Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

God drat if that's not the best way to start the new thread. Excellent av/title upgrade too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Imagine having the TOS/TNG/VOY mindset of "there's kind of an overarching plot but it's mostly a series of standalone episodes" and jumping into DS9 with the Eddington/Maquis episode where Sisko snaps and does war crimes and trying to figure out what the holy gently caress is going on.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

yeah you can't fix people like that. they're too far gone to deprogram. just get minimum safe distance and let them self-destruct in isolation

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Were the Maquis also involved in that TNG S7 episode where they have to go deal with a land dispute involving Space Native Americans and the Traveler shows up at the end to kidnap Wesley? I distinctly remember that involving the disputed colonies along the Cardassian border.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

McNally posted:

Same issue, but they weren't involved with the Maquis.

Right. I don’t remember much of really late TNG, mostly because it seemed like they were running on fumes at that point.

Warp drives causing Space Global Warming and the solution being to institute a galaxy wide 55 mph speed limit sticks out in my mind.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's dumb poo poo and it's alarming how many people are utterly enamored with it

In my experience, the people who are enamored with hyperspecific cult-y AI stuff are also people who are totally down with transphobic rants, so they probably see this as a win

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jimmy Smuts posted:

That guy was pure, distilled Fox news before Fox news was really a thing, what a prediction

Verhoeven should be remembered as one of the great names in film history and I will be sad if people forget him in thirty years

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

If spy balloon debris landed on Jorp's house while he was asleep in his bed I'd start believing in God again.

My country has this horrible tendency to create the cringiest loving right wingers and propel them to the world stage :cripes:

To that point, on behalf of my hometown I apologize for Lauren Southern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Looks like he died the same day he was supposed to appear in court on drug trafficking charges, so probably pulled a Lowtax.