Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the worst thing Dana White has ever done? Vote for as many as you want.
This poll is closed.
End sponsorships so fighters are completely dependent on the UFC's pay 62 10.56%
Ban elaborate entrances and custom gear unless you're a company favorite 43 7.33%
Align himself and the UFC with Donald Trump 53 9.03%
Abuse his wife and somehow guilt MMA media for reporting about it 60 10.22%
Go on a homophobic, misogynist rant about Loretta Hunt and play free speech martyr thereafter 48 8.18%
Compare pay-per-view pirates to Osama bin Laden 40 6.81%
Argue so poorly that he somehow made Jake Paul the good guy 46 7.84%
Allow Logan Paul to own the colors Red and Blue 36 6.13%
Create Conor McGregor 36 6.13%
Blackball the entire American Kickboxing Academy until they signed away lifetime likeness rights 49 8.35%
Use Marlon Vera's daughter's medical needs for advertising, then make fans crowdfund it 49 8.35%
Create the Power Slap League 54 9.20%
Post your own and then vote for it 11 1.87%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
i’m not sure if mark or his daughters look older relative to the original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I want Jake Paul vs Fedor.
and I want it to end in a completely unsatisfying clash of heads NC

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ilmucche posted:

I hope the winner takes the mic and says "I want to thank uhhh the uhhh..... president of the ufc for giving me this opportunity" then is promptly stripped of the title and has their contract terminated
would be the best post-fight since Khabib’s goomba-stomp

Maybe even the best since Mayhem getting 209’d

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Anderson, GSP, Penn and Aldo overlapped, right? Even if I’m wrong and you have scratch Penn, that’s my clear winner without having to account for anyone else.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CommonShore posted:

They did! But Anderson, GSP, Aldo, overlapped with Jon Jones and Cain.
yes but i do not like jon jones

Digital Jedi posted:

So this photo
:hmmorks:

This lineup is good enough to endure Jon Jones imho

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Cain endeared himself to me by making Brock breakdance and losing to Werdum because his “legendary” cardio couldn’t handle Mexico City.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

MassRafTer posted:

GSP could do it too in a more clinical way, just look at what he did to Kos. But it didn't feel like the way a Cain mauling felt.
I will never forget the look on Koschek’s face after he spent his entire hype time for the first fight saying GSP had never faced a wrestler on his level, and then got cleanly double-legged in the opening ten seconds.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 7, 2023

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Lucasar posted:

Volkanovski has this quality where people fighting him just never look comfortable, like they can't find their groove or something. I'm not even sure what it is he is doing to create that effect, but he's a real octagon general out there. And his work ethic and game planning are undeniable. I won't be surprised if Makhachev can overpower him, but I will be surprised if he can frustrate him.

I think Volkanovski also has an admirable quality where he doesn't make any pretensions to being some kind of genius at fighting or some kind of natural born warrior or whatever bull poo poo. He's a professional who works hard to do well at his job, and he doesn't take any of his opponents' skills lightly, which is frankly refreshing.
Ditto on the first part; I first noticed that when Volk applied just enough pressure that Aldo never seemed like he could set up for leg kicks. Aldo wasn't making the same use of them that he did during his WEC and UFC title reigns at that point, but the constant upset from Volk's movement was frustrating just to watch.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
My understanding is USADA will go anywhere, but if the state might have an interest in their champions and can mire the agents in visa red tape to let athletes cycle off then I’m generally suspicious about the random element.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
how does this guy consistently post harder than his nut shot on Rockhold

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Lid posted:

went through that thread and I still hold TJ Dillashaw was a Dominick Cruz cover band, but i cant wait til you get to the post-event comments because someone comes in with a reaaaaal spicy take that derails the thread
Umm… do they still post here :sweatdrop:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

GTO posted:

Sorry to hear about your dog Carl
:glomp:

That blows, Carl. We're very thankful you took the time to do any write-up at all, and that one was still your usual top quality.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 9, 2023

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

Power slap is so loving stupid I can't wait to quote this post in 2mo when it's canceled
can pre-recorded sports win Emmys

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CarlCX posted:

3) Aldo did, however, give him a full on uppercut to the balls that was briefly in jeopardy of stopping the fight
<bad lip sync> Your Philly Journeyman style cannot defeat my Walnut Condom atyle

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Copyright infringement is this account's peak gangsterism? :laugh:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
At one per month I think that’s a 2024 show…?

Also re: UFC 200 retrospective, I’ve always joked about being Anderson’s biggest fan but I forgot about Dangersim lol. The guy was on another level. God bless him; It’s not like I didn’t jump when Andy speared DC in the liver and made that fight look competitive for a second.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

Why can I feel this? The difference in wrestling was such that DC could phone his wife and kids on top of Andy while transitioning to side control. And DC's family would definitely hear a high pitch "Hello Mrs. DC, your husband is very strong!"
I laughed pretty hard at this one :xd:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CommonShore posted:

I scored the fight as a split decision:smugdog:
“I am only probabilistically as dumb as a fight judge!”

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

there's only one way to settle this. one person takes the back and locks in a body triangle. the other guy punches him in the face. see who taps first.
At weigh-ins the rules are decided by rolling a six-sided die to place the comma in “Two Men Enter One Man Leaves”.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
“Paul Daley boos own fight” is up there with Roidtech in my MMA videos Mt. Rushmore

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
A “real fight” is a chaotic, often drastically unfair sprint that has as much in common with White Power Slap League as it does with MMA. The Unified Rules might be a bit contrived but they still produce champions that are most likely to win a “real fight” that doesn’t start with a glass bottle to the back of the head (and frankly the bottle had better be full or they’re going to dumpster you anyway). They’re one of the last things I’d change about the sport given everything else wrong with it on the equity and promotional fronts.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 15, 2023

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

didn't mean to turn this into a my bad jobs thread
And now back to reading our old GDTs :laugh:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

had to watch that about 5 times to understand what i was seeing

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Boco_T posted:

Here's the video clip from the actual round, not the replay
https://streamable.com/3kqpcf
Thanks; I had to frame-skip to see it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Digital Jedi posted:

Would like to thank Big Dan for not stopping the fight in the first round after a knockdown or stopping the fight for the massive cut Watson had
Re: earlier ref chat... Manslaugher Miragliotta cleared some karmic debt with that one.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Lid posted:

A Brazilian called out Krav Maga as trash and fought two Krav Maga fighters at the same time to prove it.

https://twitter.com/infymma/status/1626680397688983561?s=46&t=0v57lFJymrg5jX7cAi_DGw
Pit Fighter is real

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I heard Twitter’s video playback was broken, but that’s way worse than I thought.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

blue footed boobie posted:

Jon Jones hasn’t fought in three years, and I think it’s been about two since I was excited to see him at heavyweight.
I’m less interested in the fight than how it gets scuttled by a Jones doping scandal / DUI tazing / violation of Treasury sanctions

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Someone with an ego like Conor’s can never get off the juice. I’d go 20 against a 10 he pops in pre-fight testing.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 23, 2023

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

LobsterMobster posted:

ive been duped by a copy pasta

one moment

e:

Lemme tell you a true story.
That was magnificent.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

LobsterMobster posted: