Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm originally from FL, and I'm baffled at what DeSantis is doing in an effort to give red meat to the GOP base for a presidential run.

Trump had no political record whatsoever going into the presidency. DeSantis has a huge list of fascist poo poo he's done to his own state that Dems can skewer him with.

Seems he hasn't realized over the past 3 elections that while the GOP base loves fascism, independents and democrats in blue and purple states are repulsed by it, and he can't win with red states alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Personally, I think DeSantis is doomed on the national stage.

Not to mention, Trump isn't just going to go away unless he dies.

DeSantis has a proven record of enacting laws and policies targeting minorities, LGBTQ people, and anyone else the GOP views as their enemy.

Hard to justify being the "Free State of Florida" when he constantly uses the state government to harm businesses or institutions that dare criticize him.

Plus, he has a weird, nasally, whiny voice, like some nerd that needs to be stuffed in a locker.

I think the only reason it works for him in Florida is because FL is a uniquely awful place full of awful boomer transplants.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The GOP Primary is going to be a complete poo poo show, I don't think Biden will have any problem winning re-election.

edit: and Trumpism has been a disaster for the GOP for 3 election cycles in a row now, so I don't buy that it's somehow going to make a successful comeback in 2024.

DeSantis won his huge re-election because the FL Democrats ran a former republican, depressing their own votes

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

People hated Trump and he lost the House to a blue wave in the 2018 midterms.

People don't like Biden yet in 2022 midterms the GOP can just barely squeak out control of the house and lost a senate seat. The GOP House has been a shitshow since day 1 this year.

I think there's a huge difference between Trump and Biden. Everyone HATED Trump. People merely dislike Biden.

edit: and to be clear, I don't care much for Biden either, I just don't think the GOP has what it takes to win

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

This is by far the funniest DeSantis photo.

DeSantis looking rejected as Biden chats it up with a Florida Woman and a Florida Man wearing a Florida CRACKER t shirt.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Lmao Desantis is doomed, Trump is going to drag his name through the mud for the next 2 years.

Can't wait to see both of them on stage together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The brigades near the Canadian border also have Canadian exchange officers working on their staffs that essentially do the same kind of work as any American captain on a staff would do.