Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

maffew buildings posted:

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

I had abdominal surgery on 30 DEC to fix a hiatal hernia and have a hard time not wincing in pain when laughing.

This caused a deep belly laugh leaving me wheezing and only in minor pain. But was heartily enjoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

All Star Trek is good except a lot of Voyager. Sorry I don't make the rules. This includes Enterprise and (surprisingly) Prodigy

Prodigy is legit good.

Lower Decks is the best Trek.

I can’t get into Picard.

Brave new worlds is good trek.

Never got into DS9 or VOY or ENT

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Was NSA Wizard always referenced with a :nsa: or was there some history there I missed along the way?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Coasterphreak posted:

And this is why I use MFA and facial recog anywhere I can. Oh and my phone never leaves my line of sight, you’ll need to have me at gunpoint to get access to it.

If I remember right in the US biometric unlocking does not require a warrant / court order whereas your pin does.

Edit: And I was beaten.

Is there a way to make your phone require both? I know android at one point could be linked to an NFC token that was awesome. But I don’t think iOS can.

Nystral fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 23, 2023

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah don't get me wrong, the field has a high burnout rate and I've watched a lot of people come and go.

Thankfully my secret for surviving has been: Be clear that outside of advising and providing solutions, I don't care because the client rarely does. Assume your advice will go unacted upon. Just enjoy the flow. Its all a disaster and you are just a observer half the time watching the train wreck.

I opted to leave IR for a major media company and go into BigLaw and supporting them.

Advantage - they move slow so there’s no feeling of always catching up to the latest idiot.

Disadvantage - they move slow so moving to the cloud has taken 5 years and we just got our toes wet with some SaaS and mail systems in a public cloud. Oh and lol at promoting from within.

gently caress it I’m pivoting to CloudSec Architecture and Cloud DFIR.