Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the worst thing Dana White has ever done? Vote for as many as you want.
This poll is closed.
End sponsorships so fighters are completely dependent on the UFC's pay 62 10.56%
Ban elaborate entrances and custom gear unless you're a company favorite 43 7.33%
Align himself and the UFC with Donald Trump 53 9.03%
Abuse his wife and somehow guilt MMA media for reporting about it 60 10.22%
Go on a homophobic, misogynist rant about Loretta Hunt and play free speech martyr thereafter 48 8.18%
Compare pay-per-view pirates to Osama bin Laden 40 6.81%
Argue so poorly that he somehow made Jake Paul the good guy 46 7.84%
Allow Logan Paul to own the colors Red and Blue 36 6.13%
Create Conor McGregor 36 6.13%
Blackball the entire American Kickboxing Academy until they signed away lifetime likeness rights 49 8.35%
Use Marlon Vera's daughter's medical needs for advertising, then make fans crowdfund it 49 8.35%
Create the Power Slap League 54 9.20%
Post your own and then vote for it 11 1.87%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

It's so silly that these drug testing organizations don't start with "lol obviously juicing" and then try to test this person especially. Like maybe even just say "in our expert opinion you show several physical changes consistent with PED so we're scheduling you for more testing". They're just so toothless.

My sentiments exactly. It's a sport company, not a democratic government. Just test people if you have a hunch that they're on poo poo you don't need to uphold some Enlightenment principles of treating everyone fairly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

What exactly does the sports company gain by trying to bust it's best performing athletes?

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
USADA doesn't exist to actually catch people.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

TheKingslayer posted:

What exactly does the sports company gain by trying to bust it's best performing athletes?

Bushido Spirit?

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

TheKingslayer posted:

Well don't you worry, there's a push to go back and retroactively give Jon his win back against DC because the threshold for pulsing has been bumped up. It's only a matter of time before 12-6 elbows are legal and they go back and give him that one too.

When are they going to change the threshold for judging incompetence so they can go back and retroactively give Dominick Reyes his win back?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I know there's a thread for this but I will not have anyone miss out on Joe rogan making GBS threads his pants

https://twitter.com/AliceRHamilton/status/1628782655956463616?s=20

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1628884970336038914
i hate dana white

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Trillhouse posted:

i hate dana white

Dude is looking OLD lately
https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1628853700767907842

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

I know what you're getting at but this could be a sleeper card. There's some pretty good talent there.

Main and co main should be good. Keep an eye on leavitt and delarosa. And Trevor Peek has won every one of his fights by KO

Nierbo fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 24, 2023

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Not trying to go after you specifically, and maybe some folk react more to a visual thing, but Carl already broke this info down in his card breakdown. We are in the depths of hell, and there is nothing but Contender Series people in all directions.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Dude is looking OLD lately

Perhaps there is a limit to how much bigger and redder a man can make himself

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

mewse posted:

Perhaps there is a limit to how much bigger and redder a man can make himself

Dana burned twice as red for half as long

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clearly UFCs goal is to have more than 50% of the roster on the DWTNCS 10/10 contracts which are I wanna say 4, maybe 5, fights long?

From a business management side, yeah that makes sense but from a "we are the premiere MMA league" it's very Lmao and I will never not laugh at it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

LobsterMobster posted:

Not trying to go after you specifically, and maybe some folk react more to a visual thing, but Carl already broke this info down in his card breakdown. We are in the depths of hell, and there is nothing but Contender Series people in all directions.

I think the fact that the fighter names plaques are tagged like that just gives Dana even more Elon energy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

my dude has more money than 99.99999999999999999999999999% of the people in the world and still dresses like that

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

my dude has more money than 99.99999999999999999999999999% of the people in the world and still dresses like that

that is no poo poo a tell. if you see everyone in tuxse and see a dude in sweat pants that's either the biggest, girthiest dick in the prefecture or a vagrant that can't believe what he's getting away with.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

he certainly has the biggest, girthiest skull

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

he sorted of looks like mark coleman if mark was 20 years older and made entirely of estrogen and unpaid child support

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Nierbo posted:

Keep an eye on leavitt and delarosa.

Leavitt is an interesting personality, but he's looked like a pretty average undercard fighter outside of slam-KOing a fresh-out-of-cryosleep Handsome Matt Wiman. And surely De La Rosa gets ground into paste by Suarez in her tune up fight here, even if she is a weight class bigger.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

weird question but does anyone have any strange memories of forgettable midcard guys giving noteworthy post fight interviews? i randomly remembered rustam khabilov's debut where he suplexed vinc pichel about a hundred times, killing him, and then in the post fight he basically just said 'my friends want me to do suplex so i suplex' then his namecard appeared with a twitter handle that was about 50 random numbers

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

LobsterMobster posted:

you know how carl's write up is good and full of information and nuance? throw that out the window, it's

:siren: b league preview time :siren:

ONE Friday Fights 6 - Friday, February 24, 2023

Main Card - 8 AM ET, YouTube

Bantamweight (Muay Thai) - Gingsanglek Tor Laksong vs Kongthoranee Sor Sommai

Gingsanglek is 31-19, maybe. He’s the 2020 Siam Omnoi Stadium champ at 135 lbs, with one successful defense.

Kongthoranee is 33-22 on Wikipedia. He was Rajadamnern Stadium champ at 122 lbs in 2018 and the 135 lbs champ in 2022.

Muay Thai whips rear end and you should watch the hell out of it.

141 lb Catchweight (Muay Thai) - Petchmanee Por Lakboon vs Khunhanlek Singmawynn

Time for some lads to throw their bones into each other quite viciously.

Strawweight (Muay Thai) - Khunsueklek UFABoomdeksian vs Koko Sor Sommai

Here comes the BOOM!

143 lb Catchweight (Muay Thai) - Petsaenkom Yaicheyseafood vs Yodprabsuk Sor Ninthai

On Tapology, the guy’s name is listed as Petchsankom Sitnayoktang, but Wikipedia has the above, and of course I went with the one that includes “seafood”. More fighters need to be named for the restaurant they’re sponsored by.

Bantamweight (Muay Thai) - Padetsuek Fairtex vs Muhammad Johan Ghazali

Fairtex Squad, staaaaaand up!

Strawweight (Muay Thai) - Yoddoi Kaewsamrit vs Chokdee Maxjandee

Yoddoi lost on Friday Fights 2. Let’s see if he can get a win on this edition.

Prelim Card - 5:30 AM ET, YouTube

Featherweight (Muay Thai) - Ilias “Tweety” Ennahachi vs Aliasghar Ghodratisaraskan

Ennahachi is 37-3 in kickboxing, and was the ONE Flyweight kickboxing champ, but had to vacate the belt after failing to make weight ahead of a defense.

Lightweight - Anzor Chakaev vs Leonardo Casotti

Chakaev is 6-0 with 3 TKO wins. He’s fought almost entirely in Russia and Dagestan, with one jaunt over to Ukraine, but now he’s in Thailand, baby.

Casotti is 9-2 with 4 TKO and 3 submission wins. He dropped his first two bouts and since then has won 9 in a row.

Both guys are untested in terms of solid competition. Let’s just hope someone ends it quick so we can get back to the good poo poo - scorching hot Muay Thai action.

Welterweight (Kickboxing) - Bogdan Shumarov vs Marwin Houli

Bog Dan, the Bog Man, from the Bog Land.

Featherweight - Brogan “Broken Heart” Stewart-Ng vs “Rice Champ” Riccardo Cantindigg-Stagg

Stewart-Ng is 1-0 in MMA, winning his debut in 2020 with a submission in ONE.

Cantindigg-Stagg is 0-1, losing his pro MMA debut by third-round TKO at ONE Friday Fights 2 in January.

“Broken Heart” is totally an anime villain name, and I can’t stand for such buffoonery.

Featherweight (Muay Thai) - Hercules Wor Jakrawut vs Shingo Shibata

Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!

Shibata looks to be roughly 11-5 in kickboxing. He’s also not the famous wrestler who broke his brain from too many headbutts.

Strawweight (Muay Thai) - Celest Hansen vs Angela Chang

Small Muay Thai! Let’s go!

First fight just started
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H3r-MfHrls

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

hell yeah, morning fights

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
small gloves muay thai is the poo poo

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

lmao it's funny to me how uninterested in grappling both these guys are

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
lol the second he goes for a takedown he starts beating that guy's rear end. i'm working so can't pay too much attention but the NZ guy got knocked down twice in the first round right?

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Holy poo poo

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Holy poo poo that dude hits hard

For those catching up later, about 1 hour and 19 minutes in to the link posted above

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Once again Friday morning fights are the best.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I love how there's a "family muay thai" gym (assuming I'm not mishearing it and it's something else)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I still wish they had the music going for the whole fight during the MT fights instead of just for a few seconds before they start

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
these two lil fellas are scrapping hard

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Foul Fowl posted:

these two lil fellas are scrapping hard

Yeah, cool fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

holy poo poo

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Foul Fowl posted:

small gloves muay thai is the poo poo

Brut posted:

holy poo poo

Just flatlined him. God drat

https://twitter.com/Beyond_Kick/status/1629133735772692480

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 24, 2023

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
did they just say the guy in black shorts is 17? god bless muay thai

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo what a main event.

ONE card delivers again. I love these Friday morning cards

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Holy poo poo what a main event.

ONE card delivers again. I love these Friday morning cards

Yeah this was great to see, I'm happy to have more Muay Thai options to watch on YouTube especially since MAX Muay Thai isn't showing most of their cards there anymore.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The Friday Fights cards are always so fun and I wish they promoted them worth a poo poo instead of waiting to publish cards until two days beforehand to even acknowledge their existence. Like, when I wrote up previews for next month's thread ONE only had one listing for the series for the next five weeks and it was Friday Fights 9 midway through the month, meaning 6 (at the time), 7 and 8 didn't even have pages on the website let alone cards announced, and apparently at some point they realized their mistake and decided to fix it except they fixed it not by putting 7 and 8 on the website's schedule but by taking down the listing for 9.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I mean as far as I can tell even the in-person booking of ONE Friday Fights has already broken down at this point, today's show had a canceled MMA fight and 3 last-minute replacements including a guy scheduled to fight Muay Thai on the back half moved down to get destroyed by Ilias in kickboxing in the first half main event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Here are the two key links for today's Friday Fights:

Must-see main event: Gingsanglek Tor Laksong (40-8) vs. Kongthoranee Sor Sommai (60-14) (MT 135)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H3r-MfHrls&t=13532s (3:45:32)

Insane KO:
https://twitter.com/ONEChampionship/status/1629121982183911428