Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I know this isn't really the point you're trying to make op, but I've gotta say it: I'm sick of this ALS poo poo. it's not ALS. it's Lou Gherig's Disease. it's his, and you can never take that away from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This next one is the first song on our new album.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

I've always believed dying should be as comfortable and painless as possible.

you sick son of a bitch.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol and praytell, cb, what exactly is a gypsy wagon?

I bet it’s something out of a discontinued white wolf sourcebook.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sounds like a racist version of paddy wagon

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Colonel Cancer posted:

Sounds like a racist version of paddy wagon

With more bling.

Racist bling, probably.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Imagine dying by tazing your balls, to death.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lol and praytell, cb, what exactly is a gypsy wagon?

Omg stop sayin pray tell. Alright imagine you take a vortex, and you make that vortex a spindle, and then you hard mount an ordinal jet engine on the front end..

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Omg stop sayin pray tell. Alright imagine you take a vortex, and you make that vortex a spindle, and then you hard mount an ordinal jet engine on the front end..

don't you loving dare try to police my language too

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I found a new way to doom scroll at work - I pick a random date in the last year or so, and look at the patient schedules to see who shows up as "To the estate of..."

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

don't you loving dare try to police my language too

You can take him out the ren fair but you can’t take the ren fair outta him.. :thunkin:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Don't they say dentists have the highest rate of suicide

Don't do it op

People care about you regardless of your feelings about women crapping in your office bathroom

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Cobra Commander posted:

Imagine dying by tazing your balls, to death.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
imagine being afraid to die

lmao

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

Don't they say dentists have the highest rate of suicide

Don't do it op

People care about you regardless of your feelings about women crapping in your office bathroom

That's probably a fluid superlative but I remember hearing anesthesiologists had the highest rate of suicide.

It's ease of access to methods. They got the best way to go out.

One of the reason suicides are prevalent and rising here in the US, is that you can buy a gun at the gas station 24/7

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Multiple strokes are a terrible thing to witness and experience with someone you love. My dad had his first one when he was only 33 and I was a year old, but it didn’t affect him much until he had his next one at 63. That one robbed him of a lot of precious everyday things he took joy and pride in, and he was much slower and careful at everything as a result. By the time he had his third one at 70, he was basically invalid and needed help with everything. Before he passed away in 2021, I believe he may have had another mini stroke because he was a little worse for wear and basically a silent vegetable by then.

Watching an encyclopedia of song who loved playing guitar and singing for people’s enjoyment at karaoke turn into a silent decrepit husk of a person is an ultimate fate I wouldn’t want to wish on anyone.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
My uncle (dad's younger brother) suffered a cancer relapse last year that didn't respond to treatment and died. He seemed on the road to recovery, but it suddenly got worse and he never really recovered. He was optimistic up until his last moments, even though he was in terrible pain. It hit the entire family hard, because in general we tend to live long lives and he didn't even make it to his old age. Broke me up something fierce too because I loved him a great deal and he was always good to me and the other kids in the household. Almost couldn't bear to be in the same room as his corpse during the funeral, and could barely eat or sleep for several days.

Sometimes life isn't fair, but at least he was able to live a good life while he could for as long as he did and he managed to get his children settled in life.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have recurring nightmares about becoming immortal. I am glad I live in the real world where I am guaranteed to die at some point. The idea of living forever seems like a personalised hell. I'm just here to twiddle about and do stuff until I bump off, and the only thing keeping me calm is knowing I don't have to do this forever.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The ALS horror mask wants you in Scream 7.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm immortal, ask me about eating my own poo poo 200,000 years ago

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I know this is a completely different vibe from the thread but the longer I live the more I believe that people would be happy living longer lives. We just figure out our crap and get to a point where we've paid stuff off and then we get sick and die. The trope of someone with immortal life getting bored doesn't work if you think about because every day has something new. If you had been born in 1820 you would have seen fast transportation go from horses to railroads to cars to airplanes to jets. Communication went from mail to telegrams to phones to now when you can chat face to face with someone on the other side of the globe without thinking it was anything abnormal. What's next?

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

OP, you don't have anything to worry about, absolutely nothing at all. Rest easy friend. Maybe a previous iteration of you already understood this. Maybe there are infinite versions of you reading this post right now and starting to get it. Do you feel them? It's ok if you don't. But in all seriousness : why worry about the inevitable?

We, us, the stars, the earth, your lovely posts : they're all going back to where they came from. Every last bit of everything will eventually succumb to The Void. An unspeakable (but not infinite) amount of time will pass and another universe will pop right out shiny and new. Ready to be pooped in.

So here we are again , always with such little time. Make the most of it OP and open up your heart. Smile in the face of the inevitable and laugh at the grandest joke of them all. You know this to be true. So say yes to love, say yes to lovely posts, but say NO to sad feelings. You got this.

See ya soon bud.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VckmK-ZCpAU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

:leavemtg:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Darth Brooks posted:

I know this is a completely different vibe from the thread but the longer I live the more I believe that people would be happy living longer lives. We just figure out our crap and get to a point where we've paid stuff off and then we get sick and die. The trope of someone with immortal life getting bored doesn't work if you think about because every day has something new. If you had been born in 1820 you would have seen fast transportation go from horses to railroads to cars to airplanes to jets. Communication went from mail to telegrams to phones to now when you can chat face to face with someone on the other side of the globe without thinking it was anything abnormal. What's next?

There's way too much stuff to see and do in the world to be worried about being jaded or bored, just in terms of literature or TV.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Goon (middle aged): "I have just realized I am going to die one day."

Goon (middle aged, or older): "No poo poo dipshit. Get on with it or shut up."

Goon (middle aged): "But I don't like it.'

Goons: "lol.'

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

In heaven they have that one track from Sonic Spinball playing all the time

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
If you want to get over your fear of death, I highly recommend DMT.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

kntfkr posted:

If you want to get over your fear of death, I highly recommend DMT.

Dick Mashing Turds

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ward off the fear of death with a saint medallion only 400 dollars for gold plated half inch at the catholic goods store

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Dick Mashing Turds

Dave Matthews Tickets

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

WalletBeef posted:

OP, you don't have anything to worry about, absolutely nothing at all. Rest easy friend. Maybe a previous iteration of you already understood this. Maybe there are infinite versions of you reading this post right now and starting to get it. Do you feel them? It's ok if you don't. But in all seriousness : why worry about the inevitable?

We, us, the stars, the earth, your lovely posts : they're all going back to where they came from. Every last bit of everything will eventually succumb to The Void. An unspeakable (but not infinite) amount of time will pass and another universe will pop right out shiny and new. Ready to be pooped in.

So here we are again , always with such little time. Make the most of it OP and open up your heart. Smile in the face of the inevitable and laugh at the grandest joke of them all. You know this to be true. So say yes to love, say yes to lovely posts, but say NO to sad feelings. You got this.

See ya soon bud.

Nah that sucks. I'm gonna be a robot some day.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Most middle aged men trapped in a sexless marriage start sucking dicks off Grindr around age 50 so you’ve got some catching up to do op

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

you could good really into anime...oh wait your here.,...nevermind

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
There's an estimate that about 117 billion members of our species have ever been born on Earth, in total.

109 billion of those people are long dead and the current 8 billion living people on earth will be mostly dead within 100 years

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
no moral

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Peace be with you. Amen.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Collapsing Farts posted:

There's an estimate that about 117 billion members of our species have ever been born on Earth, in total.

109 billion of those people are long dead and the current 8 billion living people on earth will be mostly dead within 100 years

That can't be right I'm pretty sure we're all supposed to die in 2023 according to that one GBS thread.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm immortal, ask me about eating my own poo poo 200,000 years ago

I've been told by my doctor that eating poo poo could be potentially harmful. Did eating the poo poo make you sick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

flubber nuts posted:

I've been told by my doctor that eating poo poo could be potentially harmful. Did eating the poo poo make you sick?

I threw up all the time and sometimes got so hungry after a day of nothing but hard roots and tubers that I would simply eat the vomit.