Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

It's a large scout at best Biden, put that baby on aggressive!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Just thinking back to when Biden made it illegal for rail workers to strike after they kept asking for paid sick leave and warning of unsafe working conditions.

Having hydrochloric acid (a natural substance found in the human body) raining down on to your kids and water supply is a small price to pay for saving Christmas from communists.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

stealie72 posted:

Actual train nerds will have real answers, but from doing light reading on it over the last couple decades (used to work for a place that tracked chemical spills), the real high level answer is :capitalism: Maintenance costs money, giving workers rest and PTO costs money, safety costs money--and all cost more than whatever fines they'll get slapped with for destroying a town.

And if the "blue collar," "pro-union," Democratic president who famously rode the hell out of Amtrak is willing to strike break for the railroad owners, none of it is going to get any better.

Yup, when every article about the recent derailments has the White House using stern language like "asks X to take responsibility" while everything outside is dying from chemicals raining down you know the companies and CEOs are ready to sacrifice their profits/golden parachutes to make things right.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Too bad we don't live in a reality where helicopters thirst solely for CHUD blood.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

60% of McCarthy's majority are straight biographical bullshitters. Santos, Luna, and now this dude.

Meanwhile, I've been pissed off about NYT's trans-coverage, as they've basically been treating any transperson as an "advocate" which means the NYT has taken the viewpoint of "hmm, maybe bathroom banners and murderers are on to something, who is to say???" Primarily editorial NYT, but it's still poo poo that's so factually wrong it shouldn't even be in there.

So thankfully, The Onion can still uncork a good one. This more or less is written in the NYT's viewpoint.

https://twitter.com/Atrios/status/1626631724959510530?t=OIRUpnUHdxgCyEkiMFUyag&s=19

https://www.theonion.com/it-is-jour...source=facebook

God drat that Onion article knocks it out of the park.

quote:

Much of the recent debate concerns medical procedures, particularly in children, and whether things like hormone replacement therapy or gender-affirming surgeries are safe and appropriate. Indeed, there are critical questions to be asked about the social complexities of gender, as well as medical ethics in a profit-driven healthcare system. We are simply not interested in any of that. Instead, we will use flawed data and spurious logic to repeatedly write the same hand-wringing arguments asking whether there are suddenly too many trans people around. Journalistic integrity demands nothing less.

quote:

Research shows that trans people are over four times more likely than cisgender people to be the victim of a violent crime. We salute our colleagues across the media who are working tirelessly to make that number even higher.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I asked in the Ukraine thread as well, but I'm assuming if they bag POTUS Russia gets turned into glass?

Seeing as that would turn the US into glass (or at least banking on none/most of Russia's nukes working is still a hell of a gamble) it's probably something short of outright nuclear warfare. I would image there's probably some plan that was written decades ago and occasionally updated that provides the dead president's successor on options but the specifics are :nsa:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

SerthVarnee posted:

I don't recall the Japanese Emperor getting sniped out of a plane during the war.
Thinking of Yamamoto?

It's well know this man was actually a body double

(I think he confused Yamamoto with Hirohito some how)

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

lol at going with a katana over the far superior Ōdachi or wakizashi.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Zamujasa posted:

Has he started complaining about being "cancelled" by the woke media yet?

I think he's been squawking about being cancelled for years now because how *dare* a white man be denied wild amounts of success for making a stale, lovely comic.

mlmp08 posted:

Linguistic Kill Shot

:drat:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Saul Kain posted:

Don’t use twitter, hth.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I deleted my Twitter account back in December just cause it didn't seem worth keeping anymore, especially with that dipshit at the helm.

Honestly, my mental health has improved substantially since I don't doom scroll or constantly get exposed to nuclear level takes on an hourly basis. I still click through and look at Tweets obviously, but not having that stupid app on my phone really has done wonders.

Yeah, I ditched mine in April 2022 (after using it for like a year or two) and the lack of doom/hate scrolling through tweets is noticably better for one's state of mind. I also noticed it killed my concentration and attention span; that website is brain poison. Our brains didn't evolve with the need to filter the inane ramblings of millions of people/bots.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the polls guys, the polls.

Pelosi's hand picked successor is one of the biggest Israel whores in Congress if that tells you where the party is going on this issue

While I agree the party leadership isn't on the same page as the younger population overall, can we please not do this?

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

I think the main difference is that Trump is a ego-driven sociopath who was ruthless/dumb enough to mock the GOP establishment and that endeared him to a already formed CHUD base. Marianne "Dept of Peace" Williamson does not have the single-minded ruthlessness to take on the Dem establishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

a sticky note if you want it to be actually secure

Keepass is the better one as its not cloud connected, but its still software and thus suspect

I use KeePass and it's super useful. And though it could still be compromised by a determined person, it's better than LastPass and easier than having to remember X number of passwords or having sticky notes cover your entire office/home (not advisable if you have pets or kids!).

tacopie posted:

Can you post the link to the INFOSEC thread? I thought that I had it bookmarked. I don't really stray from GiP.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750534