Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

American soda is too sweet and feels kind of dusty in my throat. I hate all of it. My exception is Mello Yello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Ordering... w-w-wraps? Buddy, are you feelin ok?

Sometimes it’s nice mix up one’s tendie consumption form factor :shrug:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no cannibalism except in cases of flavormergency

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
everyone who works for intuit deserves to be beheaded except for the c-suite who deserves to be crucified

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I hate ranch with a fiery passion except for ranch powder on pretzels, which is weirdly delightful.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
I like most tomato products but hate tomatoes themselves

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
you're weird das boo

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I like pickles, except on burgers.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Das Boo posted:

I hate ranch with a fiery passion except for ranch powder on pretzels, which is weirdly delightful.

Same except no exceptions.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Nougat and caramel are disgusting, unless they're in a Snickers bar.

dsf posted:

Same

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

When I order something like a Buffalo chicken wrap I get it with no blue cheese, just straight buffalo :twisted:

you have just made a friend for life.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Das Boo posted:

I hate romantic comedies except for Some Like It Hot.
I like all flavors of nuts except pecans. And yours.

Tell me your goddamn exceptions.

That's because Some Like It Hot is amazing.

not a huge fan of duck blood except when served with stinky tofu.

not a big soda person either but an icy cold Barq's root beer on a hot day is great.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I like most games unless they have microtransactions

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

czech food is mediocre, but smažák when you are drunk is amazing.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

kntfkr posted:

you're weird das boo

My inconsistencies are mundane and inexplicable!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

czech food is mediocre, but smažák when you are drunk is amazing.

And I am not entirely sure what this is, but I will eat the gently caress outta it.

e: I looked it up and know what it is and will eat the gently caress outta it!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

kntfkr posted:

everyone who works for intuit deserves to be beheaded except for the c-suite who deserves to be crucified

spitting facts

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I like most goons and posters, except…

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Das Boo posted:

My inconsistencies are mundane and inexplicable!

And I am not entirely sure what this is, but I will eat the gently caress outta it.

e: I looked it up and know what it is and will eat the gently caress outta it!

hell yeah, it's fried cheese. for a meal.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

teen witch posted:

I like most goons and posters, except…

the mods

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

In some instances you are bang the gently caress on

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Music and food are two easy ones.

Music example: I don't care for most rap; the gang-banging, guns, money, ho's type stuff. Except over the years though a few artists stand out. I remember a DJ Shadow from the late '90s that essentially rapped about social commentary and justice. Good voice, good beats, good themes.

Food example: Grocery shopping and picking out something like swiss cheese. The name brand is probably better tasting except the store brand is half the cost.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Internetjack posted:

Music and food are two easy ones.

Music example: I don't care for most rap; the gang-banging, guns, money, ho's type stuff. Except over the years though a few artists stand out. I remember a DJ Shadow from the late '90s that essentially rapped about social commentary and justice. Good voice, good beats, good themes.

Food example: Grocery shopping and picking out something like swiss cheese. The name brand is probably better tasting except the store brand is half the cost.

wow, a Murphy brown episode came to life.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

NoiseAnnoys posted:

wow, a Murphy brown episode came to life.

I'm pretty sure Murphy Brown was filmed with live people.

E: except they could have all been immortal vampires or some such thing.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

teen witch posted:

Ska can gently caress off but anything pre-90s is fine.

Make it pre-70s and it’s some of the best music ever. Post 80s and it’s some of the worst.

quote:

If punk is anywhere near it just put it into the toilet.

Agreed but my exception is operation ivy.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

dsf posted:

i honestly feel like this is the norm rather than the exception

raw tomatoes are hella stupid. without proper layering they sog up a sandwich or burger, they don't taste very good without other ingredients

eating a tomato raw? maybe if its a cherry tomato fresh from the garden, otherwise get the gently caress out of here

but they're absolutely necessary for sauces and salsas

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

American soda is too sweet and feels kind of dusty in my throat. I hate all of it. My exception is Mello Yello
It's so weird there's no in-between in this country. You're either getting 50+ grams of sugar in a serving (MY has 46g), or like 1. Any of the Odwalla-style shakes/juices are just as loaded with sugar, including their protein shakes. If you're suffering from chronic anxiety that is attacking your appetite/stomach, that poo poo will just make it worse. Cracks me up that parents are like, "No you have to drink juice instead of soda" when there is rarely a difference.

After a while you give up trying to find a middle-ground and just become a water drinker.

I did find this stuff called "Wave" recently that is a soda with about 5g sugar added through juice concentrates and I'm pretty satisfied with the flavor. When I hit fast food I grab the Minute Maid Pink Lemonade because it has < 20g.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Raw tomatoes are mostly whatever, but those little orange tomatoes are kick major rear end. Just a perfect punch of sweet and tangy. Worth a dedicated spot in the garden.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Jelly posted:

It's so weird there's no in-between in this country. You're either getting 50+ grams of sugar in a serving (MY has 46g), or like 1. Any of the Odwalla-style shakes/juices are just as loaded with sugar, including their protein shakes. If you're suffering from chronic anxiety that is attacking your appetite/stomach, that poo poo will just make it worse. Cracks me up that parents are like, "No you have to drink juice instead of soda" when there is rarely a difference.

After a while you give up trying to find a middle-ground and just become a water drinker.

I did find this stuff called "Wave" recently that is a soda with about 5g sugar added through juice concentrates and I'm pretty satisfied with the flavor. When I hit fast food I grab the Minute Maid Pink Lemonade because it has < 20g.

I got really into ITO-EN Unsweetened Green Tea abroad and they sell it at Wegmans but the price has jumped from like $2 for a jug to $6 for their own stupid generic.

I guess I could make my own unsweetened chilled green tea but I am not gonna.

Seltzer is still cheap.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Jelly posted:

There are some in between bespoke beverage manufacturers these days like Tractor but the problem is they're absurdly expensive because of how small they are compared to the big dogs, they can't really afford to (or don't want to) manufacture and sell in bottles or cans so they can only sell it as bulk concentrate for soda fountains/restaurants/etc with the smallest batches orderable being ~28 gallons' worth for $170.

All the Tractor drinks I've tried are really good though if you ever stop by a restaurant that has them, especially if they're mixing it with carbonated water to make soda :kiddo: I would absolutely keep a sixer of it in my fridge if that was a possibility

e: They do have about 30g of sugar per 12oz but it is at least straight up cane sugar and not high fructose corn syrup.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 7, 2023

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I got a magic bullet for free through work and that thing is super awesome. I bought some nice protein mix and now I just make delicious healthy protein shakes whenever I want. Usually just keep a banana or two on hand and maybe another fruit and then all you need is ice, milk and some chocolate syrup if I'm feeling adventurous.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Speaking of nut - I hate mixed nuts - except the peanuts and cashews. I pick those out and eat them. I agree gently caress the pecans, but also screw the Brazil nuts and macadamia nuts. And almonds - unless they are covered in chocolate, I don't want them.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Is there any nut you like?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Despite my sp00ky aesthetic, I’ll never, ever give a poo poo about Nick Cave. I like…maybe two Birthday Party songs. Release the Bats is good but the rest is like, eh.

Not too keen on Tom Waits but he’s a good actor so there’s a point in my book.

I have my selection of sour old white men to listen and bleat on about. Sadly not those two.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jelly posted:

Have you tried Tyler Childers?

I have, I liked that song Long Violent History but didn't really click with his other stuff.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m kinda whatever on The Office US, but I honestly loved Robert California and it is entirely due to the fact that it’s purestrain James Spader Gentleman Sociopath.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

teen witch posted:

Despite my sp00ky aesthetic, I’ll never, ever give a poo poo about Nick Cave. I like…maybe two Birthday Party songs. Release the Bats is good but the rest is like, eh.

Not too keen on Tom Waits but he’s a good actor so there’s a point in my book.

I have my selection of sour old white men to listen and bleat on about. Sadly not those two.

is metalheads not liking nick cave anything out of the ordinary though? i mean 60% of the dude's discography are piano ballads.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

N. Senada posted:

Is there any nut you like?

Well peanuts (but I guess they are legumes) but also cashews - especially honey roasted. Almonds are okay if covered in chocolate.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Well I’m not a metalhead so I can’t tell you.

Honestly he just comes off as insufferably pretentious and I say that as not only myself, but also as a Smiths fan.

I’m also an EN fan so trying to avoid Cave is a tich hard.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Tom Waits is cool, but it's not because his music is that good, it's because he's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

teen witch posted:

Well I’m not a metalhead so I can’t tell you.

Honestly he just comes off as insufferably pretentious and I say that as not only myself, but also as a Smiths fan.

I’m also an EN fan so trying to avoid Cave is a tich hard.

yeah he is, but say what you will about cave, at least he didn't turn into Himmler's favorite lounge act. which sucks because "speedway" was a banger before morrisey decided hitler was right.