Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Theatrhythm Final Bar Line comes out on 16th Feb and is I think the third one of these to come out after two on 3DS. The first one was decent but low on songs, with only about 3 per FF unless you bought DLC. Curtain Call was the second one and was probably the best rhythm game on the 3DS and maybe one of the best 3DS games in general. All the songs & DLC from the first game were in the base game, plus new DLC from other non-FF square games like saga and chrono trigger.

This one's supposed to have 385 songs in the base game plus DLC so it's gonna be ridiculously huge, thankfully FF music owns. coming to Switch and Steam and there's currently a demo out with 30 songs + progress carried over to main game.

there's three versions to get. base game, digital deluxe which has 27 extra songs + the first DLC season, premium digital deluxe which has the 27 songs + all the DLC. i'm bad with money and also square's bitch so i'm getting the premium one.

Curtain Call's battle mode was really good, 1v1 playing songs but you could send poo poo to mess up the other player, and I think this one has the same mode but 4 player. hoping we can get some imp games going. not sure if there's crossplay but i'm getting the switch one.

also There is no dedicated IZ thread for rhythm games so thought this could double up as that. some other rhythm games:

groove coaster - very good but expensive. lots of touhou remixes which are good but also vtuber poo poo.
muse dash - great gameplay, designed by perverts
taiko no tatsujin - drums. better with the controller but still fun without.
ddr - the classic
guitar hero/rock band - lol

Theatrhythm DLC Schedule

SaGa Pack: Feb. 16
Live A Live Pack: March 1
The World Ends with You Pack: March 15
NieR Pack: March 29
SaGa Pack Vol. 2: April 12
NieR Pack Vol. 2: April 26
Chrono Pack: May 17
Chrono Pack Vol. 2: June 7
Mana Pack: June 28
Octopath Traveler Pack: July 19
Saga Pack Vol. 3: Aug. 9
Mana Pack Vol. 2: Aug. 30
Xenogears Pack: Sept. 20
TBA Pack: Oct. 11
TBA Pack 2: Nov. 1

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Dr. Cool Aids fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
i think it is just pronounced like the words theatre and rhythm next to each other. really bad name

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Syncopated posted:

No Elite Beat Agents in the OP? smh. I scratched the poo poo out of my DS lite playing that.

literally just plucked a few out my head but good shout. Should've mentioned osu! really which is like the stepmania for that series. the first ouendan was the first ds game I imported

rhythm heaven is also good, been meaning to check out melatonin

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
can't believe I forgot parappa the rapper too

by way of apology here's the jay z mashup that works way too well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX61Ze6rfRk

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Kongming posted:

This took too long to do. I probably could get SS if I stop screwing up the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPSD2N7ntbo

christ supreme looks insane. I found Ultimate pretty manageable on curtain call but I was 100% a stylus player so still getting used to the button controls

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
filling out every critical chart is the big timesink

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

They didn't put my favorite FF in the demo so I have to buy the full game. Simple as

thr music is the best part of basically every ff. I don't want to play mystic quest but I'll tap notes in time to the battle theme all dsy

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

they put mine in the demo and stopped me halfway into the series quest so i STILL gotta buy it

deliberately picked FF5 in the hope of getting to battle on the big bridge and got owned by this

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Kongming posted:

If you launch the demo today you get two free items to celebrate Aerith's and Ignis's birthdays.

:tipshat:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I forgot to boot the game up for the double birthday :negative: ignis, aeris/th.....forgive me

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
turned the switch on and game is now preloaded. icon taunts me

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
trying to rush la-mulana a bit as I doubt I'll be giving it nearly as much attention when this drops

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
game unlocked (just past midnight here) and very grateful I'm not workin tomorrow

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
looks like you get villains when you clear a series btw. got sephiroth at the end of ff7

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

I got the tude now posted:

lightning           the cooler lightning

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I do like the quests as a way to incentivize you to mix up your team. Like one was to kill the boss with an ice attack and having looked at my roster at the time, only one character i had unlocked mentioned ice spells in their description

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
got it :cheers: both rocking the chocobo costume on the moogle

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

yea ok posted:

i was feeling confident in taking on supreme soon but then the end of the Theatrhythm series series kicked my rear end a few times on ultimate. any chart that has you juggling holds with single notes & tossing in multi notes gets me every time and i can only assume supreme has way more of that

yeah it's always doubles that contain holds that trip me up. usually because I've forgotten to let go at the end

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
experience should stay pretty plentiful, there's also the growth egg items that boost your gains for the next song

another tip you might have noticed but just in case: for double stick notes it doesn't care which stick goes in which direction. so if you get two arrows pointing in towards each other followed by away from each other, you can just push the sticks inwards twice (because left and right are still getting hit)

think I explained that badly but hope it makes sense

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
actually that's the best tip so far

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
you asked way back if we prefer bursts on or off in multi. I agree it's mario kart poo poo and a straight test of just playing the song is more honourable

that said I definitely want bursts on if we ever battle because otherwise I got no loving chance lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
is 9 bad on switch? I played it to completion and didn't have issues

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

In Training posted:

big thanks to whoever shared the tip of double swipes don't distinguish between sticks.and you can just do the same input two times in a row if you have

<- -> -><-

Enormous improvement to my game

that was me, np :cheersdoge: not played for a bit, need to get back on it.

I've been doing each title until the key unlocks to get another then moving on. Figure once they're all open I can play my favourites to the end or mix and match depending on mood

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
kongming are you powerful enough at this point to state what the hardest song is? original theatrhythm it was definitely force your way and curtain call had a few contenders (crazy chocobo was up there)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Fungah! posted:

all the mystic quest dongs make me sweat lol, absolutely brutal

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
my switch just predownloaded some DLC for this to play when it releases so googled and found this if anyone wants dates:

SaGa Pack: Feb. 16
Live A Live Pack: March 1
The World Ends with You Pack: March 15
NieR Pack: March 29
SaGa Pack Vol. 2: April 12
NieR Pack Vol. 2: April 26
Chrono Pack: May 17
Chrono Pack Vol. 2: June 7
Mana Pack: June 28
Octopath Traveler Pack: July 19
Saga Pack Vol. 3: Aug. 9
Mana Pack Vol. 2: Aug. 30
Xenogears Pack: Sept. 20
TBA Pack: Oct. 11
TBA Pack 2: Nov. 1

gonna stick in the first post too

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Fungah! posted:

i'm pretty sure those are beat the boss in 20 seconds once it shows up

yeah this was my interpretation. 20 seconds from boss appearance rather than from start of stage.

so a set of strong abilities triggered by boss arrival should shred through most of their health

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

http---gamez-musik.net- Moby- Chocobo ~FFXII Version~ Travel Theme [Fatboy Slim Remix]CDRip(Full).mp3

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

In Training posted:

Lmfao at this song..what the hell is this from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axV_EyPxyCk&t=147s

just reached this one in series quest and lol again

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

In Training posted:

TWEWY music got added!!

had a quick run of em on ultimate, good poo poo. I still need to play the sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
bumping this poo poo because the chrono trigger tracks are out :letsgo: