something has an answer to questions we don't fully understand, etc. Believe what makes you happy, just don't be a proselytizing dick about it.

If I was actually a creative person, I would reread the gospels and write one from the perspective of a sasquatch watching everything unfold. Because Bigfoot is the one who watches.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Self help Singh has the answers I need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8An2SxNFvmU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I got Beans when my neighbors at my last apartment complex were trapping stray/feral cats. Little dude was a wild late stage kitten. Worked out great, easily the smartest cat I've ever had.

Frank came from a rescue 200 miles away at the time and no one was coming to check my house. It was fine.

Beans just spent 10 minutes this morning teasing Frank with a tennis ball. I think, with enough time and tennis balls, I can teach Beans to throw tennis balls using his claws for Frank to catch.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, milk jug rings were popular with one of my previous cats. But so were puzzle pieces. Anything small that she could push around. Problem was she never brought the milk ring back and would just gnaw on it if I didn't get it back. She was a very dumb cat.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bird food bathtub posted:

Had cats my entire life. In my 40s the doc says I'm possibly developing allergies to them now. Getting old sucks.

Take a claritin.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
In case it slipped by anyone else, Joe Pera has a podcast now called Drifting Off.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

maffew buildings posted:

Wow, thanks for letting us know. I really enjoyed his show where he talked to us and I'm curious to hear his thoughts about the few years since the show ended in 2018. Really glad Adult Swim didn't renew them so we can get more hits like "Tropical Cops" and "Misogyny Quest"

The show ended last year? Is it 2019 in your mind?

But you can find some Joe on the Townsends youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey5JYMbI64I

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I remember it starting in 2018, but figured time progressed at the normal pace as he passes a few winters in the show.

I will rewatch to confirm.

E: the podcast is good, but it doesn't sound like he'll be getting into behind the scenes stuff, but who knows.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 11, 2023

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oooof.

Good loving luck, man.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I kinda feel like Turkey makes decisions on coin flips.

At least they're not arresting seismologists and geologists, like Italy did a decade and change ago.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I feel like it's part of the validation behind the acceptability of racism against Italians in recent years. Or at least a close second behind the influence it's had on New Joisey. It's almost like they want all the old Polish jokes to become about themselves.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Rightfully so, though. What geologist or seismologist would even bother considering moving to Italy after that? It's like jailing firemen for fire existing.

Not even the firemen, the dispatch officer that takes the call.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Iirc something like the seismologists failed to warn them about the earthquake. Like that's a thing in Italy.

It's only really a "thing" in Japan, and only in certain areas, with a very expensive field of sensors, and even then you might have a few minutes at best. And the japanese aren't charging scientists over random acts of nature.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There were derailments in SC and TX yesterday also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That anonymous mourner? A Sackler.