Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the worst thing Dana White has ever done? Vote for as many as you want.
This poll is closed.
End sponsorships so fighters are completely dependent on the UFC's pay 62 10.56%
Ban elaborate entrances and custom gear unless you're a company favorite 43 7.33%
Align himself and the UFC with Donald Trump 53 9.03%
Abuse his wife and somehow guilt MMA media for reporting about it 60 10.22%
Go on a homophobic, misogynist rant about Loretta Hunt and play free speech martyr thereafter 48 8.18%
Compare pay-per-view pirates to Osama bin Laden 40 6.81%
Argue so poorly that he somehow made Jake Paul the good guy 46 7.84%
Allow Logan Paul to own the colors Red and Blue 36 6.13%
Create Conor McGregor 36 6.13%
Blackball the entire American Kickboxing Academy until they signed away lifetime likeness rights 49 8.35%
Use Marlon Vera's daughter's medical needs for advertising, then make fans crowdfund it 49 8.35%
Create the Power Slap League 54 9.20%
Post your own and then vote for it 11 1.87%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

did they just say the guy in black shorts is 17? god bless muay thai

undercards in stadiums in thailand have kids that are like 10 years old and some of them are better strikers than a good chunk of the UFC division already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Please let me know if this is acceptable bandwidth-wise. I'm not sure the best way to do this (my streamable links don't play here for some reason).

https://i.imgur.com/qaAHSZj.mp4

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Kragger99 posted:

Please let me know if this is acceptable bandwidth-wise. I'm not sure the best way to do this (my streamable links don't play here for some reason).

https://i.imgur.com/qaAHSZj.mp4

Huh? Who's bandwidth?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Blowing his cheeks out like "boy I've really made a mess of things".

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Brut posted:

Huh? Who's bandwidth?

If this link is fine, I'm all good :)

I'm not the most knowledgeable on recent gif/vid linking guidelines, so I wasn't sure if I was breaking any with this.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah it is fine, as far as I know we're years past any kind of 56k warnings or whatever, and that video is only 5 megabytes, phones will typically spit out still images at like 2mb so it is not that much.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Kragger99 posted:

The only time it really matters for me is when there starts to be 10-20+ different 5mb gifs/videos on the same page.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
MMA GDT: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025169

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Brut posted:

Huh? Who's bandwidth?

I see probes for hotlinking still and am unsure what the rules are.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

I see probes for hotlinking still and am unsure what the rules are.

Yeah that's because certain websites will (theoretically) yell at us (at Jeffrey) if we're embedding a bunch of the material they are hosting themselves, like a news organization or some other random website. But this was an imgur link, which is explicitly meant for this purpose, there shouldn't be any issue with hotlinking/embedding content hosted on imagehosting/videohosting providers.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
Somebody said Mark Coleman and I had the sudden recollection of the majesty that is roidtech. I missed this place.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Somebody said Mark Coleman and I had the sudden recollection of the majesty that is roidtech. I missed this place.

Made me want to take a trip to Ikea.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

BlindSite posted:

Made me want to take a trip to Ikea.

urgent post request. i can't remember what made him snap and want to lol

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Marching Powder posted:

urgent post request. i can't remember what made him snap and want to lol

ive been duped by a copy pasta

one moment

e:

Lemme tell you a true story.

Back in early 2004, I was impersonating Wes Sims for a few months as part of a bet. So me and The Hammer, we're going to Ikea, cause he needs to buy a chair, right? Nothing fancy, just a simple office chair with good lumbar support, cause he'd hurt his back a little fighting Fedor. So we're in Ikea, looking through all the Bjorns and Karls and Fingords and whatever the gently caress else they call the loving furniture, and Coleman's hopping in and out of the little display models, stretching and going "UUUURGH" and all "I don't like this one, these arms are gonna piss me off if I buy this and stuff".

Eventually we settle on one, I forget which, and we go looking for a member of staff. We find one, pimply little motherfucker, and he's all "Uh I'll need to go get a forklift driver cause it's kinda heavy" and, well, Mark is obviously a strong dude and we don't wanna wait cause we gotta go get our Swedish Meatball on, so we go with this dude to the warehouse, and we're gonna carry the chair ourselves, y'know? And that's when it goes bad. Somewhere on the other side of the warehouse, some numbnuts drops something, BANG, just like that.

And Mark lets instinct take over.

First victim is the pimply kid, cause I'd gotten used to Coleman by this point and got a pallet jack between me and him as soon as I heard the bang. The kid, obviously not too wise on his PRIDE, takes it like a sandbag, straight down, his head hitting the concrete floor like a canteloupe. Pretty grody.

Mark realises what he's done, and obviously he's pretty stressed, and for some hosed up reason there's, like, sixty display chairs and tables set up in the warehouse, must be about to be taken out to the shop floor for a display, except he doesn't see that, he just sees a forest of legs, all of them in pairs. It was like watching a bull slew through a bunch of paraplegics, I tell you. He's just BAM, double leg, BAM, double leg, BAM, double leg, shouting and bellowing the whole way. He gasses after his first five or six, but keeps BAM double legging them, for a whole twenty minutes. Last thing I remember of that godawful carnage, as I booked it out of a back door and the cops arrive, is a mental image, startling in its clarity still, of Mark Coleman doing the whizzer on a BERTIL, his face as orange as Hell's own glow.

It took a few cops to bring him in, of course. Eventually one of them made sergeant by screaming "THIS IS K-1 RULES!" in his face and cuffing him while he was confused. The trial was called off when the jury all got mysteriously injured a few days before, and the judge didn't post his arm correctly and dislocated his elbow. The only reporter foolhardy enough to try and cover the story got as far as "Noted cage fighter Mark "The Hammer"" before getting double-legged right through his own desk. As for me? Well, I won my bet. Easiest sixteen bucks I ever made.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
First KO of the year that I can legit say that I will remember by the time awards voting comes around
https://twitter.com/ONEChampionship/status/1629334160379609088

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They sacrificed yuspovs femur to the sports gods

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i am loving crying. bless you lobster.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the loving forest of paired legs

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

LobsterMobster posted:

ive been duped by a copy pasta

one moment

e:

Lemme tell you a true story.
That was magnificent.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

Kragger99 posted:

Great reaction time on this ref lookit that guy get in there

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025169

Head back to the GDT for Spann vs Krylov in 30 minutes. Or don't. I can't tell you what to do.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Well, that was a fittingly terrible way to end the month. New thread draft is getting finalized, send pithy titles if you got 'em.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Jon Jones Infraction Watch 2023

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm channeling a spirit bomb for ciryl gane to knock jones cold

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

UFC/MMA - March Backwards into Hell

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

UFC/MMA - March Backwards into Hell

The not so ultimate if they send belt holders packing.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Jon Jones has a devastating team of guys to help him train for Gane

Maurice "Crochet Boss" Greene - impeccable timing

Yorgan "The Mad Titan" de Castro - incredibly large

Walt "The Big Ticket" Harris - wrestling

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNotDSP/status/1629871160300019714?t=Zib3b08b1a2RTZSfoSY-qA&s=19

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

LobsterMobster posted:

UFC/MMA - Face Gane and March Backwards into Hell

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

owns

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

LobsterMobster posted:

Jon Jones has a devastating team of guys to help him train for Gane

Maurice "Crochet Boss" Greene - impeccable timing

Yorgan "The Mad Titan" de Castro - incredibly large

Walt "The Big Ticket" Harris - wrestling

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNotDSP/status/1629871160300019714?t=Zib3b08b1a2RTZSfoSY-qA&s=19

Got a good chuckle at that when I watched Countdown earlier

And to the shock of no one they did not mention or show Francis a single time throughout the whole episode

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Eat poo poo Bony

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I hope Gane just lays on jones for all 5 rounds

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I have been working on a thing, and it's been a long time coming, but it needed to be out before Jones and Gane happened.

I give you The Tragedy of Trashweight: The Poetic Epic of Hubris: Volume Two.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I was at dinner but it sounds as though Jake is a journeyman level fighter and Tommy is a slightly better journeyman level fighter?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

blue footed boobie posted:

I was at dinner but it sounds as though Jake is a journeyman level fighter and Tommy is a slightly better journeyman level fighter?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3881320&perpage=40&pagenumber=168#pti6

:thumbsup:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

kri kri posted:

I hope Gane just lays on jones for all 5 rounds

He doesn't have the chops to do that to a even a LHW Jones.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jon Jones responded to critics by saying Ciryl Gane is a worse technical striker than Thiago Santos whom he beat easily and now poor Thiago is catching strays all over the internet.

https://twitter.com/JackSlackMMA/status/1630302012871958528

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
I missed the ufc card this weekend, anything worth catching up on?

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Lucasar posted:

I missed the ufc card this weekend, anything worth catching up on?

Krylov/Spann was sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

reeg posted:

Krylov/Spann was sick