Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I just use x for everything, and r1 for doubles. Alternate x and left on dpad if it’s a bunch of really fast singles in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yea ok posted:

I just use x for everything, and r1 for doubles. Alternate x and left on dpad if it’s a bunch of really fast singles in a row

:dogestare:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
thats about how i play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ff8 might be the biggest gap between how much I love the soundtrack and how much I don't like the game...mayhaps a replay is in order to resort my perspective

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Finished all the series on expert. Guess I'll crack into ultimate and also trying to clear some quests.

Was a good purchase. The game rules and it also makes me want to play some Final Fantast games again (and maybe actually finish them this time)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

They really cut some of the lengthy boss tracks to the bone, like dancing mad. I wish there were longer versions in the free play mode

ff advent children one-winged angel is like six minutes long lol, plus theres another like eight minute long one in ff series music I think

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

ff8 might be the biggest gap between how much I love the soundtrack and how much I don't like the game...mayhaps a replay is in order to resort my perspective

i did this in 2020 nd the games a messy bitch but it's cooler than i remember

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

FF8 is dope because it's basically the least thought out FF ever made, all the systems break open and make you super powerful if you're paying attention to how they work and the plot is nonsensical even when you know what's happening.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

After reviewing the 16 rated songs the Battle at the Big Bridge Theatrhythm remix is without a doubt the hardest song in the game. Advent Children One Winged Angel is second just due to its sheer length, it contains nearly 2200 triggers. I can't even clear 15 rated songs and these things are extremely over the top.

Also I continue to upload supreme clears but I don't want to spam the thread with my youtube videos so just check out my channel if you want to see them. Shameless plug.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

FF8 is dope because it's basically the least thought out FF ever made, all the systems break open and make you super powerful if you're paying attention to how they work and the plot is nonsensical even when you know what's happening.

This. Also triple triad ftmfw

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Do bosses appear randomly? Don’t know how I’m supposed to beat the boss in under 20 seconds when it doesn’t appear until the song is over. What’s a good setup to burn through these enemies?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Characters like Vincent who have attack all skills, and those who can double cast like vivi for magic or faris for physical are great for clearing out trash. Pair those with one or two characters specialized in high power boss killer attacks geared towards a boss weakness if any and you have a pretty decent setup (the double cast is great here too).

This gets a little more complicated sometimes because on some songs there are sub bosses that can burn through your boss ability uses so you might want somebody like noctis who can use his unlimited, or if the boss is at the front or back.

Either way works well enough for me on ultimate or below so far

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

Do bosses appear randomly? Don’t know how I’m supposed to beat the boss in under 20 seconds when it doesn’t appear until the song is over. What’s a good setup to burn through these enemies?

i'm pretty sure those are beat the boss in 20 seconds once it shows up

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Fungah! posted:

yeah this was my interpretation. 20 seconds from boss appearance rather than from start of stage.

so a set of strong abilities triggered by boss arrival should shred through most of their health

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

yeah that's how it seems to work, because it definitely wouldn't be 20s from start with my skills yet I'm still clearing those quests

another thing I forgot about is summons, those help a lot with speed too (to get to the boss faster). grand summon on yuna helps a lot. generally when I fail these it's because my team takes too long on trash and I only see the boss for like, 5-10 seconds

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

I know that. Just on some of these I can’t get to the boss until the song is over.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Do more damage

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

This

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

magna insomnia can go to hell!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I turned on the auto for big bridge theatrhythm to see what's up from kongming's post and got a little sick lol

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I don't even trust my Switch to properly register inputs that fast. Let alone getting my fingers to do what I see.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

There are three different versions of Battle on the Big Bridge and each one is harder than the last lol gently caress offf

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

There are three different versions of Battle on the Big Bridge and each one is harder than the last lol gently caress offf

premium songs add three more

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

having the phone games in this is such a troll

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

drat every mobius song sounds lke a computer getting hosed up the rear end

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

they should've dropped the phone games and put in more crystal chronicles songs

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

They should've added ten more Battle at the Big Bridge remixes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

They should have added My Hands by Leona Lewis and New World by Charice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAU0e7_OQQA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1vd0z3SLYo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the dx pack is really obviously the "please pay the license fee for these songs" pack

but yes it should also have ff15 stand by me

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyuvcD7vdy0

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

they should've dropped the phone games and put in more crystal chronicles songs

this

Evil Eagle posted:

They should have added My Hands by Leona Lewis and New World by Charice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAU0e7_OQQA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1vd0z3SLYo

this

elf help book posted:

the dx pack is really obviously the "please pay the license fee for these songs" pack

but yes it should also have ff15 stand by me

this

this

Kongming posted:

They should've added ten more Battle at the Big Bridge remixes

and especially this

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Couple more ffxiv songs and some arrangements from distant worlds would be cool too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

one of the ??? dlc packs bein distant worlds would be kickass

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I just hope they're both not FF16 packs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should add FF17 music

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

drat, dude. The JP gods are on the case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrcYkI7WQO4

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Kongming posted:

God drat

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Kongming posted:

lol drat. I wanna see what this person's hands are doing to do this

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

That's the second JP uploader I've seen post a video with the Live Mode display but hiding the controller inputs. Trade secrets, perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Kongming posted:

That's the second JP uploader I've seen post a video with the Live Mode display but hiding the controller inputs. Trade secrets, perhaps?

if they turned it on youd simply see a glowing orb