Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the worst thing Dana White has ever done? Vote for as many as you want.
This poll is closed.
End sponsorships so fighters are completely dependent on the UFC's pay 62 10.56%
Ban elaborate entrances and custom gear unless you're a company favorite 43 7.33%
Align himself and the UFC with Donald Trump 53 9.03%
Abuse his wife and somehow guilt MMA media for reporting about it 60 10.22%
Go on a homophobic, misogynist rant about Loretta Hunt and play free speech martyr thereafter 48 8.18%
Compare pay-per-view pirates to Osama bin Laden 40 6.81%
Argue so poorly that he somehow made Jake Paul the good guy 46 7.84%
Allow Logan Paul to own the colors Red and Blue 36 6.13%
Create Conor McGregor 36 6.13%
Blackball the entire American Kickboxing Academy until they signed away lifetime likeness rights 49 8.35%
Use Marlon Vera's daughter's medical needs for advertising, then make fans crowdfund it 49 8.35%
Create the Power Slap League 54 9.20%
Post your own and then vote for it 11 1.87%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

If I had to compliment the ufc it would be disallowing soccer kicks and really that's the athletic commissions so yeah still on team gently caress the ufc but, yeesh, seeing that poo poo makes me queezy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

this is one of those 'take the warning labels off everything and let nature take it's course' things

massive brain damage for a shot at the white power slap league.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

COPE 27 posted:

Sure he has power and timing, not accuracy.

UFC stats have him at 46% for whatever that's worth.

That.... Sounds pretty loving good. What's the avg in the division?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Father Time by TKO.

One day, all the belts will be vacant, and the earth will never know that nazis and sex offenders once pitted themselves against each other in unfortunately not mortal enough combat.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Huh. I just learned that Mark Coleman and Kevin randleman were both victims of sexual assault by Ohio state's team doctor during the big scandal with US rep Jim Jordan turning a blind eye.

I know this is old news to most of you but I'm just now learning that that doctor lost his job at the university, opened up his own place, and resumed abusing boys / men.

Awesome.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

man korean superboy was so exciting when he first got on the scene.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

Great points but let's not forget the other 24min of that fight tho

for real. leon edwards is as much a champion as matt serra: he earned it, and it ruled, and it's legit...... but

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Chael is better than Anderson, cause.... look at those other 24 minutes....

Correct, yes.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

COPE 27 posted:

Looking only at the parts of the fight that the loser was winning is one of the strangest mma fan habits.

Edwards: what's the game plan coach?

Coach: you don't mess with a winning formula, we're going to-

Together: get the poo poo beat out of us for 20 minutes and win with a hail mary

Edwards: I know coach

Coach: go get em kid

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Retro thread recap: UFC 200

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/751891215075848194

poo poo, I'm genuinely excited to read this thread. When this aired live I was in the middle of nowhere. Maybe a dozen dudes were keen to see the event so with bits and pieces from our camps and by hoisting my phone up a tree in a bucket to get reception we streamed live. Maybe it was because my situation was miserable in general, but I remember the event being kind of lovely. Luckily for us, even the worst cards were made tolerable by good posting so let's see if that holds true.

86 loving PAGES?!

Is that a record? Nearly 3.5k posts. Let's do this.

Bluedeanie kicks us off with an OP written in-character as Tito Ortiz.

https://twitter.com/titoortiz/status/531582496693944323

I never deeped the abyss gazing quote until right now. gently caress doing that to yourself for an entire OP. You're a legend dawg. At what cost? Well:

quote:

I appreciate it! It was really fun to write, but in a way it was among my most challenging to write: like channeling ee cummings through the lens of a profound learning disability.

I'm a simple man. I like simple humour. Bluedeanie is roleplaying Tito Ortiz, let's loving g-

Brockl Esner

lol

I could type for at least half an hour about the OP, but then I remembered I was on post 1/~3400. Dickchest was fighting Mark Hunt, who did this to Struve's jaw:

DC is fighting - sigh - Anderson Silva. And god drat it Bluedeanie, I have to quote this:

quote:

Did you know they spell Daniel Cormiay’s name wrong, on all the UFCs and onlines and stuff? They write it like “Cormier” but I heard him say it with his mouth, and that’s not how it is like that.

I can loving hear Tito. It's weird. Moving on, Aldo / Edgar is sick, and this is an Edgar that just got done knocking Chad Mendes the gently caress out. And I will say it's a little creepy that the last one of these I did was about the blood sacrifice between Hunt and Bigfoot, but this image makes me wonder who has lost the most blood in the octagon by volume. Bigfoot just has to be top 5.

So that's for Cain (sea level) vs legit heavyweight contender I'm dead serious Travis Brown. I don't remember the fight or remember the result, but I know what happens.

quote:

Travis and his ex wife remind me a lot of me and my sexy ex girlfriend Jenna Jameson but my lawyer is telling me to stop talking about that now

I remember now thanks to OP, Jon Jones was supposed to be fighting DC. I'm not sure which of his crimes made him gently caress this one up but some things never change. Whoa wait up:

lol again. But for real tho missing UFC 200 was because he pissed hot. Possibly the start of the 'pulse' saga. We also have some very important PSP trivia on the first page. The timeless artifiact known as 'roidtech' was uploaded by a now-banned poster named 'Byolante'

quote:

I really want to reupload roidtech purely so it can have a new youtube id people won't automatically recognise

May his posting soul find rest. RIP.

I'd forgotten how hosed up 200's card was. Nate / Conor 2 was supposed to happen but Conor didn't want to do press for 200 so Dana had a tantrum and shitcanned the fight. Can it get any worse? Well two more people need to weigh in: Kelvin Gastellum and Johny Hendricks. Gastellum scrapes in at 171lbs, and Johny visibly shaking on the scale weighs in at 171.25 in a towel presumably as tribute to the popular and timeless Burger King Quarter Pounder; it'll make you say "Mmmmissed weight again".

https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/751460360645816320

Centripidal Horse then made me laugh for about five minutes with this comment on the Hendricks weigh in:

quote:

loving Johny. Did he seriously just piss away a fight because he didn't want to take off his favorite blue shirt?

lmao

Meisha Tate weighs in with literally seconds to spare, making weight so she can enjoy the pleasures that come with fighting Amanda Nunes.

quote:

hey all you guys about to make a "she's carrying 135lbs of extra weight" joke: guess who's the sherdog . com #5 bantamweight in the world bitch. that's right, not aljamain sterling.

Naturally Hendricks is the talk of the town and one goon postulates that people his size regularly make 145, setting off the Manyak signal:

quote:

lol He looked like this before his last fight and still had a decent cut to 170 you weirdos. Yeah he could easily shave off another 30 lbs in that pic if he ate Chicken which hes probably never heard of unlike me

Blindsite reminds us that there is footage of Hendricks ragdolling Josh Barnett, but sure he could fight at 145.

I'd also forgotten how big a stan Dangersim (which I misread as Dangerism until right now) was for Andy. He is basically pleading for anyone to tell him he has a chance against DC. Bluedeanie tries his best:

quote:

Imagine Silva Sonnen 1 except Silva is much older, slower, chinner, less prepared, less juiced and all around more beat up, and Sonnen is way stronger and more powerful and has cardio. What do you think that looks like?

Oh good Mr. Nice has reminded me that I've seen Tito's dick. Pretty (mr.) nice dick from what I remember. But then this is posted and considering where I was while watching this event, it hits me harder in retrospect:

Beautiful.

I need to include this exchange here because I'm pretty sure this is one of the very few times Manyak was wrong iirc, tho knowing Manyak and my memory, he might be right. Who knows?!

quote:

I'm a little worried Silva is just gonna get laid on top of for 3 rounds and it's gonna be boring as all hell.

quote:

Dont worry thats not gonna happen

Inshallah.

And so it begins. The canvas is bright yellow which seems to be making the goons restless, but Keg with the save:

quote:

How nice of them to color the octagon hot-piss yellow in memory of Jon Jones.

lol, but it turns out to just be Dana having bad ideas:

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/751911280559034368

The proceedings begin on a melancholy note. Takanori Gomi aka The Fireball Kid got knocked out by Jim Miller in 2 minutes. Everyone loves Miller, but nobody can really cheer something this sad.

Mousasi KO's Thiago Santos in a couple of minutes and JOE LAUZON KO's Diego Sanchez in 90 seconds. Sick early prelims. No wonder I recall the main card as underwhelming. It was unreasonable to expect this poo poo to continue. Apparently the Sanchez finish was so brutal that Lauzon had time to look sad while murdering him. You know what I miss tho?

quote:

BALD MAN SHOUT TIMES

Dana is visibly excited because he is moments away from getting to watch his protege and / or sex doll, one Sage Northcutt, aka:

quote:

a golden retriever got his wish granted to be a person.

As he takes on the only person on the card that doesn't have a wikipedia page in 2023. No I'm not going to tell you his name. Sage is looking kinda bad, and Keven taps in to a live feed of Dana White's brain:

quote:

Instead of fights sage should urge children to follow their dreams while wearing long karate pants and no shirt OR while wearing neon shorts and an also neon tank top.

A bizarre sequence occurs where Sage and his opponent try and remember how to do leg locks, frustrating the BJJ familiar goons:

quote:

Both these guys almost know what to do here but not quite

Before Sage's opponent figured out his corner's instructions first and nearly tore Sage's leg off. Goons are impressed considering what he had tapped to in the past. It's 19-19 heading into the third, and there is a lot of horny posting in the thread. This would be a poo poo, sexist post in the hands of anybody else, but Dunc can read a room and improved it to be just sexist:

quote:

they should let sage get some experience in invicta then come back to the ufc

Showing gumption few thought he had, Sage comes away with the close but clear 29-28

quote:

[in evangelically positive tone] no you shut the gently caress up dad

And in tribute to his wikipedia-less opponent, INRI says what we're all thinking:

quote:

fair play to the other guy , he lost the fight but he managed not to cum

Dillashaw / Assuncao sounds like a good rear end fight, but TJ was just way too good. 30-27, nobody cares.

Still in the prelims and it's Kelvin / Hendricks time. Remember when Johny went 10 rounds with lawler and arguably won most of them? Yeah well that was definitely steroids.

quote:

lmao at the trainer talking to Hendricks like a slow child

YOU GOTTA PUNCH HIM OK BUDDY???????

Fatherdog and a fair few other goons are marvelling at the extremely steep decline. Kelvin is just having constant success with the old 1-2 and Hendricks has no answers. It's really weird in retrospect but it was only Fozzy saying:

quote:

That and USADA

With three decisions in a row, it was up to Cat Zingano and Julianna Pena to make something happen and lead us in to the main card with a bang. Zingano of course being known for her patented DDT finishing move which she pulled off fairly often:

This is exciting to the wrestling people et al who would always appear in the GDTs with Brock or - ugh - CM Punk in them, so Bluedeanie lets them in on some wisdom:

quote:

Other finishing moves:

Dan Henderson, Falcon Punch
Robbie Lawler, summoning the Blood God
Bob Sapp, betting against himself and faking an injury

Thread is very pro Cat and very anti Pena, so the mood sort of dips as Pena pulls of a 29-28. It does not get better.

quote:

no BALD MAN SHOUT TIMES for UFC 200 confirms it isn't the biggest card of all time

Goons are not happy. The prelims weren't bad but Sage Northcutt and some guy they found down town had the most interesting fight while being by far the least technically competent. The rest were technically competent and mostly uninteresting. But we were about to be saved:

quote:

I hope that Cain kills Browne and then just carries him around the cage for a minute showing off his prize.

That's right, noted dickhead and caretaker of Ronda while she poo poo in the woods Travis Brown was about to fight Cain Velasquez and everyone knew what was about to happen and they liked it.

quote:

travis browne is a dumbass piece of poo poo and I look forward to him losing

I just looked at Travis's fight record and it is one of the most truly baffling records in existence. Wins against Struve, Gonzaga, loving Overeem, even Josh Barnett, but quick as look at ya he'll just lose to Andrei Arlovski. Travis Brown was never, ever a better fighter than Struve, Gonzaga, Overeem or Barnett but poo poo happens at heavyweight, and the MMA gods are cruel. They made an athletic commission think he belonged in their with Cain Velasquez (sea level model). Cain beat the loving poo poo out of him with wheel kicks and brutal punches and the bout was unfortunately stopped with a few seconds remaining in the first.

quote:

Early stoppage

The wrestling fans are becoming more populace and the posting is getting worse. You know the Dunc post from earlier with the sexism in it? Well now we're getting this:

quote:

Does Meisha Tate have the biggest titties in the UFC?

Ugh. Ah well. gently caress it. Aldo / Edgar 2 time. The atmosphere changes. Even the wrestling guys pick up on the fact that these two guys are on a different level than the people we've seen so far:

quote:

I have no clue who these guys are but this fight feels like it's going to be huge

He wasn't wrong. The first round is razor close, with Frankie dominating for most of it but Aldo getting a lot done as the round drew to a close. Most have it going to Aldo. The second round is just as close. The posting is becoming feverish. 20-18 Aldo? 19-19? 20-18 Frankie? It's only round 2 and there is absolutely no consensus. I recognise the vibe of this GDT. This fight is loving good and we're only just getting started....

Huh. Getting started. What page are we on? Only 50 pages left?! gently caress this poo poo. I'll break the forums trying to fit this all in a post.

I don't know if this is entertaining anyone but if you would like to read the rest of a recap let me go because I will not report on a further 50 pages if it's just going to wear out your scroll wheel.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Hollandia posted:

This was like having CarlCX's burnout older brother take over his analysis posting.

Lol. For what it is, this is the strongest posting compliment I've gotten. Will finish it in the next 12 hours.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Tangy Zizzle posted:

I don't know where I heard / read it - but am I correct in assuming USADA doesn't go to Thailand so fighters go there to train on purpose? Plus there's apparently an abundance of steroids that you can simply get over the counter?

Maybe I'm talking out of my drat butt over here,

i have never heard that usada does not go to thailand. and there's places in south east asia where you can buy any pharmaceutical over the counter, but i'm not sure if thailand is one of them.

had multiple friends go there and train and none of them came back on gear.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

oh and this is one of the funniest things chael has ever done and easily worth 12 seconds of your time

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

This is really good.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lid posted:

went through that thread and I still hold TJ Dillashaw was a Dominick Cruz cover band, but i cant wait til you get to the post-event comments because someone comes in with a reaaaaal spicy take that derails the thread

gently caress lol that'll be entertaining. Can't wait.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lid posted:

went through that thread and I still hold TJ Dillashaw was a Dominick Cruz cover band

oh, and same. great post.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that is legit the first time i've seen someone winning a fight with their back taken

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Retro thread recap: UFC 200 - Part 2

We left off last time with a prime Aldo and Edgar having an extremely close first two rounds. I wonder if any wrestling fans in the thread watched this and thought 'gently caress, I should follow this'? It's just that type of fight.

quote:

I absolutely can't score this. Aldo's countering amazingly but Frankie is so so active

This should be the correct attitude, but while Aldo and Edgar are taking a minute break, a White Power Slap fight starts up in the thread full of 'what fight are you guys watching's'. The third round can be summed up thusly:

quote:

I could watch these two fight forever

Unfortunately Aldo has this thing.... It's like he sold his soul to a devil that traded him the ability to be the best fighter on the planet for exactly 3 rounds. Depending on how his cut went, where the constalation of gemini is, and the phase of the moon, rounds 4 and 5 are traditionally really dicey for him. That is really bad news when you're fighting Edgar who has never finished a 5 round fight without looking like he coud do another 5.... So naturally rounds 4 and 5 were the strongest Aldo rounds accoding to the thread. So we're getting posts like:

quote:

I got 1 2 and 5 to Edgar. I dont care what joe says. Edgar was effective and controlled those rounds.

and

quote:

I have 49-46 Aldo

but also

quote:

Dominant Aldo win.

and most infuriatingly:

quote:

That wasnt a victory that should get Aldo another shot at Conor imo

lol. Hot take. But regardless the vibe is that Aldo has scraped in and the fight was good. This was for the interim belt during Conor's reign and so it's cute to see everyone speculate on the rematch. They had such happiness in their hearts, and they still do. Here. Preserved for all time.

Whoa! I appear! Maybe someone else's phone is up a tree. What have I got to say for myself?

quote:

That was some of the the most biased commentary I've ever heard bit I gave 3, 4, 5 to Aldo but whatever

Hahahaha oh yeah and there was tons of 'Rogan's commentary loving sucks' so it's good to see nothing changes. And Frankie Edgar is my favourite fighter ever so if I had it for Aldo it was probably extremely deserved. Anyway, shut the gently caress up me with a functioning back, we've got a thread to read.

Mean Bean Machine gets meta:

quote:

So many bad posts today lol and it isn't even a Rousey card

I'm definitely doing a recap of Rousey / Holm next lol.

Holy poo poo, Fatherdog weighs in. If I was a Sir Gallahad (The Chaste) of Frankie stans, Fatherdog would be the God that gave Arthur instructions, and he says of the fight:

quote:

Those were all reasonable scores for a change, Aldo fought a great fight. People saying that Frankie wasn't landing and Aldo avoided everything need to seriously pay attention to what they're watching, including Rogan. I'm psyched for Aldo/McGregor 2. These are my fight thoughts.

Aldo won that fight. Which doesn't explain this post from INRI:

quote:

it wasnt close. i think you all just want to have gay sex with frankie edgar and touch his balls etc

Incorrect. Correct.

Goons are still slapfighting over over the win and it's possible implications with regards to McGregor. A goon who I won't name in case he still posts does come out with this banger:

quote:

The line that Conor can't go back to 145 seems ridiculous and completely made up wishful thinking, too.

He just got his poo poo wrecked by Diaz at 170 but we'll get him on the Johny Hendricks all-chicken breast diet and he'll be back down in no time. And I absolutely cannot tell if Dangersim is serious here:

quote:

Conor said literally days ago he will be coming back to 145, and he doesn't lie about poo poo like that

But in apologies for mispronouncing his name in my head for years, I'll assume he was joking.

Finally, finally someone mentions that Anderson Silva and Daniel Cormier are about to fight and that we should probably all talk about that now.... Right after everyone shits on Jon Jones for a while:

quote:

Oh man! They are BURYING Jones.

Good. Silva had some absolutely dog poo poo fights that I'll never forgive him for, but guy's who make people post this:

quote:

So they're calling this dude the best fighter ever and he sure looks like he couldn't give less of a poo poo, so the other guy's gonna win, right?

Is the GOAT. With 2 days notice, he went up to LHW to fight Daniel loving Cormier. That owns. And I don't know what Dana paid him, but it wasn't enough. I remember this fight being an embarrassing slaughter and I'm genuinely hoping I'm wrong.

Firstly though, a bit of trivia I don't remember hearing from Jerusalem:

quote:

The most bizarre What If is that apparently Vince McMahon's son actually recommended they buy UFC at some point way back in the past and Vince rejected the idea. I mean, he probably would have completely hosed it up and not a single person would have believed the fights had any integrity but it's still a fun thing to think about what might have been.

I basically stopped watching MMA because it had strayed too far from its carni roots, and I can't help but wonder what Vince would have done with this shitshow. It could not have been any worse. Could it?! What say you, Atom?

quote:

DC is about to wreck my hero

Oh. Lusty boos start raining down as the extremely obvious happened immediately. I do feel bad for DC. Andy is beloved, but even not having fought in years, it would be insane for DC to stand with Silva. There is just no god drat reason to. He either loses to a MW on 2 days notice, or he wins in the most unexciting way possible. No new fans will be made tonight.

quote:

drat that was a roidtech speed lie-down to sidecontrol

Why can I feel this? The difference in wrestling was such that DC could phone his wife and kids on top of Andy while transitioning to side control. And DC's family would definitely hear a high pitch "Hello Mrs. DC, your husband is very strong!"

My homie Duzzy Funlop sums it up:

quote:

Crowd not happy with DC doing exactly what he should be doing, to no one's surprise

https://i.imgur.com/EH3aFpz.mp4

It is 20 seconds of Dangersim hoping for something, and 4.5 minutes of reality.

quote:

This is the worst sex I've ever seen

The boos just will not stop and goons are very upset, and it might just be my imagination but I can't help but think they're experiencing the cognitive dissonance of knowing as MMA fans that this is what DC should be doing and absolutely hating it. Andy really is beloved. Also this is 2016 and he's 41 and was a couple of days out of surgery post getting his gall bladder removed. Our referee has apparently received instructions to stand them up so everyone can get all excited for a minute before:

quote:

A great takedown....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I swear to got I cannot remember ever hearing this before:

quote:

oh my god a stand them up chant

quote:

Big John is apparently about as easily manipulated by peer pressure as a middle schooler

And it's a good thing he is! The very end of the fight a flurry of activity happens that briefly gets everyone's hopes up before realising that DC has been hit so hard by Rumble that it looked like he stepped in front of an invisible train. He eats it and the fight is over. No one is pleased. Bluedeanie though, decides that in lieu of DC knocking Silva out, he was going to finish Dangersim

quote:

Dangersim, its ok. We are all extremely obviously wrong in hindsight sometimes. I mean it was also with foresight in your case, but still.

Brutal lol. Crowd has been booing at this point for nearly 20 minutes straight which has to be up there as some sort of record. Apparently the flurry at the end actually convinced people of this:

quote:

On a full camp Anderson wins that fight. That front kick to the liver was a nice trip back in time but not far back enough.

Ignoring the fact that DC doesn't just stay in lockdown until he gets stood up if he's trying to hurt you. I remember it looking like he was not trying to brutally massacre the aged superstar but hey I've been wrong before.

quote:

If you think DC was taking it easy on anderson you're an idiot

NO gently caress YOU DANGERSIM YOU LIT- er, actually, I'll just hand it over to LobsterMobster who has a way with these things:

quote:

Cormier is a big dumb jerk :mad:

He totally should have given the dangerous knockout artist striker the best opportunity to win

Perfect, also:

quote:

Remember when Jon Jones' opponent pulled out with an injury, and Chael Sonnen offered to step in on a week's notice, and Jones just refused?

No, but loving lmao. Also, Dangersim is still going. I'm not going to quote him any more because it feels wrong to do that to a friend who is no longer with us, but god drat man I hope you eventually recovered from this trauma.

quote:

apparently cowboy started the stand them up chant

lol.

Time for Hunt / Lesnar. Now it is the rest of our turns to be Dangersim. I did not recall DC / Silva fondly. I recall Hunt / Lesnar with actual hostility. I hated this fight. And if the reason Part 2 is like 24 hours later than I said it would be, let this be the reason. All I wanted was for Hunt to smash the dick off his chest and then kill him. Is that too much to ask? NobodyNOWHERE sums it up:

quote:

If Bork wrestlefucks Hunt into the ground then this card will have burnt all the good will that was earned with the early Travis Browne thrashing.

All this wrestling (the entertaining kind, not the kind that just happened and is about to happen) talk is so loving weird. Can't wait for a chair to hit the dude with another chair and DC expects the translator to give him a chair so he can molest him with the chair. Nate Diaz appears on the big screencompletely stoned for an interview because he loving rules. Hello, StarkRavingMad, shut the gently caress up:

quote:

JESUS CHRIST SHUT THE gently caress UP DIAZ

Who the gently caress thinks like this? THIS is the way to think:

quote:

Whatever Nate just said, then repeated 3 more times, I agreed with

Better. I'm greatful to Diaz for appearing between these two poo poo fests. Especially when he apparently says:

quote:

"in the time of war, he wouldn't even be alive. i'd own all his poo poo and this wouldn't be happening again." - Nate Diaz on McGregor

lol. PostNoveau makes mention of what would become a massive legal battle between Hunto and the UFC with this little interjection:

quote:

They're not allowed to do steroids right?

[looks at brock] uh, that's right. Just ignore the fact that the real reason for the yellow octagon was to clearly designate the space that had to be zoned as a petting zoo so all the non human hormones could stand in it.

gently caress I'm sorry my bros who like wrestling but I loving hated these cards because of yall's part time MMA posters. It's so loving weird. It's, I don't know... The wrong attitude? Or something? To have when men are seriously trying to kill each other. I'm sure the contrast to you was pretty funny and I'm not trying to get on my high horse about the REAL FIGHTING I just find it really offputting. Apologies if my commentary of this is more about the dogshit posting than the fight. I don't really want to talk about the fight. Or maybe I do. Let's find out....

Nope lol don't know if this is tongue in cheek or not so I won't name names but loving hell lmao

quote:

If Brock gets popped for roids, is he out of SummerSlam too?

quote:

he has never been popped for roids so why would he start now?

quote:

Yeah, he's never popped for roids and has always looked like he does now. Like since high school. Lesnar's just a jacked loving white boy without a neck.

[looks at Brock again] Uh, I think he started a while ago. Oh you mean popping? They actually test in the UFC.

In other news, Chromatic may suck my dick when he's finished with the one on Brock's chest:

quote:

hahaha good gently caress you hunt

I just don't understand some people.

quote:

Brock is just outstanding at riding guys - Joe Rogan

Where was this energy when Sage was fighting, Rogan, you loving philistine??

And ok if this is tongue in cheek than I just don't get it so I'm going to start naming names. Fluffydaddy, the admin, what the gently caress is this:

quote:

Brock has always been this huge, so i dont get your point

The man is not producing trenbolone in his endocrine system, and if he is it's not a birth defect. He is the single most on steroids person in the UFC ever, and that pool of suitors includes Ubereem. The thought of protein and the occasional gym visit producing Brock Lesnar is absurd. You cannot have reached adulthood and survived long enough to post this genuinely thinking that. Statistically you would have drowned in adolescence after falling into a pool and attempting to drink yourself out.

quote:

i was told this samoan man could punch

That loving does it. I'm going to say 'ree'. Like in those memes making fun of neurodivergent people. Don't push me.

quote:

why was this fat guy the favorite

Ree.

Two rounds have passed and people are guessing 1-1. I don't know whose having less fun, the goons watching that or me reading them, but it feels like we're all together in this.

Jesus loving christ look at this artifact:

quote:

Punk/Lesnar was a better match.

I don't watch wrestling but watching a guy who lost to a journalist 'fight' a guy who beat Mark Hunt is such an insane concept that I might just track it down. Brock has apparently turned a shade of pink which psychologists have shown to reduce aggression in prison inmates and now Mark Hunt.

quote:

I would like Cowboy to start chanting stand them up again even though it would be bullshit

loving same dude. Same. Why am I posting like this is real time? Have I slipped into a moron fugue state? Doesn't matter. R3 takedown is secured and with it, the fight. Oh, and hello old friend!

quote:

Jase1 is losing a lot of money tonight.

RIP. Love you brother.

quote:

Well that sucked.

With you on that one, Mr. Nice.

quote:

I hate UFC 200

Same. Further congratulations to Ty1990 for pissing me off in real life in 2023 with this banger

quote:

Lmfao everybody's fat hero just got bodied by a WWE wrestler who hasn't fought in four years

I hate you, but you are not wrong.

If you're wondering why the crowd is cheering Brock while they booed DC, it's because one is a wrestler and the other wait no one is a poo poo gently caress hang on

quote:

Brock Lesnar is popular, and DC is not

Thanks Dr. Abysmal that's what I was trying to say.

Also, I read this, so you have to. It's the Sideshow Bob rakes scene but in lieu of rakes it's this post flashing up on screen:

quote:

jesus imagine brock loving his wife

Just incase you wanted something less punchy but with the weird, sick feeling in your stomach turned way up:

quote:

Brock's like the rear end in a top hat that takes you home from the bar, savages you, and then is sweet and tender for the thirty seconds after he blows his load. The next morning, he's an rear end in a top hat, again.

What. The gently caress. Is wrong. With pro wrestlers?

quote:

Why did Brock kiss his mother on the mouth? Am I the only one who thought that was weird?

I didn't need that. I don't need this. I feel like I'm slipping away.

quote:

It's hard to imagine that what we just saw was the same sport as Aldo/Edgar but it's true

lol. I'm back. Also, Brock may or may not have said something racist in the post fight. It must have been around the time of BLM / ALL LIVES MATTER. Goons are deliberating:

quote:

I don't know about that... I think he was trying to say something akin to 'we're all one' and just didn't have the brain capacity to formulate the words. I'd blame that on getting hit in the head by Mark Hunt but he pretty much didn't get hit in the head, so...

Excuse me, Brock, but I like my racism in all aspects of MMA except the ones I pay to see. Luckily he hosed off forever.

Anyway here comes Amanda Nunes and Meisha Tate to save the day. It is absolutely unfair to comment on this fight knowing what Nunes went on to become but this is still a wild post:

quote:

Nunez is about to get worked, but she is feeling the spirit at least

At one point in time, somebody thought Miesha Tate was better than Amanda Nunes. Fascinating. Goons are still sorting out whether or not Brock is racist. If you asked me whether Miesha Tate or Brock's Racism was headlining 200 just from goon posts it is 100% Brock's racism.

Surprising everyone except me from the future Nunes beats the loving poo poo out of Miesha Tate.

I'd love to end it here:

quote:

UFC 200 kinda sucked guys

But we've still got 10 more pages of terrible opinions to enjoy.

quote:

Why? Ronda would demolish Nunes

Woof. Swing and a miss. Also, I nearly didn't quote this because I didn't know if he was serious but I'm starting to think he was.

quote:

I really think they should stop making quick submissions like this part of the UFC. it's really a huge waste of time to keep building up two hours for just 12 second matches.

I'm not sure what to say to that. Do we just let Nunes smash Tate's head until it turns into the Fallout 3 explosion animation? Please continue:

quote:

Oh I dunno, make it more points based, maybe instead of one tap out it can be three strikes, etc. more emphasis on technique, etc. I dunno, like, we've had multiple championship matches decided by one single quick stroke and it's too quick to really get excited or interested in what's going on.

Congratulations for putting your arm around an opponent's throat in such a way that you can literally kill them at will. We award you three significant strikes. Ms. Tate, pick up the pieces of your face you want to keep and get back in the neutral corner. How many fingers am I holding up? Wednesday? Well if you've still got days of the week in there you can go a little bit longer until some guy is satisfied with his PPV purchase.

Anyway here's the Bud Light Damage meter bought to you by Bud Light:

First up, Miesha Tate showing off her hosed up everything:

And here we have Jose Aldo sporting the traditional 'I won convincingly do' paired with a moustache that is illegal outside of vegas:

Ok gently caress this, what else, er, I get in a slap fight with INRI about just how close Edgar / Aldo was or wasn't, lots of cool poo poo is gone because imgur wasn't invented yet or whatever, and, er, that's it. UFC 200. It sucked poo poo mostly except when it didn't. Sorry part 2 was like 3 days late.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

jack slack is right. p4p, if you're going to use it, is alexander volkanovski. i want those two to fight again so bad. and edgar / aldo 1 was closer than 2, but they were both very loving close fights and 49/46 aldo in the second is absolutely defensable. more defensable than 49/46 islam anyway.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

also dan hooker is on one. calling someone a dog in australia is fighting words, unlike oval office, which is mostly a term of endearment.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think Alex would win a rematch.

same. he has demonstrated that rematches go very badly for who he's fighting against. and saying that with the size difference being what it is is genuinely incredible. i can't believe someone who fights that well is basically unknown outside of mma circles.

also, good to see that aussie crowds are still p4p best. there was only roughly 12k watching hunt / bigfoot 1 fight and the noise was unbelievable.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I scored the fight as a split decision:smugdog:

lol

my objective thoughts

my biased assessment

the results of a tarot card reading

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Guys there's an easy way for a fighter to point fight superbly, and still lose. It's called getting knocked out or submitted, just ask Usman about it. If volk was going to win in rounds 4 or 5 it would have had to be a finish.

i'm not sure who you're talking to but sure.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ilmucche posted:

go pride style with 10-5-5 minute rounds and judge the fight as a whole

I believe the priority scoring criteria is how Japanese the fighter was.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

there's only one way to settle this. one person takes the back and locks in a body triangle. the other guy punches him in the face. see who taps first.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Willing to be in a body triangle so ineffectual that I can punch your face repeatedly and yell while doing so to see who taps first for science.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lid posted:

He put his back flat against a wall.

my boy knows how to get down in a pub fight. scariest 'fight' i've ever been in was when i was doing security at a big music festival and the headliners never showed causing an actual riot. having nowhere to put my back was loving petrifying. i don't remember what happened or how i survived but my boss and mentor at the time credits me for saving him so god only knows what went down.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

gently caress bouncing. terrible job. if it wasn't 2008 i'd have worked nearly anything else.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

just six months of bjj is enough to take a lot of stress out of that job. saying that though, back in 08 before mma was mainstream popular, every time i'd choke a guy i'd usually do it to get him to become compliant, but occasionally i'd put the dude out his mates would think i killed him and then it would be a really busy night.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

oh and er volk p4p #1 or whatever. didn't mean to turn this into a my bad jobs thread

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

If it wasn't grossly unethical that'd be hilarious.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

if it's not specific people, and it's not saying it will be, what's unethical about it

i believe yaoi is the dudes having sex porn yeah? i don't think drawing her co-workers loving would be very ethical.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

And now back to reading our old GDTs :laugh:

i am not growing old gracefully.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Operation: Secret Project is now live, and it's the dumbest thing I've embarked on

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4024290

thank you. the individual drawings are loving chef's kiss and the concept feels like it was made for me specifically.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

who did that ko recently where one guy cracks the other guy, and then there's like a 3 second pause before the other guy's brain just shuts down. was it a barboza fight?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Boco_T posted:

This is one of the sickest strikes you'll see all year
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1626381875269844995

had to watch that about 5 times to understand what i was seeing

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

Lets try this:

https://i.imgur.com/y7fyIVN.mp4

You can see there his jaw "shudders" when it makes contact.

Please let me know if that's too big/large file size.

good poo poo. instantly saw it. sick.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i wish all domestic abusers would humiliate themselves in progressively more embarrassing ways.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lid posted:

A Brazilian called out Krav Maga as trash and fought two Krav Maga fighters at the same time to prove it.

https://twitter.com/infymma/status/1626680397688983561?s=46&t=0v57lFJymrg5jX7cAi_DGw

lol owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

no! not human affection!