Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the worst thing Dana White has ever done? Vote for as many as you want.
This poll is closed.
End sponsorships so fighters are completely dependent on the UFC's pay 62 10.56%
Ban elaborate entrances and custom gear unless you're a company favorite 43 7.33%
Align himself and the UFC with Donald Trump 53 9.03%
Abuse his wife and somehow guilt MMA media for reporting about it 60 10.22%
Go on a homophobic, misogynist rant about Loretta Hunt and play free speech martyr thereafter 48 8.18%
Compare pay-per-view pirates to Osama bin Laden 40 6.81%
Argue so poorly that he somehow made Jake Paul the good guy 46 7.84%
Allow Logan Paul to own the colors Red and Blue 36 6.13%
Create Conor McGregor 36 6.13%
Blackball the entire American Kickboxing Academy until they signed away lifetime likeness rights 49 8.35%
Use Marlon Vera's daughter's medical needs for advertising, then make fans crowdfund it 49 8.35%
Create the Power Slap League 54 9.20%
Post your own and then vote for it 11 1.87%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Troy Queef posted:

It’s all because that KSI fella is absolutely massive in the UK, no?

(Also I had it once because it was 2 for $3 at a quickie mart here. Went straight back to BioSteel.)

Old thread reply, but I can't say I'd consider him more notable than literally any other UK YouTuber, even considering I do sort of keep up with the circles KSI involves himself in, i.e. boxing etc.

I think it's more that the UK is loving braindead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The fencing position is when your arms go all stiff and out.

Maybe not the most textbook example but an easily remembered one would be Terry Etim being murdered

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

Can't read this but maybe it has more specific complaints:

google lens really just says it's saying the obvious, like weird shape, wrinkling, wrap over hole and suspicious looking

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fun to read the general internet copium about Fedor having even half a chance despite him not having a good fight in nearly a decade and a half.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want Jake Paul vs Fedor.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

only if their mouthpieces fall out and catapult into Floyd Mayweather in the crowd and knock him out too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fedor Vs Rogers was fourteen years ago, in case anyone wanted an existential crisis about life going way too quick

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

I just realized the volk super fight is THIS WEEK after a coworker mentioned it and I haven't heard poo poo about this fight being promoted whatsoever, am I crazy??? I've heard way more about dana's white power and other poo poo (jon jones, conor, etc) than i would like. Nothing about this fight at all. Anyone else???

because this is how dana white's brain works

"i could gently caress those little guys up they're tiny this fight isn't going to sell so i'm not going to market it"

but also works like this

"yeah sure my heavyweight champion looks like a god and has a body sculpted to perfection, and could make me more money than anyone else ever, but he thinks he has rights so gently caress that"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

they did bring you in to lose, but they also brought you in to not get paid by someone else, sorry friend.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if i were a betting man, i'd put my dollar on what's his name, the 155 champ, idk, holding volk down for most of the fight, however long it lasts.

would love to see volk win though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 11, 2023

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's gonna get old and slow down eventually or retire before it.
Just hope it's your turn in the beating list when it happens if he does lose a step

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if he commits to 155 full time and builds his body without having to consider going 145, he'd take the w the next time out imo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CarlCX posted:

It is at this point arguable that effective grappling ISN'T weighted equally to striking anymore, and that is a loving issue.

i think there's also a problem of effective defense being weighted less valuably than ineffective offence.
you can stand in the middle throwing and missing but if you're slipping the punches, you'll look like you're losing despite making the dude miss and waste energy

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TheKingslayer posted:

Defense is it's own reward.

I wish it was this way in boxing so Floyd Mayweather lost a lot

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the volk/islam fight's at least a good example of pointing out people who think MMA is strictly a fight between people and the dude who got busted up most should lose and if they don't it's bullshit vs people who realise it's a contest where you score points against rules through the medium of punching people and poo poo. i'd never argue the rules and criteria for scoring are even great, but that's what the sport is, not just a punch up.

same reason why people think a close fight can't possibly be a "49-46" or a "4-1" "5-0" and that all close fights have to be "3-2".
it's totally possible to win a fight 50-45 but all of those rounds be razor close things where the defining round winning factor is a single scramble across the entire five minute round. it's quite unlikely that'd be the case. i think there was a josé aldo fight like that? maybe even the UFC 200 one that was posted about recently?

but people also seem to think that if the final round is close as hell/dominant for the fighter who lost the previous 4, that means the other rounds should be re-evaluated.

trying to get that point across to people is an exercise in frustration, so it's not worth trying to make the point.

tl;dr - people fuckin dumb

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i suppose where they are on the list is always highly debateable or whatever, but alex under islam on a p4p list is hard to defend when the general consensus and evidence suggests that alex would win if they were genuinely the same fighting size.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Implement the eye test for all aspects.

Fighter X would have won because the other dude got hosed up but he looks like a juicer so dq

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

If it wasn't grossly unethical that'd be hilarious.

if it's not specific people, and it's not saying it will be, what's unethical about it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

i wish all domestic abusers would humiliate themselves in progressively more embarrassing ways.

Someone post a collection of domestic abusers getting owned please.

Add Brandon Schaub too, he looks the type

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone tell Marquardt about the oil dome.

And yeas that post is about brandon "not sure what brain injury youre referring to my man" poo poo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it's still as good now, aging like finest wine

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Getting ads to buy tickets for a UK Brandon Schaub "comedy" tour...

Think getting my brain smashed by a mallet would be preferable

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

What's the difference

you might survive a mallet attack without fatal brain trauma

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

Fight Week, Pet Week - Bellator 291 Edition

Amosov's dogosov (As always, we here at FWPW do not condone cropping dog ears)

drat right we don't
staffies/pitties/similar bullies have the fuckin cutest ears on earth i don't know why people are dumb enough to deny themselves that pleasure of getting to mess with them all day every day

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

conor could piss so hot it cuts a hole through the earth and the ufc would cover it up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't understand trendy shoes of nowadays.

Nierbos aren't bad, but some of them like clown shoes mixed with platforms

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

my dude has more money than 99.99999999999999999999999999% of the people in the world and still dresses like that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

he certainly has the biggest, girthiest skull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm channeling a spirit bomb for ciryl gane to knock jones cold