Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

In Training posted:

big thanks to whoever shared the tip of double swipes don't distinguish between sticks.and you can just do the same input two times in a row if you have

<- -> -><-

Enormous improvement to my game

that was me, np :cheersdoge: not played for a bit, need to get back on it.

I've been doing each title until the key unlocks to get another then moving on. Figure once they're all open I can play my favourites to the end or mix and match depending on mood

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Do the words seem real drowned out on some song? I was ready to jam to the Psycho Chocobo song or whatever it's called and I feel like the music is twice as loud as the vocals.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 25, 2023

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i think this game gave me carpal tunnel

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Zurtilik posted:

Do the words seem real drowned out on some songs. I was ready to Jam to the Psycho Chocobo song of whatever it's called and I feel like the music is twice as loud as the vocals.

Works on my machine, but I play with headphones on.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Kongming posted:

Works on my machine, but I play with headphones on.

Might give that a shot.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I did Crazy Chocobo on Supreme and it wasn't that bad until the end. I finished the song with hardly any health and like 40+ bad ratings and some misses as well, which is more a testament to my tank party setup than it is to my skill at the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Joined Kongming's lobby and this motherfucker is pulling out the Through the Fire and Flames of final fantasy while I die multiple times and he grinds our hoards of Collectacards. It owns lol I can't die in this mode so I get to see all the hosed up charts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

waiting for th switch in my brain to go off where supreme charts dont look like zodiac poo poo

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
kongming are you powerful enough at this point to state what the hardest song is? original theatrhythm it was definitely force your way and curtain call had a few contenders (crazy chocobo was up there)

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

kongming are you powerful enough at this point to state what the hardest song is? original theatrhythm it was definitely force your way and curtain call had a few contenders (crazy chocobo was up there)

Uh if you mean OVERALL hardest song it's probably one of the 16 rating ones but I haven't attempted those. I've attempted one 15 rated song (Battle 2 from Mystic Quest) and couldn't clear it.

If we're talking ultimate charts there were only a few that made me sweat. The ones I remember are Battle 3 from Mystic Quest, Hills of Destiny from Mystic Quest, Man with the Machine Gun from 8, Their Resting Place from X-2, and most of the Theathrythm medleys.

I've cleared several more supremes since my last video but I haven't uploaded any of them yet. I actually really like the FMS supremes but their are sadly too few of them. Usually I find FMS boring so it's a shame.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

all the mystic quest dongs make me sweat lol, absolutely brutal

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Fungah! posted:

Extremely good typo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ah poo poo lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Fungah! posted:

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Fungah! posted:

ah, so thats the mans name

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

man from the machine gun chart pissed me off so bad on the sight read. it & battle of the big bridge finale of the theatrhythm series series were the only ones that really tripped me up on ultimate. i can do any type of single note + stick direction patterns and speeds but i still lose my mind when anything but a basic hold pattern appears

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah I found my weakness is trigger + swipe followed by single trigger followed by trigger + swipe. I want to hit two buttons every time for some reason. So I just end up flubbing the whole section.

Also short holds but with a trigger in the middle of the hold. gently caress you Oblivion.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My worst pattern is multiple hold + swipe in a row. After like 2 I break down.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah! posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

hmm

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mystic Quest Dong Sweat

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Taking a Supreme dump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOwVgUO0iII The Castle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3de5WQr8UP8 The Extreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVlQPn7yoU Crazy Chocobo

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Mystic Quest Dong Sweat

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
my switch just predownloaded some DLC for this to play when it releases so googled and found this if anyone wants dates:

SaGa Pack: Feb. 16
Live A Live Pack: March 1
The World Ends with You Pack: March 15
NieR Pack: March 29
SaGa Pack Vol. 2: April 12
NieR Pack Vol. 2: April 26
Chrono Pack: May 17
Chrono Pack Vol. 2: June 7
Mana Pack: June 28
Octopath Traveler Pack: July 19
Saga Pack Vol. 3: Aug. 9
Mana Pack Vol. 2: Aug. 30
Xenogears Pack: Sept. 20
TBA Pack: Oct. 11
TBA Pack 2: Nov. 1

gonna stick in the first post too

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Both TBA packs will be epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hoping one is Bravely series.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hope we get the Gex and Kane & Lynch packs

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

hoping for SaGa pack 4 and SaGa pack 5, personally

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Brave Fencer Musashi and Bushido Blade

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I want more field music from a lot of the games. 14 barely touched it, and there's a lot of great area music missing: Ruby Sea, Rak'Tika, Amaurot, it would all be great to play.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Hoping one is Bravely series.

this

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

They really cut some of the lengthy boss tracks to the bone, like dancing mad. I wish there were longer versions in the free play mode

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

This game is cool but drat do i suck at it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

AdmiralViscen posted:

They really cut some of the lengthy boss tracks to the bone, like dancing mad. I wish there were longer versions in the free play mode

and on the other side of the spectrum we have the ff2 chocobo theme

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

This game is cool but drat do i suck at it

for rhythm games I generally just learned by clearing difficulties I have a hand on and going in order by sorting the song list by difficulty. in this game you have to actually unlock everything first so I guess play through on expert w/ lots of healing heroes while you get a handle on it

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'm kinda ok at rhythm games but the 'eh just press any button' part of it is loving me up as I panic and try to come up with the most efficient way to press any given button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

I'm kinda ok at rhythm games but the 'eh just press any button' part of it is loving me up as I panic and try to come up with the most efficient way to press any given button.

Oh yeah. I generally stick with L/R