Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Trump's malignant narcissism will never allow DeSantis to have the nomination without going scorched earth on anything and everything around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/eisingerj/status/1621118762652155905?t=K6jZZxXeRxH1gDdXU4MwtQ&s=19

For anyone that's worked in or around healthcare this isn't a surprise. The real surprise is that when they sued they got the emails for exactly what the UR department was doing to deny the claims.

I know some Social Workers who left frontline clinical work for managed care and insurance companies, I don't blame them but I just don't know how you work for such a terrible entity without it hollowing you out

Working as an EMT was giving me emotional problems because I would see, over and over again, how my presence there as a representative of US health care was destroying the lives of some of the patients I was trying to help. They would call 911 when poo poo got bad, but that just ended up spiraling them further in to debt because just my rig showing up was going to cost thousands and thousands of dollars. So even if they got acute help, the next time someone was dispatched to help the next call they were worse off. They frequently could not afford whatever was necessary to actually fix the problem, but they couldn't afford to have me come out either. Yet they couldn't not have me come out because they'd be loving dead, so Misery-go-round spun on and on making some CEO somewhere richer and richer.

I genuinely do not understand how more terminally ill cancer patients don't strap these fuckers to chairs and start removing parts until the screaming stops.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Terrifying Effigies posted:

The GOP must have been reading the earlier chat

https://twitter.com/_phillipsmorgan/status/1618648723764170753

I imagine the US House security staff are thrilled to have inert grenades circulating the building.

Also 'mission-oriented' :barf:

With these chuckle fucks I'd be worried about it actually being a live round.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/07/politics/george-santos-treasurer/index.html

Oh weird, George Santos' FEC filing had hundreds of payments for exactly $199.99.

In a totally unrelated matter did you know the threshold for being required to keep documentation of where campaign expenses are going is $200?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This part is real easy

Isn't there some nuance to this? I got the impression that the movie was heavily implying that the government of earth actually steered that asteroid towards Buenos Aires to whip people into a 9/11 style frenzy. My vague memories are that they never really came out and said that, but that they left it really open to interpretation in that the bugs didn't have that capability to strike earth.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

pantslesswithwolves posted:

gently caress, I’d like to get in on this racket. I’m already walking my big dummies like six miles a day as it is; might as well get some bennies and pennies for it.

The trade off is living in/around and dealing with areas of the country where people can afford six figgies to have their dogs walked. I'm not sure that's so good a deal I'd be willing to spring for it.

Edit: Also it's still probably not enough to rent a closet in those areas either.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zamujasa posted:

cats are good, but i'm allergic, so dogs it is

Had cats my entire life. In my 40s the doc says I'm possibly developing allergies to them now. Getting old sucks.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Gutfeld!'s gimmick is Fox-brand conservative " " "comedy" " " based on whatever recent propaganda Fox has been screeching about to force in to the public consciousness.

Whatever hideous bullshit that idea conjures up in your mind the execution is much, much worse.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

The Eyes Have It posted:

Rich people are desperate to believe that something other than their money separates them from everyone else.

And that they are ubermensch captains of industry, better than the rest of humanity that earned that money via the honest, hard working sweat of their brows that other people just are not capable of performing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
In further decline-of-empire news, Matt Gaetz will not be charged with any of the sex poo poo he did because of course not.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/15/politics/matt-gaetz-justice-department/index.html

My guess is sexist "she wanted it, it's not a crime!" bullshit, but good old fashioned "we just can't prove anything ever at all against a white male politician" will probably be just as likely.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Sure the "no way to prevent this" gimmick sucks but it's a really, really clean mirror of reality. It shows exactly how much a society that can shrug off entire classes of kindergarteners decorating classroom walls with their brains also sucks. It all sucks and it's not going to get fixed, so what else is there really to do but scream in to that void?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Whenever I was working on a flight line I just always figured that whatever closest line of apartments I could see had a representative of every other major government and a telephoto lens recording me. The cost/benefit would just be so incredibly valuable I can't imagine why it wouldn't happen.

Somewhere in a basement in China somebody was probably watching me freeze my balls off at 4 AM on a January with flight line windspeeds. Screw you guy, sitting in your warm office.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I love that they take off with wheel-stilts that just fall away and get picked up on the side of the runway, and then land by touching down on a car.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

McNally posted:

They don't land on the car.

The car talks them down.

Oh you're right, they have replaceable titanium skid plates on the wing tips that just sort of crash on to the flight line after their...."landing".

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Stultus Maximus posted:

To enforce the law against a Robin Williams movie? Not a chance.

If it lets them target a minority with their hatred they'll absolutely do it, Robin Williams be damned. Hating and attacking people is what they're all about now.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Doesn't that dumb rear end in a top hat have a deep, dark corner somewhere he needs to be whispering the word "persuasion" to himself eroticly? Guy seriously gets off on that specific word.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The US isn't exactly doing great in its fight against rising right-wing authoritarianism. "Not getting as much power as expected in one election" isn't exactly a crushing, movement-ending rebuke. That fight is still ongoing and the future is not super bright. Seizing power no matter what, even violently if required, and warping the system so that only they can maintain it is the entire playbook.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Soylent Pudding posted:

If your threat model includes nation state actors ask your SSO for counterintelligence training. Otherwise you're already hacked, have fun.

Twice now I think? Maybe more. How many times was OPM breached? I stopped caring at some point. China knows more about me than I do at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Every single last aspect of the court system has become culture war battleground. Even the scheduling of the SCOTUS is being hosed with to attack the enemy. Something Trump/Fox didn't like? That's when we found out what the Rocket Docket was. Some rear end in a top hat judge in Shitsplat, Texas decides foreign policy is now the realm of the courts and the president has to do what he says? Golly gee guess we just won't get around to that this term weird oh well guess it stays in effect until we manage to find time in our schedule to decide on separation of powers issues.