Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Is there a common or otherwise known phenomenon where some people get less anxious about mortality the older they get? Because I think I have that. Not in a depressive/suicidal way. Just generally I think, though I don’t want to die anytime soon, I’m more at peace with the idea of dying than I was, say, 10 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Don't become an uncle. The smarts you have are worth poo poo.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Zeluth posted:

Gunkle

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Make us whole again.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

When you die you return to the earth and you immediately have to hang out with the earth which is huge, smelly, and has no sense of privacy

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNFlk2B1ig8

Define sustenance.

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

Halisnacks posted:

Is there a common or otherwise known phenomenon where some people get less anxious about mortality the older they get? Because I think I have that. Not in a depressive/suicidal way. Just generally I think, though I don’t want to die anytime soon, I’m more at peace with the idea of dying than I was, say, 10 years ago.
That’s been my experience. It may just be a defense mechanism, but I know I was unusually preoccupied and terrified at the idea of just not existing anymore in my teens and 20s. Now, I still find it unsettling at times, but for the most part, I don’t worry about it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Black's smoke arising and it surely is a train, I'm on my long journey home OP.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Halisnacks posted:

Less anxious about the finality and permanence, more anxious about the quality of life issues and the circumstances of dying.
And you better have a plan b because lots of plan a stuff is unthinkable

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Dying sucks but being dead owns

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Actual Satan posted:

Being dead is actually insanely bad, that's why many people have eaten their own poo poo to survive@!!

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

I was 26 when I last saw a guy I knew, over Christmas holidays. They invited us over to a very nice dinner at his wives parents place and we had a great time talking about future plans and stuff. He was almost done with his studies to become an architect.

The next spring he was diagnosed with als and was dead in two years I think. It's been well over ten years and I still think about that last evening we shared. I don't think his wife still has had a relationship ever since :(

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Don't worry, she'll be dead too, soon

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 5, 2023

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Actual Satan posted:

Now you're thinking with mortals!

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

You've all been tricked deaths not even real.

I read this book "an introduction to the philosophy of time" by Kristie Miller and Sam Baron , it tries to give all sides of the argument on what time is but the models of time where there really isn't much of a present in the way we sense it are a lot more convincing. The books not about death or anything but if you kinda take it to its logical conclusion, the whole idea of death doesnt really work anymore. We're just not there in some times and we are there in others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Zeluth posted:

To commit every crime except for that of being an uncle