Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

so he finally proved that " im too dumb to get probated" custom title eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

A new challenger has entered the fray! Nikki Haley will run for the GOP presidential nomination.

https://www.postandcourier.com/poli...30c30e8be3.html

She may be a unifying figure insofar as America seems to hate women politicians, non-white people AND non-white women politicians.

She did an amazing job with disaster management as SC Governor, we could do a lot worse.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

competently following procedures is a pretty big loving ask in the 21st century GOP

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

yeah its usually "killing someone whose teeth look like mine"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm no longer preventing the sale or lease of US flagged merchant vessels to foreign operators

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I hope that was live audio

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm surprised the US acknowledged it, seems like it would be easier to feed disinfo if we pretend we can't see it

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Zamujasa posted:

Feels like just a little bit of overkill, but what do I know.

You don't know the myrtle beach area if you think "Trump never lit the good fireworks in your backyard, I did that" won't be an argument for Biden in the next election that actually moves voters

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Platystemon posted:

Dubya's dad would have gone up there in a jet himself. :colbert:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

Nice airborne toxic event they have there.

oh it's getting worse

https://twitter.com/4cast4you/status/1622716831323619375

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Navy PAO released some close-ups of the balloon recovery, looks like it was made out of pallet wrap and stage lighting truss

https://www.dvidshub.net/image/7620705/high-altitude-balloon-2023

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"Sonny I've been misplacing classified documents since before you had a helicopter"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

stealie72 posted:

One of the few points in the catholic church's favor is that they generally fall on the works side of the "faith vs works" debate.

I spent 13 years in catholic school, which predictably means that I haven't been to church except for a wedding or funeral in decades, but I can still attest that the Jesus I learned about has nothing in common with American evangelical Jesus.

just wanna reiterate that the Ask/Tell religion megathread is really good

GoGoGadget posted:

Being trained to be that way as a Southern Baptist is what made me fall away from religion once I was old enough to think critically. I remember telling a friend that had just found out his mom had cancer that she was going to Hell since she wasn't saved.

same, friends keep getting upset that I don't want to watch Handmaid's Tale no matter how many times I tell them no, these people are real and I'm from them

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 10, 2023

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

VSOKUL girl posted:

do the southern baptists even do the fun speaking in tongues stuff that 7th day adventists do

if not what's the point

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Calvin is where poo poo really started going off the rails IMO

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The reductionist version of christianity that rings indisputably true to me is "If you tell people not to be dicks to each other and they start listening to you, you're gonna get murked by the rich"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1626267322284474368?t=tB4UFCyBE6BcN3PaL94bhA&s=19

Not sure who would be dumb enough to lie under oath to a county/state run grand jury where the prosecutor is a newly-elected Democrat. But these are Donnie's folks, so who knows?

Graham is a completely spineless shapeshifter with no principles but he's not a fool

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Godholio posted:

According to people I work with, he's a RINO

yeah most of the time but fortunately his constituency has been trained to have the memory of a goldfish so as long as he rims trump and screams at supreme court hearings for the three months before his primary it's all good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Spoggerific posted:

I can understand knowing when a jet takes off from an airbase since they probably have AWACS airborne right next to the border 24/7, but can they reliably tell what it's armed with? Is that some kind of :nsa: poo poo, or is there some more mundane way to remotely tell?

a dude in minsk with binoculars probably, the missile is pretty obvious