Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the worst thing Dana White has ever done? Vote for as many as you want.
This poll is closed.
End sponsorships so fighters are completely dependent on the UFC's pay 62 10.56%
Ban elaborate entrances and custom gear unless you're a company favorite 43 7.33%
Align himself and the UFC with Donald Trump 53 9.03%
Abuse his wife and somehow guilt MMA media for reporting about it 60 10.22%
Go on a homophobic, misogynist rant about Loretta Hunt and play free speech martyr thereafter 48 8.18%
Compare pay-per-view pirates to Osama bin Laden 40 6.81%
Argue so poorly that he somehow made Jake Paul the good guy 46 7.84%
Allow Logan Paul to own the colors Red and Blue 36 6.13%
Create Conor McGregor 36 6.13%
Blackball the entire American Kickboxing Academy until they signed away lifetime likeness rights 49 8.35%
Use Marlon Vera's daughter's medical needs for advertising, then make fans crowdfund it 49 8.35%
Create the Power Slap League 54 9.20%
Post your own and then vote for it 11 1.87%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
There is unfortunately absolutely no chance that Volk beats islam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

reeg posted:

I was surprised that they were promoting Cocaine Bear tonight, I thought he was in hot water for slapping his wife

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

crepeface posted:

you can put this in the exact opposite way: how dominate is a position when you're sitting there not able to do anything but take (admittedly not very damaging) punches to the face?

seems like a stalemate on the ground to me, but iirc islam landed more on the feet so i think he takes the round anyway.

I get what you’re saying here, but being in a body triangle is, like, objectively worse than having your opponent in a body triangle, so while it’s a stalemate once defended I don’t think you can say it’s a wash for scoring.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Jon Jones hasn’t fought in three years, and I think it’s been about two since I was excited to see him at heavyweight.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CarlCX posted:

I'm not even gonna try to say it's not an interesting fight with a lot of interesting possibilities, but I am going to say that in a division where guys like Vera, Sandhagen, Dvalishvili, Yan and (unfortunately) O'Malley are all fighting to justify contendership, having Henry Cejudo walk off three years of retirement into an immediate title shot makes me feel very, very tired.

Imo the fact that none of them are obvious contenders means an immediate title shot for Cejudo makes sense. Each of those dudes probably needs one more win before they should really get a shot, so why not slide Cejudo back in?

The more annoying part is that Dana’s fighter pay policy made Cejudo sit out for three years in the tail end of his prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I was at dinner but it sounds as though Jake is a journeyman level fighter and Tommy is a slightly better journeyman level fighter?