Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fluffdaddy posted:

We are speaking to everyone that has sent an email in the order they were sent.

This is the last thing I am typing about this for the night. Do not use this thread as mini qcs or you will be banned and 30d.

That isn't the point. The point is that the admin email seemed to be set up for emergencies which needed immediate attention, or things which involved sensitive subjects, and not to be used as a replacement for QCS, which would completely defeat the purpose of it. Like I can tell you for a fact that if someone was harassing or threatening me, I would not go to the complaint/feedback inbox.

And no, I don't think concerns about the emergency "email here if unsafe poo poo is happening" contact method should be moved privately, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i guess when you look at who sets direction it makes perfect sense

one direction? do we need to get mad at harry and sami about the forums?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

and honestly, the parental tone taken is so loving tiring man.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

rodbeard posted:

I'm pretty bummed out about what feels like a concentrated effort to drive out a lot of the posters I like from the community. You could have at least put some effort into making that thread for real.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rodbeard posted:

I'm pretty bummed out about what feels like a concentrated effort to drive out a lot of the posters I like from the community. You could have at least put some effort into making that thread for real.

I mean, yeah kinda

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

For PYF outside of sagas. If you got some feedback related to pyf outside of sagas feel free to post it.

have you heard the word "lacuna" in the philosophical sense? it means a hole, a gap. there is a hole, an obvious one, in pyf where sagas should be. please fill the hole.

Macinirol
Sep 27, 2011

Arivia posted:

have you heard the word "lacuna" in the philosophical sense? it means a hole, a gap. there is a hole, an obvious one, in pyf where sagas should be. please fill the hole.

This is a Question, Comment, AND a Suggestion. What the gently caress.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

rodbeard posted:

That thread feels like a very vindictive attempt at an insult.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
People only went into the GBS Ukraine thread because with QCS closed there's literally nothing anyone else can do to voice their displeasure with what's going on in that thread.

It got talked about in the sagas thread because again, with QCS closed, that was literally the only place where you could talk about the overarching state of the forums.

This is exactly what people warned you would happen when you closed QCS without an immediate replacement.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ammat The Ankh posted:

People only went into the GBS Ukraine thread because with QCS closed there's literally nothing anyone else can do to voice their displeasure with what's going on in that thread.

It got talked about in the sagas thread because again, with QCS closed, that was literally the only place where you could talk about the overarching state of the forums.

This is exactly what people warned you would happen when you closed QCS without an immediate replacement.

I agree with this and please do not destroy my account for saying so.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Macinirol posted:

This is a Question, Comment, AND a Suggestion. What the gently caress.

yeah well it's "all feedback" i don't have to follow the kafkaesque rules of having my qs, my cs, and my ss all separated out because we're not in QCS, oval office (i was born in and live in the commonwealth country of Canada so i can say the commonwealth bad word)

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

yea ok posted:

It's not supposed to be taken seriously. None of this is. The admins hate the users.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

yea ok posted:

It's not supposed to be taken seriously. None of this is. The admins hate the users.

I mean I totally get why the SA admins hate SA users. We're very hateable, but they're hating on the wrong users.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Arivia posted:

yeah well it's "all feedback" i don't have to follow the kafkaesque rules of having my qs, my cs, and my ss all separated out because we're not in QCS, oval office (i was born in and live in the commonwealth country of Canada so i can say the commonwealth bad word)

i dont know how i feel about this arent youse meant to be the polite ones?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i dont know how i feel about this arent youse meant to be the polite ones?

that's what we were supposed to be, but then boots and the ginger hosed an ostrich and it's just all loving CUNTS all the way down

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

as an experiment, why not try re-opening the sagas thread when qcs comes back? It didn't act like QCS when there actually was one

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

fun hater posted:

i think the moderation on this subforum sucks.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Ammat The Ankh posted:

i dearly hope that someone with the power to define any sort of policy on this website at least tries to read and comprehend this post

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i dearly hope that someone with the power to define any sort of policy on this website at least tries to read and comprehend this post

have you tried threads jeffrey actually reads like the board games thread in trad games (specifically about Frosthaven), the dungeon crawl: stone soup thread in games, or the old-school roleplaying games thread also in trad games. those are definitely what i think of when i think of questions, comments, and suggestions for running this website better.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

rodbeard posted:

I'm pretty bummed out about what feels like a concentrated effort to drive out a lot of the posters I like from the community.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

fun hater posted:

lmfao oh no. how many died?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

This was a needlessly lovely and retributive moderation action.

I am not going to make a throwaway email address to have my feedback deleted by a bunch of jaded absentees who don't want the voluntary community management roles they accepted. I will post it here, in the PYF Subforum feedback thread, as this action was taken in the PYF subforum.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
reopen qcs already. this is pathetic. the lack of transparency from our fellow posters in the trappings of authority is bullshit.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
OP if some psycho is threatening me offsite or threatening to call my boss irl, who should I contact, because I don't think the "emergency alert inbox" being used as a complaint box makes me confident that it will be taken seriously

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That fun hater probe is poo poo.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Roth posted:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

if you don't want people to complain about lovely moderation all over the forums then reopen QCS, the forum specifically for those types of posts

if you don't want people containing about lovely moderation in QCS, maybe try doing a better job at moderating so people have less stuff to complain about?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Politics and video games makes most of the money here and you do not do anything that fucks with the money flow. Every high level decision made on this site makes perfect sense if you always keep that in mind.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Roth posted:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
"Thank you for your feedback."

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Always be grifting politics, I applaud the hustle Jeff

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Roth posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

1. I am reopening this thread and unless an admin closes it, I’m leaving it open.

2. I am genuinely on a vacation (a month-long vacation!). It’s my first trip in 3 years since covid started and this is the first time I get to do more than just work, family and forums stuff all the time. That it also coincided with the forums being extremely fail is a big hearty lol, I wish I could say all of these was all pre-mediated to destroy me and I get to be self-righteously mad about it, but nah I trust goons to be good people and everyone’s reaction to me being on holiday has been very positive, which I genuinely appreciate.

3. I did get to see those giraffes lmao. I still don’t understand how the gently caress they even exist or work. In fact yesterday when I finally got to see the giraffes, my friends saw me being visibly upset and took my phone away from me for most of the rest of the day other than to let me call family. There’s a video of me going down a slide being performatively pissed off hidden in someone’s phone gallery.

4. PYF is a subforum generally known for coldly compiling lists and for people to look at things they enjoy and have a little laugh, a little talk or reveal a little cringe about. This is what us mods and IKs of PYF signed up for when we first agreed to moderate this dumb place. Absolutely none of us were expecting to moderate a thread as volatile as the PYF Sagas/Drama thread, and let’s not pretend I didn’t fumble a bunch in the early months of the thread (e.g. closing the thread, threadbanning people, mod voice writing). I can say I wasn’t consulted or advised with respect to the closing of the Sagas/Drama thread and the subsequent matters, but I trust my colleague to have done what they assumed would be the best course of action under the circumstances they were put into (I mean I was also looking at giraffes and they were kind enough to assume I won’t be moderating while looking at them). There really isn’t any benefit to speculating what these circumstances are other than getting ourselves worked out - I did for a whole evening lmao until my friends, bless them, told me I was being a grumpy fuckass and to stop - but what’s done is done and please don’t give the PYF co-mods poo poo over this.

5. I’ve briefly spoken to admins about the whole situation, and I said hey can I just reopen the Saga/Drama thread with pics of giraffe and everyone will just slap their knees and laugh then talk about video games, and was summarily denied. My personal stance is in agreement with

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

guessing certain mods and admins hate this thread but in terms of the goal of making people hang out in places other than their own subforum it's probably the biggest success. there's people from everywhere in here

To sum up this whole recent thing is extremely bad and dumb and I believe a bit (a lot) of a fuckup. Right now, tensions are high throughout and it’s a bit of a delicate situation but I’m gonna do what I can, I’ll try my best to talk to the admin team and get some wrongs righted as well. I don’t think the thread is gonna come back for a while, but I know the thread has also become sort of a melting pot of different forumgoers (and even mods!) to chill and hang out and shoot the poo poo and maybe someone gets destroyed once in a while, and I think it’s in a good place. A good place - which can be better.

For now, please feel free to use the PYF CHAT THREAD to hang out, but it comes with a huge caveat that it shouldn’t involve discussions of drama or other goons being extremely weird in other spots. I’ll personally moderate that thread for now.

6. On feedback to admins and mods, I’m made aware something is being put in place which should be announced in the near future (when? I dunno lol). So until then the email will have to do for now.

7. In general being a moderator I believe the community should be the priority and I’m gonna work on helping people here, until and unless they make me resign or the thread “KILL AND LYNCH RHINO AND TAKE HIS HORN” appears in the mod forums. (PLEASE NOTE: this is neither an invitation nor a resignation letter)

8. Today is laundry day but I’m in a little house on top of a mountain, gently caress nature is beautiful. Being outside rules so hard.

9. I am sorry this message is so late and everything is so ridiculous, but once again I genuinely appreciate everyone who has come to congregate in our weird little part of the forums.

The Saddest Rhino has a new favorite as of 23:38 on Feb 21, 2023

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

grats on the giraffes

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I can't believe you're having to work on this while on vacation. Please enjoy yourself Rhino.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Thank you Rhino, please enjoy your vacation and do not pay attention to the forums which theoretically should be perfectly functional despite your absence

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I don't recall giving you permission to quote me you big titted poo poo.

enjoy your holiday.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Rhino will probably be demodded soon but I don't know if he'll jump or be pushed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

6. On feedback to admins and mods, I’m made aware something is being put in place which should be announced in the near future (when? I dunno lol). So until then the email will have to do for now.

As far as I remember, the emergency email was created for instances where the admin team hosed up and missed important things, including things related to user safety (e.g. offsite stalking/doxxing) in PMs/reports. Using it as a replacement for QCS isn't a good idea. Threatening to ban+30 me for discussing something related to user safety was an extremely bad idea, and I still can't believe that was posted.

I know this wasn't you, but this poo poo is just bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Rhino will probably be demodded soon but I don't know if he'll jump or be pushed.

I’ll fire him personally.