Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Appeasement is back on the menu, boys. I can't wait for some good old fashioned peace for our time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

holy gently caress, the army must be about to fall apart.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
buncha lunatics itt

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Midjack posted:

I have to wonder if stuff was this whacked out in Rome in the 60s BC.

Seeing as how Julius Caesar founded the Triumvirate and had effectively destroyed the Roman Constitution (which had been under repeated assault for over a generation), and violent purges had become something of a norm, I would argue that things were more hosed up in 60 BC Rome.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Strive to be more like Ray Parker Jr.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I ain't afraid of no sleep

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

VSOKUL girl posted:

do the southern baptists even do the fun speaking in tongues stuff that 7th day adventists do

if not what's the point

You'll think everyone is speaking in tongues after being stuck in one of their services for 2 hours and 45 minutes.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
go to super secret double good heaven

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's a bait dog? I assume for hunting larger game like bears or something?

Now I wanna know who you quoted first

a bait dog is used as a mauling target to teach fighting dogs how to fight and mutilate other dogs. It's probably worse than what you're imagining.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
importantly, do not google images of this.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

psydude posted:

I just want to reiterate the US just shot down a literal Unidentified Flying Object in TYOOL 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpvGs7-X1X4

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

If you put a propeller on it it’s not a balloon anymore it’s a dirigible.

But you’d need a heckuva prop to move something around in the jet stream, I think.

dirigibles have a rigid structure to which lighter than air floatation devices are attached. Think the Graf Zeppelin. A balloon that gets its shape from surface tension (like most balloons) that has some means of propulsion is a blimp.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

psydude posted:

Correct. This is from the AUKUS agreement, which made the French mad because nobody wants their lovely diesel subs.

Didn't they miss their promised delivery date? They have no one to blame but themselves.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

psydude posted:

To be fair to the French, their ambivalence regarding things like timelines and deliverables is well known. The Aussies should have expected it.

If they're sufficiently mad, they can dump some half finished hulls on a highway outside of Sydney about it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

lol made me look

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Platystemon posted:

I wouldn’t even say “he went thattaway” for four thousand pesos.

That's how you end up on a barrel of acid, though.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
dudes would rather run for senate than get counselling.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
What's the elevation in those images? Are they essentially low lying coastal?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Who he is has nothing to do with working from home or working in an office. He is a product of indulging his own worst impulses for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

We also have chuds surprised that Rage Against the Machine "turned political". Over in one of the buttcoin threads we were recently mocking some indicted web3 media company founders who named their startup Ozzy because they were inspired by reading Ozzymandias.

behold my works, ye mighty, as I bite the head off of this bat.